TT question

Bobimaster - Heavens Tear
Bobimaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
why can"t i just do my TT alone b:question? Why does that bosses become so strong when the moobs are weaker than a normal one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
never give up! If you can look in the future never look back!
Post edited by Bobimaster - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    TT isn't meant to be soloable. The so-called solo mode simply has easier mobs and bosses, accompanied by a much smaller drop rate as well. The thing about bosses in TT is that they all have innate 75% damage reduction to all attacks, physical and magical alike. However for some reason, venomancer pets aren't affected by the said damage reduction, which is one of the reasons that makes them able to solo it (providing they have a lvl60 hercules able to tank chientien, or are running 1-1 at level 80 with a normal pet for some quick cash). Then of course, they have amplify damage for an extra 20% attack. The said bug is also what makes pets steal aggro on the bosses during normal runs. In a nutshell, even if you could tank a boss by yourself, the time it would take you to kill it and the sheer amount of pots/charms you would eat up wouln't make it worthwhile in the slightest.

So yeah, unless you're a veno, forget about soloing TT. Ever =]
    b:dirty
  • Bobimaster - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    k thanks. but it is unfair b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    k thanks. but it is unfair b:cry

Yes & no. Mage/Arcane Venomancers can solo level appropriate solo-mode TT (without needing a Herc). However, Mage/Arcane Veno's are the only ppl who will never be invited to attend a zhen party. (i specified mage/arcane specifically because fox-heavy builds dont have the same ability to heal their pets and need to wait longer to solo TT, but they also are more capable of being a lure in zhen).

My point is, every job has its advantages & disadvantages. Mage/arcane Venos trade away zhen-ability for greater solo-ability.
    edited February 2009
    and why is a bm for? it seems to be the only class that sucks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    How so? A bm is a very versatile class. It's both a tank and a dd at the same time. Granted, you'll need good gear and build it right, but the options are there. I've done A LOT of FB runs (and a few tt runs) with a BM as the only resident tank. Granted, they need a bit more pampering from a cleric than a good barb does, but I'd rather have a good bm with me than an idiotic barb (and there's a whole lotta those on Sanctuary from my experience, even at 60+). They're great at holding aggro even with normal attacks, have aoe and ranged attacks to easily keep any adds in check, can tank the majority of bosses (barring say, krimson, king kong and the drum dude in tt, or the last two bosses in fb69 :p), can be used as pullers in zhen parties, if you have a barb they can be used as a secondary tank to keep ads in check instead of a veno etc etc. I really don't see anything wrong with the BM class. Wizzies on the other hand... =]
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    TT isn't meant to be soloable. The so-called solo mode simply has easier mobs and bosses, accompanied by a much smaller drop rate as well. The thing about bosses in TT is that they all have innate 75% damage reduction to all attacks, physical and magical alike. However for some reason, venomancer pets aren't affected by the said damage reduction, which is one of the reasons that makes them able to solo it (providing they have a lvl60 hercules able to tank chientien, or are running 1-1 at level 80 with a normal pet for some quick cash). Then of course, they have amplify damage for an extra 20% attack. The said bug is also what makes pets steal aggro on the bosses during normal runs. In a nutshell, even if you could tank a boss by yourself, the time it would take you to kill it and the sheer amount of pots/charms you would eat up wouln't make it worthwhile in the slightest.

So yeah, unless you're a veno, forget about soloing TT. Ever =]

Are you serious? Running 1-1 at lv80 for quick cash? lv63+ Veno's can solo 1-1 with a Golem. Lv80's can solo 1-3 with a Golem. Where'd you get that lv80+ people farm 1-1 for cash, seriously.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Gah my bad, lapsus calami =] Meant squad mode.
    edited February 2009
    lol b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]