A few ideas.

yellownumberfive
yellownumberfive Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Suggestion Box
I play a 6x cleric most of the time so most of my suggestions will be about them.

Clerics in dungeon squads are a must. They heal and rez fallen allies. However, if a cleric falls and they havent spent 50K on a ressurection scroll and bought a guardian angel, they do not get the benefit that the other players get. We already have to throw in alot of spirit and coinage to get our level 10 ressurections. I don't see this as being very fair. The only way around it is to suffer the loss of damage dealing and have a second cleric in party. I think a cleric self rez would be a nice thing to have. A spell they can cast on themself like a buff that lasts for 30 minutes or an hour and gives the same exp back as their current level of ressurection.

Clerics get fast flying outside dungeons, but in dungeons we are slugs. How about a clerical speed buff that we can use in a dungeon?

Fix the issue with the magical defensive buff. It does not start over if rebuffed. If you use the buff when the original buff has 5 minutes left, it disappears after 5 minutes and not another 30 minutes or hour.

It would be nice for clerics to be able to buff and heal Venomancer pets.

Magic regen and Hit point regen stones for socket armor would be cool to have. Maybe a boss drop only item?

Herbs in the cash shop! It takes on average 10-15 harvests to make 5 tonics. It takes 2-3 harvests to make gear. I don't see the reason for this.

Money drops from mobs should be a little more consistant. There is nothing like killing a 3x mob and getting 100 coin and then killing a 7x mob and getting the same amount!

Boss experience should be better than mob exp. It takes 20 times as long to kill one...why dont we get 20 times the exp?

And last but not least....THE LOOT SYSTEM! Random loot setting is a joke. Fix it!

Anyhow..these are some of my suggestions. Maybe they are already in this forum..maybe not. I just didn't feel like reading all of them this morning. XD Have a great day...see you in game.
Post edited by yellownumberfive on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1. Clerics shouldn't have a self res. That would overpower them. They would basically not need to worry about dying at all. You're an idiot.

2. There already is a cleric speed buff that is usable inside dungeons. You're still an idiot.

3. This "issue" with the mdef buff not starting over when rebuffed can be solved with a hearty dose of not-being-an-idiot. So you're out of luck there. I'll give you a hint though: Cast it after it wears off, not before.

4. Magic regen and HP regen stones.. ehh.. no comment. Could take it or leave it (by which I mean leave it).

5. I seem to recall seeing herbs in the cash shop previously. Not sure whether it was in PW-I or not though. Maybe it was PW-MY. This isn't a terrible idea.. but it's a boring one. It needs more unicorns.

6. Money drops should be more consistent? Why? How pedantic do you want to be, you raging chimpanzee prostitute. You're just looking for things to whine about now. You are hereby awarded the cub scouts badge for whining.

7. Bosses already do give more XP than mobs. Good of you to suggest it though.... nahh.. I'm just humoring you. You're an idiot for suggesting it.

8. You want the random loot system to be... fixed? I'm no expert, but I would probably say that the random loot system is best described as random. This means that it's random. Go figure. How the hell do you want it to be fixed? Would you like them to insert a little "Incompetent whiners get 60% more drops to compensate for them being 60% less likeable" script into there? It's random, and you're still an idiot.

Have a great day, see you in game. b:bye
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    can't you say anything positive?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    can't you say anything positive?

Hmm.. essentially you asked me if I am unable to say anything positive. If I say no, then I am giving a negative answer in which I say that I can give positive answers...

But if I say yes, then I am giving a positive answer, which confirms my inability to say positive things while at the same time contradicting it.

I might as well just sit in a corner and divide by zero. b:surrender

*head explodes*
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Re: Fuzzle's response.

2. It's a level 79 skill giving 30% speed increase for 10 seconds with a 5 minute cooldown. It's not a sort of skill you get so you can run around dungeons faster.
    I accept there are reasons my clerics and mages are so slow, but it's still painful without mounts/fast flyers.

3. Would still be nice if the refreshed the duration. You know, you're about to fight a boss and want to rebuff, rather than having all the buffs wear off in mid fight. I'm not too bothered by this.

8. I assume he means he wants to to give a more even short term distribution, so instead of having spikes all over the place only giving even drops over the long term (theoretically), some sort of smoothing function, that biases towards people who've gotte fewer drops, giving more even drops.
    I assume that's what he wants at least.
  • yellownumberfive
    yellownumberfive Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I wasn't aware that ideas warranted such name calling. I'm sure that your parents probably weren't called names when they had the idea to bring yet another **** into the world!b:laugh It doesn't bother me to have ideas dissed in a post but the name calling is a bit rediculous.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    RE: fuzzles

1) A clerics self rez over powers them? how lol you're an idiot
    2) That speed buff Is lvl 79 for 10 seconds you're still an idiot
    3) lol
    4) Magic and hp regen whats wrong with that?
    5) lol
    6)erm.. no comment
    7)err bosses dont give more exp than mobs lol I get like 171 exp from krixxix
    8)pie thats random right?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't play a cleric but I like all the ideas, except clerics being able to heal veno pets... if that would be possible, we wouldn't need tank classes ;)
    a self res wouldn't make clerics too overpowered if they'd still loose xp.

just ignore fuzzles, sometimes I think he's drunk when writing at the forum...
    ...fuzzles, can you say anything positive?^^
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I play a 6x cleric most of the time so most of my suggestions will be about them.

Clerics in dungeon squads are a must. They heal and rez fallen allies. However, if a cleric falls and they havent spent 50K on a ressurection scroll and bought a guardian angel, they do not get the benefit that the other players get. We already have to throw in alot of spirit and coinage to get our level 10 ressurections. I don't see this as being very fair. The only way around it is to suffer the loss of damage dealing and have a second cleric in party. I think a cleric self rez would be a nice thing to have. A spell they can cast on themself like a buff that lasts for 30 minutes or an hour and gives the same exp back as their current level of ressurection.

Clerics get fast flying outside dungeons, but in dungeons we are slugs. How about a clerical speed buff that we can use in a dungeon?

Fix the issue with the magical defensive buff. It does not start over if rebuffed. If you use the buff when the original buff has 5 minutes left, it disappears after 5 minutes and not another 30 minutes or hour.

It would be nice for clerics to be able to buff and heal Venomancer pets.

Magic regen and Hit point regen stones for socket armor would be cool to have. Maybe a boss drop only item?

Herbs in the cash shop! It takes on average 10-15 harvests to make 5 tonics. It takes 2-3 harvests to make gear. I don't see the reason for this.

Money drops from mobs should be a little more consistant. There is nothing like killing a 3x mob and getting 100 coin and then killing a 7x mob and getting the same amount!

Boss experience should be better than mob exp. It takes 20 times as long to kill one...why dont we get 20 times the exp?

And last but not least....THE LOOT SYSTEM! Random loot setting is a joke. Fix it!

Anyhow..these are some of my suggestions. Maybe they are already in this forum..maybe not. I just didn't feel like reading all of them this morning. XD Have a great day...see you in game.

I believe it's my turn to explain the problem with the request, as people have discarded fuzzles' points.

1. "I have died, allow me to cast a spell on myself from beyond the grave so I can keep going." Even if casted before-hand, the idea is absurd. It beats the risk that clerics take, then parties would never lose, because the cleric can self-revive and just restart on the spot. This wasn't thought out properly, not from a critical standpoint, just from a self-benefice one.

2. It comes with the class, it makes HH rushing harder, it's just the way it goes. It's unreasonable to ask for skills that belong to other classes, like asking for all-class fighting pets. Even then, like fuzzles said, the 79 skill is there, it's just waiting for you to get it. Skills that are unnatural to a class shouldn't be easy to get, and 10 seconds seems like a pretty good sprint time.

3. Flauschkatze covered the veno pet part, it's just not right.

4. Magic regen and HP regen is a depressing attribute to socket into an armor, and the developers were kind enough to not allow people to make a mistake like that. There isn't a noticeable difference for gear that have them, because it's reduced so much during combat, which is when you would need something like that. There are better stones that can be used to increase real survivability.

5. Some herbs can make people immune for 15 seconds, I'm glad the herbs haven't been added to the cash shop, otherwise people would be immune all over the place, and receiving half damage, with a constant 2 spark regeneration.

6. Money drop eh... It evens out with the amount of mobs you kill, some can drop as much as 1000, so, if you added too much consistency to that, the economy would be flooded.

7. There are some exp bosses, and there are quest bosses. Quest bosses are meant to complete quests, and in no way make you want to kill them again, so you let other people kill them for their own quests. EXP bosses are, well, bosses that give a fair amount of exp, although they're not that encouraging either.

8. Random loot is random, perhaps you meant, "add a different loot distribution method"?
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Perhaps, instead of giving clerics solo rez, they should introduce a world quest with a new all class skill for its reward?
    Trade Life.

Give your life to targeted squad member.

• Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The self-rez thing is interesting. Let's build on that. In World of Warcraft, there is something called a Soulstone, which is like a resurrection scroll, but user-created through a spell, and it wears off after a certain time. Also, the cool down time to soulstone someone is long. So there is a limit to this self rezzing, a person cannot continueously die and get back up in a short time frame. How about something like that for clerics? Self-rez with restrictions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nimfadora - Heavens Tear
    Nimfadora - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i think a res with 5 minute time delay and u still loose exp would be nice so you dont have to get back in from town.

i think needing a few less herbs per set of pots or a few more herbs on map would be nice.

some more places to buy lvl 70 plus pots

a way of making hp and mp charms even if it takes alot of mats.

it would be nice if bosses had a bit better exp as i am always having to go with faction members to fb's over my level (the answer of well lvl up is not as easy as im sure you will make it sound time and others using it for stuff makes it not so) i not saying major and I no i dont get the fb bonus to stop people power lvling but just a little more normal exp would be nice.

the speed of a cleric in fbs really annoys me when there a long run of nothing and you miles behind others. However if the herb situation was different then could use speed pots more often.

I think it would be nice if the apoc pots recharged a bit quicker or if u could use 2 as a max at once instead of one.

Main thing I think it would be good if there was a spirt reset because I have skills i dont need and cant get the ones I do want and starting again really puts you off playing. That would be the best add I can think of.

I dont think clerics need alot faster just a touch would be nice cos they are so so slow.

the amount of stuff you need to decomp to make charms is over the top to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    there should always be time to think