gm..plz reply this one

Options
maulik
maulik Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
because of the recent bug exploits, many of my friends got suspended or banned. but no one actually knows whether they are going to be released back or not.

sm of my friends have left the game already coz they thought tehy wont get their accounts back and i guess the situation is same in with other chars. its really a fault on their side to exploit the bug but come on..atleast tell us whats it gonna be so we can know what to do...
hoping to get a reply.
Post edited by maulik on

Comments

• xtrm9
    xtrm9 Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sweet they deserved to be perm banned.b:bye
  • maulik
    maulik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    its gettin boring to play aorund alone without ur usual friends jumping , danging, chating and ofcourse dying around u
  • willowleaf
    willowleaf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A lot of people will cheat through bugs in games like Oblivion, etc- though the temptations in an online game such as this especially made available would have likely encountered someone. I think a perm. ban would be a bit unfair. I don't believe the in-game economy was something they realized they would be messing over for everyone else. I met someone online who told me he was nearly lvl 80... was tempted by the bug and had to restart.

Its tough to suggest a roll-back for those who have spent hours grinding, etc- and there are apparently still people with cheated gold past to them.

Bringing their accounts back after an extended time would be nice- perhaps granted an apology. I really don't think they meant any harm.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good riddance. b:bye

Any game where real world cash affects the in-game economy (within the rules, such as the boutique in PWI), any cheating/exploiting should be treated with the harshest punishment - permaban. That's how I feel about it, at least. The punishment serves two purposes: it removes the individuals who will likely do it again if not removed, and it deters future exploiters with the fear of getting their precious hard-earned characters nixed.

Oh, and there's a small sense of justice (or vengeance, depending on your point of view) the community gets when such action is taken. So, I say good riddance.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good riddance, and I do hope we won't ever see them again. b:byeb:byeb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is a quote straight from PWI's mouth under their own Support page:

In a real world scenario, blame would be placed on the person that was behind the wheel at the time. But if it was against the law for you to drive a car (e.g. say you were underage) and your parents still gave you the keys and their consent, wouldn't it be reasonable to hold them partially liable?

My opinion:

In the real world the parents would be held responsible under the Law, they were the adults. Same as PWI is responsible, for they hire the programmers to program the game bot. The players were behind the wheel, PWI's programmers handed the players the keys. What is PWI's liability going to be for their Epic Failure which caused this whole mess? They have not shown me anything that they have taken the responsibility for their mistake other than make examples of players by banning them. There are still people in game with items that is impossible for a child to own, because they don't have a credit card and second I have played with these people since Sept 08and not once have they had items like these until Friday. I have also noticed an influx of mounts and Herc pets on lower lvl players that before Friday didn't have them, but again miraculously they have them now? Why are these people still in game? This was not a bug in the bot (bots don't create bugs in themselves) or an exploit by players. PWI needs to take total responsibility for their wrong doing and not using the proper coding in the bot that made what appeared to be a flawless quest. My opinion is their programmers basically added extra 0's to the amount the dyes were worth at the merchant, making it possible for people to gain high amounts of in game gold. People, reaped the benefits of a quest PWI put out in Patch 77, and all was fine in game even with GM's present or on their alts until players got their panties in a knot, because the price of gold went up in the auction house. I am sorry to say, but the values and business sense PWI has is in serious need of an over haul. PWI, stand up and take responsibility and reinstate those you banned for the blatant mistake you and your programmers made. Do a rollback, add a few exp. points and credit back the Zen people lost yesterday, and guess what all problems are solved in regards to PWI's Epic Fail......

Thanks,

VanyaDarknae
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • LegoverLass - Heavens Tear
    LegoverLass - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    my 2 cents ....

had this game been "totally free" then we could laugh this off and move on

however it isn't ... some people chose to put real money in this game ( which drives the game economy ) without these people those of you that do play without real money would have much less opertunity to obtain the boutique items

because "real money" is involved then its almost the same as theft ( not just plain old cheating) a permenant ban is the very least, i would personally like to see the police involved with thos concerned ( which will never happen )

just my opinion ,,, lets hope the game economy can recover from this ,,, if not then "cheaters" leaving the game wont be the problem its the honest players leaving that will be the real issue

or PWI will just become a haven for cheaters
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LegoverLass,

I hear your point, but remember it was PWI that put the quest in the game. If they did their job properly and tested things before putting a new patch out, this would not have happened. What happened yesterday was not cheating in any way. I have spent close to 4000.00 RL dollars for this game and Yes, I do agree it is a shame that PWI will and has lost many valuable players. I am one of the ones who is very close to leaving and I will make sure to let the door hit me on my way out, so I will not ever return. I am hoping PWI will do the right thing, so I will give it a few days to see what the final out come will be.

Vanya
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is a quote straight from PWI's mouth under their own Support page:

In a real world scenario, blame would be placed on the person that was behind the wheel at the time. But if it was against the law for you to drive a car (e.g. say you were underage) and your parents still gave you the keys and their consent, wouldn't it be reasonable to hold them partially liable?

My opinion:

In the real world the parents would be held responsible under the Law, they were the adults. Same as PWI is responsible, for they hire the programmers to program the game bot. The players were behind the wheel, PWI's programmers handed the players the keys. What is PWI's liability going to be for their Epic Failure which caused this whole mess? They have not shown me anything that they have taken the responsibility for their mistake other than make examples of players by banning them. There are still people in game with items that is impossible for a child to own, because they don't have a credit card and second I have played with these people since Sept 08and not once have they had items like these until Friday. I have also noticed an influx of mounts and Herc pets on lower lvl players that before Friday didn't have them, but again miraculously they have them now? Why are these people still in game? This was not a bug in the bot (bots don't create bugs in themselves) or an exploit by players. PWI needs to take total responsibility for their wrong doing and not using the proper coding in the bot that made what appeared to be a flawless quest. My opinion is their programmers basically added extra 0's to the amount the dyes were worth at the merchant, making it possible for people to gain high amounts of in game gold. People, reaped the benefits of a quest PWI put out in Patch 77, and all was fine in game even with GM's present or on their alts until players got their panties in a knot, because the price of gold went up in the auction house. I am sorry to say, but the values and business sense PWI has is in serious need of an over haul. PWI, stand up and take responsibility and reinstate those you banned for the blatant mistake you and your programmers made. Do a rollback, add a few exp. points and credit back the Zen people lost yesterday, and guess what all problems are solved in regards to PWI's Epic Fail......

Thanks,

VanyaDarknae
    I think PWI's point is that:

1) They didnt right out the rules and regulations for nothing before we signed up for the game. It was not in the tinyest of prints and popped up perfectly legible (aka if you have the inability to read at all, dont bother playing the game)

2) Nowadays, even a 5 year old will know whats cheating and whats not. One would expect a person old enough to play MMORPGs, bright enough to at least comprehend that if you take advantage of an exploit youll pay for it.

3) Similar situation: If a bank is robbed by robbers, you dont blame the bank for having money in there or not having a president level security installed, thus being robbed and leading to the financial damage. Usually you would blame the robbers who took advantage of the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • tinarg
    tinarg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i totally agree with Vanyadarknae it wasnt players that come up with bug or **** it was untested patch coused bye PW ppl banning ppl was the biggest mistake you ever did hurts to see ppl that i know was broke like hell now sreaming on world chat " wtb this and that pm any price etc" really hope you guys know WTF you doing
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Please read this post by Xarfox.

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.