About the molds and normal mobs(now for the staff ^^)

Niamy - Sanctuary
Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Hya ^^,
Well time ago i have ask if someone have get any mold from normal mobs, the few answer was NO T_T
Well, now i like to ask to the staff(Devs, Admin, GM or any just can answer my question ^^) is true just the normal mobs can drop Molds like i have see in the databases? or it's wrong?

Thanks b:bye
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
Venomancer 82
Cleric 55
Barbarian 32
Wizard 54
Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
Post edited by Niamy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hya ^^,
    Well time ago i have ask if someone have get any mold from normal mobs, the few answer was NO T_T
    Well, now i like to ask to the staff(Devs, Admin, GM or any just can answer my question ^^) is true just the normal mobs can drop Molds like i have see in the databases? or it's wrong?

Thanks b:bye

They can, but the drop rate is so pathetic its likely to never happenb:cry
    Take this mob for instance -> http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1773
    Only a .0015% chance.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Only a .0015% chance.

Yup i use the same website ^^ but i want this to be confirmed by the staff b:thanks

Anyway thanks for the reply b:cuteb:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Only a .0015% chance.

Lower than that, first you must hit the additionnal item drop table : Probability of additiolan items

of 0.5525%

Then on this table you must hit the mold drop : probability of 0.0015%

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    roffles. so technically by killing 100k of the same mobs...(correct calculations if wrong)

A = 0.5525% for additional items, B = 0.0015% for mould given additional items.

P(B|A) = 0.005525*0.000015/0.005525 = 1.5E-5 = 1.5E-3% <-- chance for a mould on a single drop

1-(1-P)^100,000 = 0.77687 = 77.687% --> chance for getting mould drop in 100,000 kills

realistically, i can see myself grinding like that at some higher lvls. if those percentages are indeed true, then i may well come on here one day and talk about normal mobs dropping me a mould hahaha

good luck
  • Gyonax - Heavens Tear
    Gyonax - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have gotten a mold from a normal mob.

I got a Cudgel of the Barbarian Lord, lvl 87 Polehammer from the Dazzlewings above Peach Blossom Grove. I got it when I was in the low 80's.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw the color of the drop. I almost fell off my chair when I saw it was a weapon I could use. b:pleased
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I got a Cudgel of the Barbarian Lord, lvl 87 Polehammer from the Dazzlewings above Peach Blossom Grove. I got it when I was in the low 80's.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw the color of the drop. I almost fell off my chair when I saw it was a weapon I could use. b:pleased

son of a.... damn lucky [censore] xD
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I have been wondering this for the longest time myself.

Its good to know that atleast one person has gotten the extremely rare mold drop off a mob. b:victory

*continues on not holding breath*
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    roffles. so technically by killing 100k of the same mobs...(correct calculations if wrong)

A = 0.5525% for additional items, B = 0.0015% for mould given additional items.

P(B|A) = 0.005525*0.000015/0.005525 = 1.5E-5 = 1.5E-3% <-- chance for a mould on a single drop

1-(1-P)^100,000 = 0.77687 = 77.687% --> chance for getting mould drop in 100,000 kills

realistically, i can see myself grinding like that at some higher lvls. if those percentages are indeed true, then i may well come on here one day and talk about normal mobs dropping me a mould hahaha

good luck

Assuming that A and B have independant probabilities... the effective droprate is just P(A,B) = P(A)*P(B) = 0.005525*0.000015 = 0.000000082875

The expected number of molds is 1 for every 12,066,365 mobs. On a given server and for a specific lvl80ish mold, if you assume there are lets say 500 lvl 80+ players who kill 200 mobs a day on the average then that's 100,000 mobs / day that are killed. You can then expect for that mold to drop once every 4 months. I'm not too sure about the numbers for the active players in an appropriate level range and how many mobs they kill so the real range may be once every 2-6 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html