Leveling pet issue

Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Venomancer
Okay so I got a swyfly at lvl 8.. now Im lvl 23 and using a golem and my swyfly is just lvl 9.. idk how that happened really, but everytime i tried to use it in battle it died so quickly that I stopped using it. so I tried to kill mobs of same lvl range as my swyfly but the exp was only 1 /kill. How do I lvl it up to my lvl..? It dies so quickly or get very little exp. :S
*Semi retired*
Post edited by Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Adultery - Heavens Tear
    Adultery - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There's an early room in the Cube of Fate - Room 4 - with enemies that are levelled as [?] and will ALWAYS appear orange to you. This room is a non-PK room, and even better, all the enemies here are one hit kills.

It might take a few mirage stones to get a dice into room 4, but it's certainly worth it if you're desperately trying to level a pet. (Especially good for those folks who just got themselves a Herc or Phoenix - a few hours in that room and your legendary pets level will match yours. :D)

edit: Sorry, I'm such a dummy. You can't enter the cube at your level. I've never levelled low-level pets any other way before, so I can't help you, sorry. :(
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    at what lvl can i enter there?
    *Semi retired*
  • Shikome - Heavens Tear
    Shikome - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    at what lvl can i enter there?

You can start going there at level 40.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Okay so I got a swyfly at lvl 8.. now Im lvl 23 and using a golem and my swyfly is just lvl 9.. idk how that happened really, but everytime i tried to use it in battle it died so quickly that I stopped using it. so I tried to kill mobs of same lvl range as my swyfly but the exp was only 1 /kill. How do I lvl it up to my lvl..? It dies so quickly or get very little exp. :S

To level up your pet most effectively, make sure to do all the following:

1. Solo! Don't squad with anyone.
    2. Kill monsters that are at the pet's level or higher.
    3. Keep the pet's loyalty above 500, so that it receives 150% of normal experience.

Your pet should receive 15 experience per kill under these conditions. If your pet is far lower level than you, it might be best simply to keep the pet in manual mode and kill the monsters without its help so it doesn't die. It only needs to be present to get experience, not participate in combat. I leveled my Hercules from 1 to 74 without problems--though it took a while!--following these rules.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
    edited February 2009
    okay, ty. :)
    *Semi retired*
  • Adultery - Heavens Tear
    Adultery - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Also to add to my dummy-factor - Phoenix/any air pet can't be summoned in instances such as the Cube. Jeez, my brain is dead tonight.

Still works for the Herc/all land pets, though. b:surrender

For yourself Ladyd, Renara's suggestion is the best. Keep your pet out the fights and mash up the enemies yourself as it's bodyguard until it can hold it's own.
    edited February 2009
    I tried it out and it worked perfectly. thx! was afraid that I would have to get a higher lvl air pet later...
    *Semi retired*
  • yummycrystal
    yummycrystal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    To level up your pet most effectively, make sure to do all the following:

1. Solo! Don't squad with anyone.
    2. Kill monsters that are at the pet's level or higher.
    3. Keep the pet's loyalty above 500, so that it receives 150% of normal experience.

Your pet should receive 15 experience per kill under these conditions. If your pet is far lower level than you, it might be best simply to keep the pet in manual mode and kill the monsters without its help so it doesn't die. It only needs to be present to get experience, not participate in combat. I leveled my Hercules from 1 to 74 without problems--though it took a while!--following these rules.

My pet will not lvl at all and I gave him all what he needed but he stays on 5, and this never happened. I don't know what the problem is. everyone says get a new pet.. I did... failed.. cuz none of them lvled.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Nice necro, the OP is now level 90!

To level up a pet:

Make sure its loyalty is high (feed it)

Kill monsters no less than ten levels below your pets level (ideally above your pets level)

Watch the pets experience bar go up.

Remember that your pet will not under any circumstances become higher level than you.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    9 1/2 months isn't a nice necro - it's a great one :D

I'm still dumb enough to be a believer in leveling low level pets on low level mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • yummycrystal
    edited November 2009
    Nice necro, the OP is now level 90!

To level up a pet:

Make sure its loyalty is high (feed it)

Kill monsters no less than ten levels below your pets level (ideally above your pets level)

Watch the pets experience bar go up.

Remember that your pet will not under any circumstances become higher level than you.

Thank you I will try and come back with results
  • yummycrystal
    edited November 2009
    Thank you I will try and come back with results

Miss Genius :P It worked ty so much b:kiss
  • Ravem - Lost City
    Ravem - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    it's Room 3 in the Cube of fate and you can't take flying pets in there only ground

There's an early room in the Cube of Fate - Room 4 - with enemies that are levelled as [?] and will ALWAYS appear orange to you. This room is a non-PK room, and even better, all the enemies here are one hit kills.

It might take a few mirage stones to get a dice into room 4, but it's certainly worth it if you're desperately trying to level a pet. (Especially good for those folks who just got themselves a Herc or Phoenix - a few hours in that room and your legendary pets level will match yours. :D)

edit: Sorry, I'm such a dummy. You can't enter the cube at your level. I've never levelled low-level pets any other way before, so I can't help you, sorry. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    it's Room 3 in the Cube of fate and you can't take flying pets in there only ground

Make that room 4. Flying pets can be leveled on staunch worms over White Sands Beach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • kisgyengusz
    kisgyengusz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I just found a quite good place to lvl air/ground pets until lvl ~40. Its in scorpion valley theres a group of scorpions around a scorpion king mob. They are lvl 30 so after lvl 70 one hit with noxious gas and most of the time they are in range becouse all mob follows the scorpion king. Plus sometimes purified oil drop b:victory
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Why was this thread resurrected 3 times?