Make Wizzy Knockbacks Work In Duels/pvp/tw

AndromedaB - Sanctuary
AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Suggestion Box
mages are super squishy. having a knockback will actualy give us mages a fighting chance when dueling a barbarian or bm our level.
Post edited by AndromedaB - Sanctuary on

Comments

• bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    wouldn't that look kind of weird on the other person's screen though? And you should include archers too.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It would be too unbalancing. The problem with that is that, if you can push players back with knockback, basically catapult pullers would never ever reach a base. The defending guild only has to focus on knocking back the WB, they don't really have to kill it.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wizards, archers, and barbs all have knockback.
    I'm not really sure about the logic behind disallowing knockback while allowing stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Wizards, archers, and barbs all have knockback.
    I'm not really sure about the logic behind disallowing knockback while allowing stun.

Read the above post...
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    how about making it work like a stun as in u can be immune to it and the distacne decreaces with ur fire defense since WotF is a fire spell
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    also wizzy is super squishy so killing a bunch of them isnt really that hard.

1 wizzy with tempest could own 999999 wizzies
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    either that or making sutra way longer or cost 1 spark
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't think a push spell in pvp or duels would be a good idea but I also think they should take out stun... If blademasters and such can use stun then yes, I do believe knockbacks should be able to be used because there is no difference... Unless your a ranged attacker like a cleric or archer, then knockback doesn't even affect anything while stun can... Its not a fair fight when you stay stunned the whole freaken fight and have a chance to hit POSSIBLY once... Its a cheap way to win and alot of people take full advantage of it... I tried to duel a bm and he stunned me 3 times in one duel... I got to cast ONE time... If stun is allowed then so should knockbacks... b:surrender
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Mage's seal just needs a fix, than its balanced.

least longer or/and make a stun out of it
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't think a push spell in pvp or duels would be a good idea but I also think they should take out stun... If blademasters and such can use stun then yes, I do believe knockbacks should be able to be used because there is no difference... Unless your a ranged attacker like a cleric or archer, then knockback doesn't even affect anything while stun can... Its not a fair fight when you stay stunned the whole freaken fight and have a chance to hit POSSIBLY once... Its a cheap way to win and alot of people take full advantage of it... I tried to duel a bm and he stunned me 3 times in one duel... I got to cast ONE time... If stun is allowed then so should knockbacks... b:surrender

Stuns are fair. Comming from Sanctuary you guys havent been exposed to really tough PvP.

Archers have Aim Low or Stunning Shot.

Last time I checked, for an archer, a stun is a good thing - giving some breathing time to channel some heavy hitting skills (sparking)
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'll take working Knockback on Wiz AND archer.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    or they could just make force of will last 2x longer
  • whysoserious
    whysoserious Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Oh Hey, while they're at it, Increase the range of melee too. Learn to play your class better is all there is to it. you have distance shrink for 25 meters, learn it and use it and dont whine as wiz. Archers have aim low and stun immunity.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009

PvP is a work of strategy, duel is a cheap method to test power, seeing as how classes are poor by themselves. They all need someone else to compliment them, maybe not WF with phoenix though...

I still disagree with the idea of player knockbacks, for the same reason I stated above. Even though I already know it can't be implemented, reason for which this is my last reply here, it's not an ideal effect. It's prone to exploitation.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Annor casts Wingspan, dealing 953 damage.
    You fly backwards.
    Annor casts Knockback Arrow, dealing 1741 damage.
    You fly backwards.
    The 7 mobs you just aggroed attack for:
    451 damage
    762 damage (crit)
    430 damage
    370 damage
    630 damage
    210 damage
    469 damage
    You die.
    You lose 5% xp.
    Annor: lololol.
    You whisper -player-: OMGz WTFxx THIS ***** *** ARCHUR JEST **** ME *** WTFX PWI
    You: YOU ARE SECH A ***** NEWB ANNOR **** ****

...ya dig?
    Obviously it is not appropriate to have players who are attacking you drive your characters movement when your environment can be similarly hostile.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    You fly backwards.
    Annor casts Knockback Arrow, dealing 1741 damage.
    You fly backwards.
    The 7 mobs you just aggroed attack for:
    451 damage
    762 damage (crit)
    430 damage
    370 damage
    630 damage
    210 damage
    469 damage
    You die.
    You lose 5% xp.

...ya dig?
    Obviously it is not appropriate to have players who are attacking you drive your characters movement when your environment can be similarly hostile.
    You fly backwards.
    Harpy Wraith hits you, dealing 9376 damage.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Oh Hey, while they're at it, Increase the range of melee too. Learn to play your class better is all there is to it. you have distance shrink for 25 meters, learn it and use it and dont whine as wiz. Archers have aim low and stun immunity.

2 things, running takes 20+ seconds to cool down

and i do know my class very well. thats why i can still kill ppl in SP and outside. it just requires a huge distraction (for around 3 seconds)

mages can srsly not kill anybody except warriors in a proper pvp match and thats if the mage is skilled
    mage vs robes. it will depend on when they react. because if they dont cast stun withing 4 seconds they die. u say omg! thats kewl. NO ITS NOT wizzys have a horrible stun and its pretty much useless unless u see a high level sparking at u. every other class has a good stun ours sux. when maxed it lasts 6 seconds and the target can still move/pot
  • tikimeister
    tikimeister Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    give us squishies our one defense. we have low phsyical resist our knock back is a necessity to give us time to heal