Duke Shouts: It is the duty of every low level Hero to get absolutely Squat!

Plumperella - Sanctuary
Plumperella - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
b:angry

Hello everyone, well I have now tried a few of these wraith events, to do my duty and protect the villages. But it seems as if though I am fighting other people over getting loot instead. No one wants to squad and everyone is greedy and loots even what you were already attacking. I would like to see some sort of change to these events, perhaps you could gain rep as well for answering the call.

If your a low level hero and someone who is 70+ comes along and just starts mashing everything in sight, you feel useless and well that just is not right, especially when the wraiths you are fighting are at or near your level.

b:mischievous Shawn Strickland
Post edited by Plumperella - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You do get rep. Those events drop dogtags and what not, which can be exchanged for rep at archo.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Plumperella - Sanctuary
    Plumperella - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Oh, cool but What is the name of the dog tag?
    b:mischievous Shawn Strickland
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wraith Soldier Dogtags, or something like that.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i believe its wraith solder's dog tag. if you can, try to kill the wraith invasion commander, he seems to drop the most for me. got 3 dog tags one time, but the other i got none. so it might come down to luck, but hey he still drop a lot of other loot.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the wraiths also drop celestones every now and then
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Be aware that wraith fights are a good source of money and reputation - this is what attracts high level players to them. Call it bad game design if you must.

If it makes you feel any better, these enemies subject high-levels to the same drop rate penalties anything else does (I'd assume) - for instance, I don't bother taking my main into lv20 wraith fights because he hardly gets anything for killing monsters 40 levels lower than him. So any high levels you see at low level wraith fights are, erm, rather stupid because moneywise they could just as easily grind for half an hour and buy a couple dog tags with the profits. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's true. If you're not at least a lvl 30 don't bother going.
    If you're a barb at any level, why bother?

Only time it's worthwhile is if there's 2 going on at the same time.