Blademaster magic/weapon help

unoxx
unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Blademaster
Hi all, I've searched the fora for answers, but couldn't find any, please forgive me if I didn't search hard enough.

So I'm al lvl 38 polearm blademaster and these are my stats:
str: 96
vit: 38
dex: 47
mag: 24

As you can see i haven't got quite enough vit and str and some magic points. I allocated these early in the game when i had no knowledge whatsoever about how to build my BM. In guides I read "you will regret any point you put into magic"... My question is this: how bad is it? Does it really matter I have some magic points? Can I use them to my advantage?
I have heard about restatting, what is this exactly and how do I do it?

Also I have another question, how much advantage do blue star weapons give over normal ones. I know they have certain improved stats such str+2 of patt+20. But are they really worth the extra effort and money, since I'm not a blacksmith they're quite costly.

Thank you in advance for any answers or thoughts given on my issues, really appreciated!

unoxx
Post edited by unoxx on

Comments

• Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    MAG increases m.attack and max MP. BM skills use hardly use any MP so having extra is really pointless and BMs have no m.attack skills whatsoever so having the extra m.attack is, again, pointless.

Restatting requires you to buy a restat scroll from the CS.

Depends on how many stars it has. One star is going to be basic stats in attack (on weapons) or defense (on armor). One star armor sometimes comes with higher element resistances on a couple elements at the cost of none on others. Any advantages on one star equips would come from any extras or sockets. Two star equips generally have better-than-base stats and have a higher chance of having more additional stats and sockets. I have no experience with three star equips so I can't tell you anything about those.

On a side note, I'm surprised you didn't take ALL of the productions skills at level 5. If the quest from the elder isn't available anymore (I assume it isn't at this point) then you'll have to go to the book merchant and shell out a hefty sum (150k if I'm not mistaken) to get the skill.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    BM skills use hardly use any MP

Lol? With 1600 MP, I get about.. 5 AoE's in, with a stun, and it's depleted. I mean sure, I use MP Charms, but I burn about 80-120k per hour. How is that "using hardly any MP"? b:thanks
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    unoxx wrote: »
    Hi all, I've searched the fora for answers, but couldn't find any, please forgive me if I didn't search hard enough.

As you can see i haven't got quite enough vit and str and some magic points. I allocated these early in the game when i had no knowledge whatsoever about how to build my BM. In guides I read "you will regret any point you put into magic"... My question is this: how bad is it? Does it really matter I have some magic points? Can I use them to my advantage?

Also I have another question, how much advantage do blue star weapons give over normal ones. I know they have certain improved stats such str+2 of patt+20. But are they really worth the extra effort and money, since I'm not a blacksmith they're quite costly.

Thank you in advance for any answers or thoughts given on my issues, really appreciated!

unoxx
    A lot of other players might say "don't add magic" it's your character, do as you wish.

I have 75 points added to magic on my level 80 blademaster, 1 gold MP charm lasts about 3 months for me (I solo AoE grind for 2 hrs everyday and die a lot in TWs and PVP). I'll reset magic to 3 and distribute it to Vit and Dex when I stop grinding @ level 90
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i see it as an issue for you when you put so much points into mag that you cannot equip the latest heavy or weapon from the weapon path you have chosen. Being a Melee toon, you really benifit from the latest gear since you will be taking a beating and if you wanna solo with effectiveness you will be better served with the best gear, and not so much magic, you cna always pot for your mana and usually i get enough mana pots from drops to keep myself going for hours without running dry.

but, it is a personal prefrence, so, good luck.

and the reset scrolls are nice, buy one when you get gold if you really wanna restat. but, i would think with 24 in magic, you could prolly recover at higher levels, it will just come at a cost of your vit.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i see it as an issue for you when you put so much points into mag that you cannot equip the latest heavy or weapon from the weapon path you have chosen.

This should not be an issue with only 19 points added to MAG. That is well within the discretion points of a level 38 BM. The advice to avoid MAG is driven by the fact that BM class gets a lot more bang for the buck from STR and DEX. Relative to other classes, we have less need for MP and we get less of it (and less of the other benefits of MAG points) per point invested. So, as a matter of efficient investing, you are giving up areas where your points would have gone farther and probably had more of an effect on your game play. That being said, there is no one-size-fits-all absolute best choice for everyone. If you become convinced that you absolutely would be better off getting closer to what everyone else is doing, you can buy a reset. Until then, enjoy the fact that you are not burning through MP charms/pots as fast and may be getting a little less damage from magical attacks.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    unoxx wrote: »

unoxx

I have the same mag as you, and so far I do not regret anything since I did it on purpose.

the main issue is how you play. Since, I use self repeatable macros I need to have enough MP so I can kill minimum 1 or two mobs at my level without having to go to meditation.

In another hand, when you run out of MP, you use normal attack and use the skills that allows you to recover life points right away using sparks. This is also self rechargeable. As you recover chi while doing normal attack.

So, it all depens in how you play.
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Theres no right way or wrong way to build your toon thats what I likeb:victor about games(especifically referring to MMO's) the freedom that you get^_^ b:victory
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey tnx for all your reactions!
    by now Im lvl 42 and have had to grind for hours. I do use a lot of special attacks, using a lot of mana. So in that way I do benefit from the xtra MAG. And im able to wear the latest gear. Usually I can kill about 4-7 mobs of my own lvl before I have to meditate.

After what all of guys have said and my ow further experience, Im more confident that I have a good BM build! I really enjoy playing her.

Tnx again!

xx
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    severan wrote: »
    A lot of other players might say "don't add magic" it's your character, do as you wish.

I have 75 points added to magic on my level 80 blademaster, 1 gold MP charm lasts about 3 months for me (I solo AoE grind for 2 hrs everyday and die a lot in TWs and PVP). I'll reset magic to 3 and distribute it to Vit and Dex when I stop grinding @ level 90

It's hard to believe you have 75 points on MAG and you made it all the way there.

Anyway, what is the price of a reset scroll?
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    300k for basics (can either reset 5 of all stats, or 10 of one stat), 500k for intermdiate ones (can reset 25 of all stats, or 50 of one stat).
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    300k for basics (can either reset 5 of all stats, or 10 of one stat), 500k for intermdiate ones (can reset 25 of all stats, or 50 of one stat).

OMG. If I decide to fix mine, I'll have to pay 500K in coins. But actually that should not be that dificult since I heard some players grind 100K per hour at upper levels..

I'm level 40 right now. So, when can I expect to grind 100k per hour?
  • Sonicrage - Lost City
    Sonicrage - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    actually, you don't have to be a real high level to grind for 100k per hour. What I mean is that I can take my (now level 3) cleric, and fly around farming for mats and herbs for about an hour. Then I sell them in my kitty shop at the end of the night, and by morning, I net 100k +/-. Sure, it may have taken me more then an hour to get the 100k I was seeking but it only took me about an hour of work.

The most I've made doing this was 450k from farming for about 5 hours and selling over night. It just gets boring but if you are really money hungry, you'll work long hours to make that money. Anyways, its just an option.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    actually, you don't have to be a real high level to grind for 100k per hour. What I mean is that I can take my (now level 3) cleric, and fly around farming for mats and herbs for about an hour. Then I sell them in my kitty shop at the end of the night, and by morning, I net 100k +/-. Sure, it may have taken me more then an hour to get the 100k I was seeking but it only took me about an hour of work.

The most I've made doing this was 450k from farming for about 5 hours and selling over night. It just gets boring but if you are really money hungry, you'll work long hours to make that money. Anyways, its just an option.

I'll think about this option and power bill, LOL

Anyway, I'll explore the overnight catshop for sure.