Skills

Forp - Heavens Tear
Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
I'm at the point where maxing most of my skills has become quite easy, and have done so. But, even as my plan continues, I'm confused where to go next. Right now I'm working on maxing Dimensional Seal(physical debuff), but after that, where do I go? I know at 74 I'll max Purify, but I have no plans after that.

The skills I have that I haven't gotten passed level 1 yet are as followed:

Heals:
Soon, the Light
Stream of Rejuvenation

I've been told both are fairly useless, but I'm not so sure about Stream of Rejuvenation. That chunk it heals upon use, and the HoT effect that comes with it, seems like it could have its uses at higher levels.

Seals:
Silent Seal
Chromatic Seal

Silent Seal seems strong in pvp against pesky blademasters and barbarians, but where else can I use this skill? Until I join a guild, I have no use for this as I do not pk. Chromatic Seal stands the same as Silent Seal.

Attacks:
Thunderball
Siren's Kiss
Wield Thunder
Tempest

I've decided I wont be leveling Tempest too much until after 8x, when I can come to maxing it(and the sp and coin cost right now are just outrageous). I know Wield Thunder will never be used as an opener, as the slow effect from Great Cyclone is very important for survivability, so range isn't as important. I've heard Thunderball is useless - someone show me otherwise.
Post edited by Forp - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Stream of Rejuvenation seems like the best healing spell but I have no idea about it's casting time and cooldown, if they are short then I think you should max it first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    These are the stats for level 10 Stream of Rejuvenation:

Range: 26.5 meters
    Mana: 850
    Channel: 2.5 seconds
    Cast: 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown: 1.0 seconds
    Weapon: Unarmed, Magic Instruments
    Requisite Cultivation: Master of Coalescence

Heal the target's HP, recovering 1230 plus 50% of your base magic attack and and additional 1230 HP over 15 seconds.

Sage version gains 30% extra Chi with each cast.
    Demon version temporarily grants the target an additional 100% bonus to equipment's physical defense.
  • Scryxalis - Sanctuary
    Scryxalis - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I keep my stream at lvl 1, which is enough to keep up with my lvl 77 BM partner's healing needs when he rounds up 15 lvl 83 pirates. For me though, I prefer the IH+WS combo :P

Soon, the light. Hmm.. I really dont see much use in it, because the only time a lot of people in your squad will get hit is.. uhm.. during AoE bosses in TT, which blue ball covers. And oh! When a barb buffs, lol. Obviously, a lvl 1 Soon is enough for that situation. I haven't used Soon during TW though. The channeling time is ugh. My squad members are already 5 metres ahead before it casts.

With the seals.. Hmm.. Both are friggin' expensive T_T But I see more effect in the silent seal (when it comes to TW) because it's really useless chrom-sealing someone or something, and then get hit 2 seconds afterwards by one of your squad members.
    I know Wield Thunder will never be used as an opener
    Did..... Did you just say that? O_o *faints*
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Did..... Did you just say that? O_o *faints*

Yes I did. I have no reason to open with it as it does not slow like Cyclone does, therefore putting my life in more risk. Currently, I only use wield thunder on elites and bosses while I spark and use elemental seal. Other than that, I forget it even exist.
  • Feirens - Heavens Tear
    Feirens - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i personally love stream of rejuvenation, and i always use wield thunder as an opener, unless the mobs element is strong against metal. cyclone is a fast cast so there is not much loss, and if distance is a problem just use silent seal real fast b:laugh
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    i personally love stream of rejuvenation, and i always use wield thunder as an opener, unless the mobs element is strong against metal. cyclone is a fast cast so there is not much loss, and if distance is a problem just use silent seal real fast b:laugh

Your wield thunder is level 1. Using it as an opener is only hurting yourself.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have my on lv 2 and i can say this now.
    Cyclone-plume-wielded thunder.
    Why this combo, cause cyclone to slow, plume to fill in the range gap, wielded thunder to deal more dmg then plume and cyclone together in less time.
    So i can say wielded thunder is a must, and not to say that youll be using it all the times in duels.
    b:dirty
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I have my on lv 2 and i can say this now.
    Cyclone-plume-wielded thunder.
    Why this combo, cause cyclone to slow, plume to fill in the range gap, wielded thunder to deal more dmg then plume and cyclone together in less time.
    So i can say wielded thunder is a must, and not to say that youll be using it all the times in duels.

The extreme cost of using wield thunder(it, at level 1, costing 3x as much mana as a maxed plume shot or cyclone), and it's long channeling, pushes anyone away who's aiming towards survival. Especially at that level. My cyclone/plume shot hits 4,500~5,000 damage on average, rarely spiking to 5,200. Wield thunder is hitting 5,200 but costing me the time to cast 2 spells at 3x the mana.

The only use I can see for it is pvp when you're dealing with a heavy armored/light armored opponent, other than that, in pve it's damn near useless until maxed.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    May be to you, cause you are lv 71 and have it on lv1 <.<
    Example, i grind on bloodthirsty sharks for DQ's and leather.
    Tried only using plume/cyclone. Get 2hits min from them.
    Cyclone-plume-wielded. 1hit if they even land that on me.

Cyclone/plume combo lasts 4.5 seconds.
    To cast wielded thunder it takes 3.7.

Thats why ppl use it and not to say that when i reach lv52 and get it on lv3
    it does 2.2times more dmg then cyclone or plume in less time >.>
    b:dirty