Dear Diary: The Life of Isala

Lirinala - Sanctuary
Lirinala - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2009 in The Fanatics Forum
I saw this forum and couldn't resist writing a little fanfiction. I think it goes here. Even though there aren't any others from what I could tell... Anyway. Here goes. I might not complete it, but I want to have some fun. Basically, it's Perfect World, give or take a bit, from the eyes and pen of my main, Isala. Enjoy.

Dear Diary:

I woke up in a strange place the other day. All around me were bizarre creatures, huge beetles and scorpions, and moving flowers. I didn't know where I was, how I had gotten there, or even what I was supposed to do. All I knew was my name, and that for some reason, I felt very, very alone. Looking around, I saw girls and guys of all shapes and sizes... A catgirl walked right in front of me as I looked around, and a large panda was smashing those beetles I had noticed earlier... Was this natural? I didn't remember what I look liked... Was I a catgirl too? I certainly wasn't a panda. I started running my hands up my body. Nope... I wasn't covered in fur... I ran them up to my head. What's this? Ears? I'm a bunny girl? Am I supposed to be a bunny? Something doesn't seem right here. Nobody else is noticing anything wrong... Maybe I am a bunny.

Okay... Next question. What am I doing here? I looked down at my hands. I noticed a small wand... Why would I need a wand? What was going on here? I was so scared. I noticed someone, who looked friendly, almost as if she was expecting me. I walked over to her to ask her what I was here for, but she just gave me some vague comment about the city, and asked me to kill something. Kill what? Those flowers? How?! She didn't answer me, but continued talking to another person, this one a foxgirl. The foxgirl seemed content with the answers she received and proceeded to walk towards one of the flowers. Without warning, a green light surrounded her, and shot towards the flower, which proceeded to fall over. I was shocked! Could I do that? I walk over to another flower. How does this work? I tried concentrating really hard on the flower dropping at my feet... It didn't work.

So I tried focusing on myself... All around me, I could feel creatures, living things, the power of the ground, the air, the water, even in myself. I felt a warmness growing inside me as that same light gathered around me and shot towards the flower which dropped at my feet, dead. I nearly dropped my wand, as a rush of shock hit me. I had that kind of power?! Who am I? Why would I have this strength? Finding no answers from anyone around... I did as I was told. I kept killing flowers... Oddly, though... I kept feeling weaker and weaker as I did. Until, finally, I couldn't summon the light at all! Now I was really scared! Did I do something wrong? Did I abuse my power? As I sat there and worried, I slowly felt my strength returning. I realized then that it wasn't something I had done wrong, I had just worn myself out. I returned to the lady, this time seeking answers for what had just happened, but again, she gave me nothing, no hint, or clue about my current existence, or if this was even real. I still wasn't sure that I was supposed to be a bunny. No, she didn't even answer my questions about my own nature, she simply told me to go to the city removing more creatures as I went... Instead, I climbed on top of the building she was standing under, curled up, and went to sleep. And that is where I stop for today, Diary. I see some friends calling me... Oh. You don't know about them... All in good time, Diary. All in good time.
Proud owner of a support veno and attack cleric.
Post edited by Lirinala - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's a great fanfic ^^. I really hope that you'll do some more. b:pleased b:thanks
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're a very good writer.
    But I don't like diaries...
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Ragequit - Heavens Tear
    Ragequit - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    WOW.....all that needs to be said really. Just....WOW!

eagerly looking forward to the next entry you post! DO EEEIT!
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sorry... I've been busy, you know... Playing the game... Plus it was kinda hard to write.... It's been a looooooong time since I was level two.

Dear Diary:

When I woke up, it had already turned dark. All the chirps and other various noises of the wildlife filled the air. I shuddered at the thought that some of said wildlife was bigger than me, but I held my weapon reassuringly. I wasn't a defenseless little girl by any means. Speaking of which... I almost forgot that I was to clear some more of those creatures out of the way. It was actually fun, really, seeing a big scary monster go down almost instantly. Plus, if that person was right, and it really was helpful to people, I was doing a good deed. I started humming as I worked my way towards town, defeating the monsters in my way, when I noticed something bizzare. Every so often, I'd feel a rush of power, which would diffuse through me, making me feel stronger, wiser, and safer... I took it as part of normal life, since there were many things I didn't understand, but there was something still nagging at me... There seemed to be an untapped power. I couldn't name it, but it felt like I still had more potential waiting to be unlocked. Since focusing had helped earlier, I decided to try it again, this time on a certain aspect of myself. I wanted to feel safer. I was still scared of my surroundings, and didn't know what to do. So, I focused on the part of me that felt tough and strong, like I could take anything that came after me. Sure enough, I felt tougher. And... Yep. That untapped power was gone. I could feel it coursing through me now. That was good.

I finally made it into town to find the weirdest thing of all. All around me were little cat dolls, standing on their tails. Curious little things. They were all over the place. Cute, but way too many of them. They blocked everything... I walked over to the nearest one and touched it. Suddenly, an image filled my head with various shapes and sounds... After the immediate shock had died down... I realized that the cat itself had shouted something... What was it again? Something about selling... AH! They're shops?! I really didn't have much money on me, so I left the little cat there, and looked around.

People were everywhere. Big Tigers, and Catgirls, as well as... Was that a man with WINGS?! I slowly calmed down, and looked for someone to report to for the monsters I had killed. I didn't know who to look for, but I did find a lovely Catgirl that helped me find out some information. Her name was Elleiryk. It was weird, but for some reason she seemed familiar. Did I know this cat? It seemed she knew me. Or maybe she was just helpful and talkative. I couldn't tell, but she was giving me good advice. She was talking pretty fast, though... I was having a hard time keeping up. Something about being a Venomancer? Is that what I'm called? A Venomancer? Ok. That helps. And I need to talk to the Elder. Okay. She pointed me towards the Elder. As had everyone before him... He seemed kind of out of it... What was going on? Half the people here seemed dead, and the other half seemed way too animated. Oh, well. I'll figure it out later. The Elder told me to talk to certain people in town. Okay. I can do that. No problem. Elleiryk, or Elle, as she liked to be called, showed me the way. As I talked to each of them, they gave me a choice between armor and robes. I did not trust those robes. How were robes supposed to protect me from being attacked? I took the armor. Ahhhh. Heavy, but much better. I could get used to this. Okay. I'd talked to everyone and went back to talk to the elder. No big deal, again, I wonder why he seems so spaced out... This is going to drive me crazy if I keep thinking about it... I went through the town, talking to everyone. It seemed that almost every single person had a task for me to do... What is with people? It's like they can't actually do it themselves! Oh well, I found a wonderful person who explained what that green light was. It's called "Venomous Scarab", and it's my internal magic. She told me that she could teach me more later, but for now, I should just stick with what I know.

The person beside her, however, made me almost squeak with happiness. I can have a pet! She told me to choose the one I wanted, and go kill it. Forget these other people. I want a companion. Should I pick a scorpion... Or a wolf.... Scorpion? YES! I want a scorpion.

And that is where I stop for now. I am exhausted, and staying up all night writing in you will wear me out. Good night, Diary.
  • Emaralda - Sanctuary
    Emaralda - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I love the way you slid the annoyance of the cat shops in there lol. Good Job on the story also.
    b:flower Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]