Am i the only one haveing a problem?

Yorukaze - Sanctuary
Yorukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
b:cry I think i might of gotten a virus trow PWI? My computer was fine till last night during the emergence maintenance. I did not know about it till after i tried to log in and it downloaded a path. About 2 hours later my computer went haywire and i have a mystery Virus Remover 2008 that was not there previously. Now i tried to log on to the game and 60sec later my computer restarts. Also my computer will not stay off. I turn it off and it comes back on. I can't shut down correctly ether i have to force it to turn off and unplug it for it to stay off and as soon as i plug it in, it turns on. I do not know what to do. If anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. (sorry for spelling) And thank you
Yorukaze b:sad b:shocked b:cry
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
Post edited by Yorukaze - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Your computer got jacked up. Take it to your nearest computer consultant or computer support service (Like Geek Squad, in the US) asap. I hope you backed up your hard drive in external storage recently. :< Good luck, Yorukaze!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yorukaze - Sanctuary
    Yorukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It did not come from PWI and am SOOOO happy about that... but it is a fake sky wear and i am currently working on getting rid of it. For all who find this if this happens to u u need to get some kind of spy ware to get rid of it it will not be deleted and will not uninstall. i will post on the results after my new spy ware finishes doing its thing. b:thanks b:pleased
  • AstigII - Sanctuary
    AstigII - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes! Finally something and similar to what happened to me. After the patch and the entire server down issues. When I logged back in my computer froze and when I restarted my computer would not load the windows program. It would stay on bios start up.

Anyhow I fixed the problem. Which I just reinstalled clean my windows vista. I hope I wont have to go through this same issue again.
    PNAS recruiting all pilipinos apply at: pnas.guildlaunch.com
  • zoooey
    zoooey Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You should turn off the "Wake up on LAN" (or similar) function in your BIOS settings. If you have it enabled your computer will turn on when it's contacted via internet.

You will never need that function normally, unless you want to access your computer from school/work or something. Also it guards your computer from remote hijacks when it's not on. Of course you will have to deal with the virus/remote access cause, that BIOS setting only helps keep the computer safe when you're not dealing with the problem yourself.

EDIT: Just as a sidenote you should have the holy trinity installed on your computer to guard from spyware. It's called 'Ad-aware', 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' and 'CC Cleaner'. They're all trusted and free softwares, and having one will not replace others, since they're aimed towards slightly different threats.
    Haven't used Windowses myself that much for the last few years so I'm not sure if there's some new replacement programs for those. That I do know that all those are still alive and kicking.
  • Anarith - Sanctuary
    Anarith - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's why I don't like PCs much.You can get viruses easily.
    I got experience with false Anti-virus programs,too...
    I think that **** is still in my computer....hidden,somewhere....and...waiting.... b:quiet
    Češi,hlaste se!!!