I'm broke

Effort - Sanctuary
Effort - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
I'm totally broke. Also I died while writing this post.
Post edited by Effort - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol Its a cleric thing
    Own all
    Stay Poor
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If you can afford the spirit, try levelling up Celestial Guardian's Seal some. The extra mana regeneration does help a little in the long term.

Don't buy mana potions, only buy mana charms.
    Do you create mana regeneration items using apothecary?
    If not in a party, try meditating more often.
    Sold your dq and crafting items yet?
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Alt tabbing while grinding makes you die more often. Trufax.

Ask anyone who's ever partied with me, I'm an alt-tab addict. b:surrender Macros help.
  • miollvynir
    miollvynir Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I really enjoy cleric, even though I am broke. lol Of course, I'm fairly new. I like venomancer, too, but I love healing people when they're grinding and about to go down. My favorite thing is to just randomly go around healing people. xD
  • Huli_Man - Heavens Tear
    Huli_Man - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It only gets worse.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Broke already? Wow...you havent even started doing the marathon bosses that require mp charms and waste them by the time its over. Goodluck b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamine - Heavens Tear
    Yamine - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    By lvl 10 i had already collected over 100k just by doing all he quests. Right now i have around 300k as a cleric. Grinding and selling your dq items is often the best thing to do when you need money. It may take a while, but it works.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    By lvl 10 i had already collected over 100k just by doing all he quests. Right now i have around 300k as a cleric. Grinding and selling your dq items is often the best thing to do when you need money. It may take a while, but it works.

Just so you know, a gold MP charm costs between 360-390k depending on how lucky you get. So all that money you have made in over 20+ levels isn't enough to buy 1 gold mp charm, and by 60 you can go through 1 a day. That's 400k on charm alone a day. Unless you get friends who'll help you cover the cost of your charms, cleric is ridiculously expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamine - Heavens Tear
    Yamine - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just so you know, a gold MP charm costs between 360-390k depending on how lucky you get. So all that money you have made in over 20+ levels isn't enough to buy 1 gold mp charm, and by 60 you can go through 1 a day. That's 400k on charm alone a day. Unless you get friends who'll help you cover the cost of your charms, cleric is ridiculously expensive.

True. But thats only if you want that kind of help. I only buy the essentials, my armor is filled with sockets that either give you more def or mag. So the rest of my earnings go to a good load of potions or ingredients to make mana rejuvination items from the apothecary. If i ever go past a 50k spending limit i just go back to farming or helping a squad with their quest. I rarely buy cash shop items because it just makes the game easier. I like a challenge and when a mob attacks me i smile and fight like hell is breaking lose in my screen.lol.
    Back to the point. If your broke, go and farm on weaker monsters and gather their loot to sell. Keep the most expensive stuff though. no point holding some 100g worth item. And if you havethe money you can buy cash shop items then sell them for a good sum in the auctioner and such places.
  • Bauhumet - Lost City
    Bauhumet - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    True, you can go through a gold MP charm a day, BUT I make over 400k grinding a day. Seriously, this game is so easy to make money in, im not sure how people are broke all the time.
  • SilasFaolen - Sanctuary
    SilasFaolen - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Never ran into that issue yup rich cleric here well until I finish off my skills that is. I really need to invest in afew mp charms first though skills can wait I already pawn
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Farm, it makes money and you get good xp without noticing it. I spent two hours just farming today and made close to 300k. Of course as stated before all that money just goes back into the mp charm fund.

It's tough but if you just spend that extra time to farm then you will never have a problem with money. Try to find wood based stuff a couple lvl's lower than you, that way the kills are quick and easy and you still get respectable xp.
  • Column - Lost City
    Column - Lost City Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My best advice is to grind 8x mobs once your 8x and dont use training scrolls, thats the only way i profit unless i charge to heal in HH. good luck and stay broke.
  • Azuriel - Lost City
    Azuriel - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This may sound a bit oxymoronic for a cleric, but parties are the number one killer of cash. I'm almost exclusively solo grinding until 70, and I easily earn back about 3-4x what I spend on mana charms. I can even use XP scrolls constantly and still earn a profit, although that's not recommended. :P
    If you are patient enough to spend the time grinding, and know how to maximize efficiency, you will never have money problems.
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just don't buy mana charms. Problem solved.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Personally, I save money by taking the time to go herbing an make focus powder, which helps prevent buying lots of potions. Also I go grinding in areas that have a lot of drops and I would sell them; vipons for example tend to drop a lot of items. I have only bought 1 gold charm so far, and have yet to use it. I still rely heavily on my powders, such as focus and jade.

If you don't want to go that route, I would meditate more often, especially when I'm grinding; not to mention upgrading celestial guardian's seal would help out some, but sadly not a whole lot.

Unfortunately, clerics are the most costly class, so one is gonna end up spending a lot of money on charms or herbs or whatever. So, I've just been practicing being thrifty, especially in teleportation; which does tend to be a huge drain on coins after awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually, a cleric is very cost efficient. I don't use mp charms unless I'm in a dungeon and have to use bb. Other than that, I meditate for ~60 seconds and my hp/mp bar is filled. If I get 2 sparks, I use them. I don't use my ult. 2 sparks = 1k~ mp instantly and a free 3 hit kill.