What do you think of Outlaw (the faction)?

Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Chronicles
I've been in Outlaw since lvl 37 and has made so many friends here. But I'm interested to know what other people think of it? What's our reputation to non-Outlawers? The recent drama (which I don't wanna get into) didn't really help, but it's safe to say that it has been sorted out and taken care of and we've become more close-knitted after it.

Feel free to comment your thoughts, but please, don't flame (not that I see a reason for it).
b:bye
Post edited by Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Most of my best friends are in Outlaw, and everyone I have met, in Outlaw has been great, and friendly.

I have heard some rumors about you all having had other kinds of people among your members, but I have not met any of them, yet.
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Most of my best friends are in Outlaw, and everyone I have met, in Outlaw has been great, and friendly.

I have heard some rumors about you all having had other kinds of people among your members, but I have not met any of them, yet.

xO I only know one who is lvl 81, and neeever joined a faction except outlaw recently and he's tired of it already xD

IMO i cannot judge really xD
    x_x
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    never heard of it.

I'm a newbee anyways.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't know too much about the internal workings of outlaw, but there are some things I do know.

1. I have traded with Pockey many times and he has always been patient and courteous.

2. I have never seen Pockey arguing in world chat like an ego inflated giant gorilla beating its chest.

3. All Outlaw members I have ever dealt with have been helpful to me in some way or another, and I have never had anything bad to say about them. (not that I have met every member mind you)

4. My own faction members have also reported to me that many Outlaw members have helped them with various fbs and tasks, which, as a small familial faction leader, I can always appreciate very much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just a side question, is Pockey a girl or boy in real life? Some people were telling me Pockey is a girl b:shocked
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just a side question, is Pockey a girl or boy in real life? Some people were telling me Pockey is a girl b:shocked

That's a good question lol. I said he because of the character, but I don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yall are cool, just chillin'.
    I've never been in the same squad with an Outlawn (lol)
    Back.
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have a generally good view of Outlaw, despite never meeting one, simply because I've never seen one KS or heard a member blabbing egoist nonsense in world chat. Too many other guilds have at least onehothead who puts a dent in their image by being a vulgar loudmouth. Of course this could change if I were see an Outlaw acting poorly, but so far, it's all good.

Also, I like the name and I like how they are content with the amount of land that they have in TW. That just resonates with my personal style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    To Deadbone:
    That shall remain a mystery (to you at least). :P

(hmm..how do i use quote)
  • GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary
    GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Pockey is a girl.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Pockey is a girl.
    No waiz! b:dirty
    edited February 2009
    No waiz! b:dirty

Yeah, but she's a bit of an emo, she had vent for outlaw but didn't like anyone talking to each other..
  • Filosofee - Sanctuary
    Filosofee - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, but she's a bit of an emo, she had vent for outlaw but didn't like anyone talking to each other..

This coming from someone I see whining in world chat every other day about pk and various nonsense and probably the 1st or 2nd most hated character on the whole server lol. I've never seen Pockey behaving like a buffoon with an inferiority complex.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    This coming from someone I see whining in world chat every other day about pk and various nonsense and probably the 1st or 2nd most hated character on the whole server lol. I've never seen Pockey behaving like a buffoon with an inferiority complex.

lolol b:chuckle
  • lacedcandy
    lacedcandy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't know too much about the internal workings of outlaw, but there are some things I do know.

1. I have traded with Pockey many times and he has always been patient and courteous.

2. I have never seen Pockey arguing in world chat like an ego inflated giant gorilla beating its chest.

3. All Outlaw members I have ever dealt with have been helpful to me in some way or another, and I have never had anything bad to say about them. (not that I have met every member mind you)

4. My own faction members have also reported to me that many Outlaw members have helped them with various fbs and tasks, which, as a small familial faction leader, I can always appreciate very much.

I wonder why others don't know what respect is. Respect other players, have some integrity if you would like to be respected too.
  • KillercowD - Sanctuary
    KillercowD - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    From what i understand most of the trash talkers left Outlaw in the recent drama so that probably helped outlaws appeal to other nice players in the game and therefor i like outlaw more now.

Sadly some nice and helpful people from outlaw also left but hopefully the helpful attitude outlaw have had towards other people on the server, no matter what affiliation they might have, will be even more showing now with the trash talkers and pk dramas mostly being gone.

good luck in the future outlaw
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Anyone want to fill me in on what happened? Was the drama a big issue or something?
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    nothing.. but they have the prettiest color on the map. i envy them that.
  • KillercowD - Sanctuary
    KillercowD - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I cant say i know the situation either but from what i can understand a conflict came up between people on ventrilo and their friends and the leader of the faction.

The last straw came when the leader of Outlaw wanted some drops and the huge money they could be sold for to himself (possibly for the faction for bidding) while the people in charge of and organising the events leading to the drop wanted them and the money to be used by the members of the faction. that caused the last split and the people on ventrilo organised for all of them to find a new guild after the leader of outlaw and other members had started slandering ventrilo users more frequently.
    at first they had a hard time finding that new guild but Ravenous could offer a new sanctuary for their huge numbers and now you can see Ravenous as one of the prime trash talking factions instead of Outlaw.

Thats the situation as far as i know and understand it. of course there are lots of other things leading up to the final split.
    edited February 2009

Learn how to inter-link things, for example; that didn't make sense since I was calling her emo not someone who spams WC so it didn't make sense

Secondly, I do NOT complain about PK and never have thank you very much, so stop trying to sound like you know everything about me/the server since you obviously don't.

Thirdly, you haven't seen her behaving like a "buffoon" and having fun etc is because she is emo, look it up if you don't know what that means either.
  • WuSuang - Sanctuary
    WuSuang - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Outlaw is a good faction except one member really annoyed me.

Just talking about PWI experiences (mine) and i did mention outlaw (nothing bad) and this player comes out of no where, offers me a duel, wins, and says im weak and some other ****. Of course im lvl 59 and the other person is like lvl 65+ Veno so of course and then started talking ****. That player said I started talking **** about Outlaw which i did not. Im like wth, what did i do? So other than that. Outlaw is a good faction. Formidiable as well.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    An unknown quality. I know nobody from there
  • ngc4038
    ngc4038 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    they dont go pk mad... which is good...
    i can usualy walk pass white or dark pink without being attacked b:pleased
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I met someone from Outlaw today, very respectful, cool person. And Pockey is still being awesome :P
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Alright guys I will fill yall in seeing as how I am a member of Outlaw since I was lvl 20 or so and the only faction I have ever been in.

First of all Pockey is a guy and a girl, they are husband and wife that play the same character, however the wife plays most often.

GodHatesYou, You couldn't be more wrong about vent. Pockey has never set up a vent server or voice comm of any kind. A member who left in all the drama a couple weeks ago was in charge of and paying for the server we were using prior to this series of events. Pockey, as far as I am aware, hasn't ever been on vent.

KillercowD, you are only partially correct. The conflict wasn't with "the" leader, it was with "a" leader of the faction rather.

I really don't think the drop thing was a major player in the reason of the exodus however it may have been one of the sparks.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    outlaw is a pretty good giuld... nice people (except for that veno that pked me b:surrender) :P
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Woot, my thread is still alive.

Awesome!
  • Parrotheadx - Sanctuary
    Parrotheadx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    A friend of mine told me about this person threatening to KOS his guild (On a PVE server b:laugh). So of course I have to ask, who??? He told me tamed_devil was cursing and making threats in whisper to him....he said he just put him/her on blacklist. I told him to SS it and send in a ticket. Not sure if he did, but I sure would have. But I just think it's kinda funny to threaten KOS on a PVE server. Only one word for that LOSER!! b:surrender

This is the only negative thing I've seen from the Outlaw guild. On one of my alts, they actually helped with my fb19, pretty good run and quick.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ive met some really nice and decent older members. Some of the newer members are just... wow rude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    A friend of mine told me about this person threatening to KOS his guild (On a PVE server b:laugh). So of course I have to ask, who??? He told me tamed_devil was cursing and making threats in whisper to him....he said he just put him/her on blacklist. I told him to SS it and send in a ticket. Not sure if he did, but I sure would have. But I just think it's kinda funny to threaten KOS on a PVE server. Only one word for that LOSER!! b:surrender

This is the only negative thing I've seen from the Outlaw guild. On one of my alts, they actually helped with my fb19, pretty good run and quick.

Sorry to hear that but I can tell you he's no longer a part of Outlaw faction. Cough* yay Cough*
This discussion has been closed.