"Fox" News Covers the Economic Meltdown

Options
Tiffanny - Sanctuary
Tiffanny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Hey, I'm a Venomancer. Of course I watch the Fox News Channel! b:laugh

Taken from the Fox News feed @ roughly 745 PM Central Standard Time:

"Earlier, President Barak Obama flew out to California aboard Air Force One to meet with officials from Perfect World International, in order to try to repair the damage caused by what the Obama administartion called "The worst economic crisis players have experienced since the Great Depression."

President Obama went on to add that, "We must work swiftly to repair the damage caused by this new patch. Our financial insitutions, including even our Cash Shop, were dealt a massive blow by this unfortunate turn of events handed down to us from the previous administration.

As you know, I warned during my campaign that the previous administration had bahaved irresponsibly, and failed to protect and safeguard our various financial institutions. This new patch--coded entirely by Bush administraion officials--has wreaked havoc all across our economy. Entire populations have been displaced. Unemployment among players now stands at 100%. Inflation has spiraled wildly out of control, causing the exchange ratio between coinage and Gold to balloon to record heights.

The one thing we cannot afford to do, is to do nothing. Earlier today I met with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, urging them both to push their members toward drafting an emergency economic stimulus bill which is intended to put players back to work right away, and which will hopefully return our currency exhange rates to their normal, pre-patch levels.

I urge all of you are who listening right now to support my administration's efforts to return our economy back to normal. This new patch forced on us by the previous administration must be scrapped. We must do a complete rollback, returning ourselves to an era of both financial solvency and fiscal responsibility. If we fail to act swiftly, this sudden economic collapse will only continue to escalate."

(reporter concludes):

"Officials from both the G.O.P. and Perfect World International have so far failed to comment..."
Post edited by Tiffanny - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Brilliant. I actually watched the debate and vote today. Dumbasses.
  • infamousaim
    infamousaim Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey, I'm a Venomancer. Of course I watch the Fox News Channel! b:laugh

Taken from the Fox News feed @ roughly 745 PM Central Standard Time:

"Earlier, President Barak Obama flew out to California aboard Air Force One to meet with officials from Perfect World International, in order to try to repair the damage caused by what the Obama administartion called "The worst economic crisis players have experienced since the Great Depression."

President Obama went on to add that, "We must work swiftly to repair the damage caused by this new patch. Our financial insitutions, including even our Cash Shop, were dealt a massive blow by this unfortunate turn of events handed down to us from the previous administration.

As you know, I warned during my campaign that the previous administration had bahaved irresponsibly, and failed to protect and safeguard our various financial institutions. This new patch--coded entirely by Bush administraion officials--has wreaked havoc all across our economy. Entire populations have been displaced. Unemployment among players now stands at 100%. Inflation has spiraled wildly out of control, causing the exchange ratio between coinage and Gold to balloon to record heights.

The one thing we cannot afford to do, is to do nothing. Earlier today I met with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, urging them both to push their members toward drafting an emergency economic stimulus bill which is intended to put players back to work right away, and which will hopefully return our currency exhange rates to their normal, pre-patch levels.

I urge all of you are who listening right now to support my administration's efforts to return our economy back to normal. This new patch forced on us by the previous administration must be scrapped. We must do a complete rollback, returning ourselves to an era of both financial solvency and fiscal responsibility. If we fail to act swiftly, this sudden economic collapse will only continue to escalate."

(reporter concludes):

"Officials from both the G.O.P. and Perfect World International have so far failed to comment..."

niice ur gonna get to play in 3 hours ppl stop crying lol
  • Klaxton - Sanctuary
    Klaxton - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    u sure it was Fox? Sounds a little too fair and a bit too balanced.
  • fireempress
    fireempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Recent Bull(sh)itin:
    programmers are currnetly researching ways to revert the economy to pre-patch standards, but as usual some people are being quite pessimistic and are pushing for a change in policy based upon a subjective standard of fairness
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Agreed. No way it could be Fox.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes we can. Yes we can. b:victory
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Tiffanny - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i'm just worried about all of us who had gold on deposit in the Cash shop. Will the government reimburse us for our losses? I know we're supposed to be insured by the FDIC, but... only up to like 100k.

I had a LOT more than 100k socked away in my bank account earlier....b:sad
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    pricless.. ahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • fireempress
    edited February 2009
    Options
    is that dragon thing in kant's signature a ride o.o
    and to the people above who were commenting on fox news' reliability, i dont think u got the joke
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    and to the people above who were commenting on fox news' reliability, i dont think u got the joke

Sounds to me like you're the one who didn't get the joke. b:laugh
  • Klaxton - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Um, where do I sign up for the bailout?
  • Venton - Lost City
    Venton - Lost City Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I watch Fox 6 every morning b:victory
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

yeah its a flying mount I got a screenshot from a while back of a gm on one :P

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8491/dragonsac3.png
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • Tiffanny - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Um, where do I sign up for the bailout?
    I dunno but I had all of my retirement savings, my 401K, everything, socked away in my safe before all of this happened!!

I can't believe the government will let these evil CEOs from all these Big Gaming companies fly in on their expensive corporate jets and fly off with all my money!!! b:cry

These are desperate times we're living in right now. Desperate times! Everyone's talking "rollback", but a rollback would wipe out my entire life savings!!! b:surrender

I don't know what to do. And PWI so far isn't releasing any of the details from their proposed Economic Recovery Patch. All I know is what I've heard in the media... b:angry
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeah Its A Flying Mount I Got A Screenshot From A While Back Of A Gm On One :p

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8491/dragonsac3.png

Xarfox Stole My Mount!

~s
  • fireempress
    edited February 2009
    Options
    nice siggie sait
    tiff stop being melodramatic its a game
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    nice siggie sait
    tiff stop being melodramatic its a game

Someone doesn't get the joke.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Indeed I love that Siggy too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Indeed I love that Siggy too!

Aye, but sadly you could change it to "<insert game name here> Forums" and still be just as accurate =/
  • fireempress
    edited February 2009
    Options
    that doesnt change the fact that its true, in fact u could change the forum part too
  • Tiffanny - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Someone doesn't get the joke.
    What joke? This economic crisis is REAL. We need to pressure our lawmakers to pass an economic stimulus plan NOW. Even if it is 1,100 pages long and none of them could possibly have read it and it funds everything from "green" improvements to govt. buildings in Lost City, to the study of urban canals inside Archosaur (I studied those last night, got a failing grade though), to the purchase of a new fleet of hybrid mounts for local Guard departments...
  • Klaxton - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What joke? This economic crisis is REAL. We need to pressure our lawmakers to pass an economic stimulus plan NOW. Even if it is 1,100 pages long and none of them could possibly have read it and it funds everything from "green" improvements to govt. buildings in Lost City, to the study of urban canals inside Archosaur (I studied those last night, got a failing grade though), to the purchase of a new fleet of hybrid mounts for local Guard departments...

lawmakers? Did I oversleep on voting day? Throw the bums out I say! We need serious reforms and more regulators to make sure that rampant speculation doesn't ruin the gold exchange.

And yes, the crumbling infrastructure of Lost City needs some serious attention. Maybe they can fix that Broken Bridge too. Hmm, but then it would just be Bridge Village I guess.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Im glad our GMs can post on useless threads that have no real point but to waste peoples time reading, so I guess they have no time to put 'Yes/No there will/won't be a roll-back' instead they are posting ' I like turtles' and various dissapointing to read posts.

I love the humour of our GMs but should they goof off on a matter like this? Players have lost millions do to post server shut down because a GM APPARENTLY said ROLL-BACK so people dropped stuff for fun/Spent loads on Telecoustics and various stuff. My question is, Do the GMs take this serious or are they enjoying the exploited cash they made today?

Side Note - Funny read to kill time, Nothing I said was intended to put down on this post. It was funny, it's a matter of GMs posting pointless stuff on stuff that won't help ease the members. Another 1 hour 46 minutes, still no one knows if there will be a roll back and what to expect. Should I delete my zhen account made and pack up and go to a better game where the administration and developers take things serious/have humour and keep us the community informed, Yes a F2P game but we all know this game would shut down without cash shoppers. I like playing the game so I support it, I never had a issue against GMs until now. Lack of information, Lack of communication, Lack of everything all together.

(No offense to GMs.)
  • Vasflam - Lost City
    Vasflam - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Im glad our GMs can post on useless threads that have no real point but to waste peoples time reading, so I guess they have no time to put 'Yes/No there will/won't be a roll-back' instead they are posting ' I like turtles' and various dissapointing to read posts.

I love the humour of our GMs but should they goof off on a matter like this? Players have lost millions do to post server shut down because a GM APPARENTLY said ROLL-BACK so people dropped stuff for fun/Spent loads on Telecoustics and various stuff. My question is, Do the GMs take this serious or are they enjoying the exploited cash they made today?

I like playing the game so I support it, I never had a issue against GMs until now. Lack of information, Lack of communication, Lack of everything all together.

(No offense to GMs.)

I personally think the GMs have been doing a good job. I also find it funny that your name is DevilCrys, since crying is all you have done today on the forums.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would like to know what Bush said about the obama administration in PWI.
    But I imagine something like ... "And not attacked?"
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I personally think the GMs have been doing a good job. I also find it funny that your name is DevilCrys, since crying is all you have done today on the forums.

Im sorry my name isn't as original as 'Vasflam' b:pleased Crying or a paying player? I pay to keep this game up as-well as many other zhen buyers have posted earlier, We don't pay to be kept in the dark on a game basically ran by our money?

No cashshoppers = game goes away
  • Vasflam - Lost City
    Vasflam - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Im sorry my name isn't as original as 'Vasflam' b:pleased Crying or a paying player? I pay to keep this game up as-well as many other zhen buyers have posted earlier, We don't pay to be kept in the dark on a game basically ran by our money?

No cashshoppers = game goes away

Just cause you dropped a couple pennys on this game doesn't mean you're a god and doesn't mean you deserve anything other than the items you bought.
  • Klaxton - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would like to know what Bush said about the obama administration in PWI.
    But I imagine something like ... "And not attacked?"

hahahahahahah it's those wraiths i tells ya! They hate us for our values and way of life. And probably cause most of our quests involve killing them.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just cause you dropped a couple pennys on this game doesn't mean you're a god and doesn't mean you deserve anything other than the items you bought.

Ya I digged through my couch and found enough money to buy mounts and stuff, Dang your smart.. Sometimes I pull my teeth out so the toothfairy will visit me so I can cashshop, You are a brilliant person!

Im no God, Im just someone thats helped keep this game going same as many of the thousands of cash shoppers out there. I don't really care, I just want questions answered not jibberish posts by GMs.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hahahahahahah it's those wraiths i tells ya! They hate us for our values and way of life. And probably cause most of our quests involve killing them.

I almost do not hate anyone, in fact the people who i hate i can count with the fingers of one hand, and i dont judge an entire village, city, country, etc.. by one person or what they show from the outside, as many do who judge without knowing the reality b:mischievous

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...