Mana stops depleting during flying

Lajora - Heavens Tear
Lajora - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
I don't know if this happens on the other servers, but on Heavens Tear, my Mana doesn't go down when I fly. My computer handles PWI well, but after I got to maybe level 14, it stopped, then I made another character and it's happening to that one as well.

Anyone else having this problem? It's cool to be able to fly across miles of land without Mana going down, but isn't it supposed to?
The beautiful monsters around PWI are always the most vicious. *nose twitch* Barren Spectors. b:laugh
Post edited by Lajora - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1 - If you are a cleric you'll have enough MP Regen to begin with that your mana will regen faster than being used up during flight (effectively cancelling mana usage). So, your mana will not drain in flight starting lvl 1.

2 - If you are an archer, you probably have MP Regen in equips (or have high int) that results in the same situation as above. Also, when buffed by a cleric with Mana Regen, mana will not drain during flight for the duration of the buff.

These are the two things I can think of. If both above cases are not applicable, then I'm not quite sure.

I hope this helps solve your mystery..

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The Winged Elf default wings drain 2 mana per second. Clerics begin with enough mana regeneration to overcome this value, and most +mana regen items such as cloaks or enough +magic will overcome the mana drain. Note that it still costs you, and will slow down how fast you regain mana, but will not drop you out of the sky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hildeborg - Heavens Tear
    Hildeborg - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Plus, if you go in fight mode, you'll see the Mana drain again, as your Mana regen drops to 25%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lajora - Heavens Tear
    Lajora - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The Mana has no qualms draining while fighting.

I know I have a cloak on, and my magic isn't overly high. How high does it have to be for it to..."stall" depletion?

I'm going to watch it though and get back to you. Thanks!
    The beautiful monsters around PWI are always the most vicious. *nose twitch* Barren Spectors. b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.