The enemy archer

2»

Comments

• ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    there is no point in developing strategies defeating archers in duel, even if you have well polished one, the odds are still against you and archers will win a majority of the time. In a TW scenario, clerics and other robe users are the first to be targeted by multiple archers so chances are you will be dead quick.
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I always **** archers 1 vs 1... I'm LA, which makes it easier, but I used to beat archers when I was vit robe build too. If you know how to play your class and your not full magic, archers shouldn't be a problem.

My strategy is simple: If you have 2 spark (which I always do when leaving safe zone) you just plume shell, great cyclone (which should take their hp down to like 60%, so no heiro tick), sleep, mdef debuff, tempest. I have yet to find an archer who doesn't die to this combo. (Killed a 9x archer 1 vs 1, without pots or crits))

If you don't have chi its going to be a bit harder. Try this: sleep, plume shell, mdef debuff, cyclone, plume shot (so u break their heiro with plume shot), then cyclone, wield thunder, cyclone, (they should be dead now, if not: plume shot.) This is based on the dmg output of a LA or full vit cleric. Don't know about full mag, cause that build fails anyway... If your LA (like me) and have decent gear (I got 2x 2% crit ring, giving me 11% crit without using crit arrow) it should be even easier, cause there is a fairly big chance of one of those attacks critting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Isowen was right a cleric unless jumped is a hard target to kill. If u jump them its easy if they see u plume shell is a biitch so ur forced to use elemental attacks and elemental vs robes = **** damage. I usually have to outlast the plume shell and usually count the seconds then start charging hell take aim so it hits just as their sheild drops then i stun and ur fcked. But seriously as a cleric u should be able to beat archers if u arent jumped.
    I dont know about you, but against sage archers you cant get close enough to cast any spells.

Serrated Arrow goes right through plume shell. Plume shell does not stop the damage-over time effect.

If the skill is higher leveled - you'll waste time healing as you dont have enough HP to survive the ticks.

If Deadly shot criticals - it can take out your plume shell and a good chunk of your HP.

Clerics stand a mild chance for the first 89 levels. Once the sage/demon cultivation comes, archers either:

A) Get further range with more power
    B) Get better critical rates

Either way its not pretty for us clerics.

At 100 it could be much worse too. Blood Vow is like kryptonite for clerics.

This post is semi lol. To break an eps shield u have to outdamage a mana heiro... A mana heiro ticks once every 5 seconds and usually a cleric has 8k mana so i have to deal 8k in 5 seconds after i tick their mana heiro which isnt visible. Yeah thats gonna happen......

LOL@ using DoT in pvp the serrated arrow ticks for about 100 damage at 9x where most players full magic have 4.5k hp scale it down to ur level range and ull see that is bs.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Isowen was right a cleric unless jumped is a hard target to kill. If u jump them its easy if they see u plume shell is a biitch so ur forced to use elemental attacks and elemental vs robes = **** damage. I usually have to outlast the plume shell and usually count the seconds then start charging hell take aim so it hits just as their sheild drops then i stun and ur fcked. But seriously as a cleric u should be able to beat archers if u arent jumped.

Even when archers jump me, I mostly still win. (unless its a 9x archer off course), They usually open with a stun, then while I'm stunned I press the plume shell hot key like mad so it goes up the moment stun wears of. After that its the same strategy as before. If you don't have 2 spark and don't want to take any risks its also a good idea to save sleep for when plume shell runs out. So you just dps and try to kill them, then, when plume shell wears of you sleep them, debuff, wait till plume shell's cooldown is almost gone, then charge a wield thunder. With sleeps cooldown of 30 sec's and plume shell's downtime of 10 sec's (30 sec's cooldown, 20 sec's duration) you'll only be without plume for very short periods of time. (During which you could stack yourself with some heals)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually, it is possible to beat an archer. It only depends on what kind of fight we are talking about here. If it's a duel, depending on how experienced the archer is, you can always sleep them, heal yourself, then seal and kill them before they are ever able to do much to you. However, if the archer has ANY experience whatsoever, Wings of Grace and you guys are pretty much screwed since we can deal both physical and metal damage, shell doesn't help much. (correct me if I'm wrong here)

In TW/PK it really depends on who finds who first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayreon - Lost City
    Ayreon - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Cleric can easily take out an Archer
    Sleep, use magic debuff then Tempest or spark and tempest b:laugh
    Seen Archers get one shot this way
    I tested a L10 MDef on a Heavy Amour BM. It changed his resistance % from 31 - 26%.

Magic Debuff L10 - 5%≥ more power to your elemental attacks for 30 seconds.
    If it were twice as good, I still wouldn't use it.
    NosVadumProspicioExFurtim
    -We shall Prosper With Stealth
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yeah most archers use winged grace when they do i tend to weild thunder to hurt them (damage immunity ends once I channeling of weild thunder over) so thats 1.5k damage or so.

Then in almost all cases:
    1) The archer attempts to stun (I have plume shell at this point) I spark and resist stun
    2) The archer sparks I take this time to either sleep them, unless they have winged grace still actived I cast 1 ironheart during their spark and run up to close range.

Then... okay im outta ideas
    Usually after that I can sleep them + kill them
    Or I just kill them =3
    I beat archers 12 levels higher than me
    but I can lose too
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Ayreon - Lost City
    Ayreon - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I tested a L10 MDef on a Heavy Amour BM. It changed his resistance % from 31 - 26%.

Magic Debuff L10 - 5%≥ more power to your elemental attacks for 30 seconds.
    If it were twice as good, I still wouldn't use it.

20 seconds*.
    NosVadumProspicioExFurtim
    -We shall Prosper With Stealth
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    edit: zzz, nvm - was tripping on something else.

[post deleted]
    edited April 2009
    Archer and cleric duels are so exciting!
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:sweat
    archers are easier to beat then BM
    all you need sleep them, debuff, spark, cyclone(tick hiero), plume shell, thunder, cyclone, .... b:bye
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its seem ever robe class has gone LA x.x

pretty much ur only chance to live against archers,bms,barbs

if ur robes ur pretty much a 1 shot (crit if u got alot of hp),charmed or not just a few extra shots for archers

i have problems with clerics when they use the shileds so i kite them in pvp than(this is hopin u got chi...) aim low, normal till tick,stun normal/deadly usually does the job in pk/pvpb:victory
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its seem ever robe class has gone LA x.x

pretty much ur only chance to live against archers,bms,barbs

if ur robes ur pretty much a 1 shot (crit if u got alot of hp),charmed or not just a few extra shots for archers

i have problems with clerics when they use the shileds so i kite them in pvp than(this is hopin u got chi...) aim low, normal till tick,stun normal/deadly usually does the job in pk/pvpb:victory

btw im robe
  • MasonChen - Sanctuary
    MasonChen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well archer is tricky you probably just kiss yourself a goodbye if you pk them.The lighting hit really hard even with ultra high defence if they crit lighting u probably died and archer stun + high crit is really easy to get clerics to 0 mp in duels.I have pretty high hp and physical def but still killing an archer is hrad.
    edited April 2009
    Lightning does crappy damage to robes, usually 1 IB is enough.
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Archer and cleric duels are so exciting!

Agree. Few weeks ago I used to kite them until their shield is off and some of then run in the opposite direction and the duel ended as a draw ,lol. b:laugh
    Now I don't kite and I rely on my luck to beat clerics in duels. Of course, depends on the cleric himself.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Even when archers jump me, I mostly still win. (unless its a 9x archer off course), They usually open with a stun, then while I'm stunned I press the plume shell hot key like mad so it goes up the moment stun wears of. After that its the same strategy as before. If you don't have 2 spark and don't want to take any risks its also a good idea to save sleep for when plume shell runs out. So you just dps and try to kill them, then, when plume shell wears of you sleep them, debuff, wait till plume shell's cooldown is almost gone, then charge a wield thunder. With sleeps cooldown of 30 sec's and plume shell's downtime of 10 sec's (30 sec's cooldown, 20 sec's duration) you'll only be without plume for very short periods of time. (During which you could stack yourself with some heals)

How do u sleep the archer with wings of grace activated? o_O Every single archer should use it when fighting clerics.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hey all a have a question about archers, how does a cleric beat em?
    In my experiences,
    Blademaster - plume shell, sleep spark, weild thunder and cyclone - usually easy
    Barbarian same thing just takes longer
    Venomancer plume shell to ignore the pets attack - spark - usually 1 hit ko
    Wizard - sleep and plume - easy

Archers- I tried everything plume shelling, sleeping but I always end up dead. how does a cleric deal with an archers insane damage output?

Just a note about the Venomancers...Plume shell does taco against bleed. I generally sleep the pet then focus on the Veno.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
    edited April 2009
    @WillFire

The reason you spark is to try to resist the bleed,

Venomancers and Archer stuns can be resisted simpily by sparking.

Although if you can sleep veno > silence seal pet
    then that would work to.