TT Share. Fairness?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You have to keep in mind the average party levels though. I can imagine that running 1-2 at lvl80 isn't a big deal. Even more so if you have tt80 sets, more than likely with a rather nice refine rate. Good for you if you can outpot the damage, seriously. But, and this is a huge but, running it in your 60s with **** gear is a different story. And I'm not just talking out of my head, I'm going by personal experience here. As Maiya said, the aoe can hit for over 2k, especially on robes. And at a level where that's 80% of your hp that REALLY hurts, which is what makes bubble a necessity. I recon a leveled soon the light would work too, but in all honesty, I haven't met a cleric my lvl range who leveled it.

And Cosmos, I wasn't being hostile, sorry if I came across that way. If anything, I got ticked off by feren who obviously doesn't have a clue what he's talking about yet somehow feels the need to teach other people their place (not the first thread where he made 5 posts in a row, then later on contradicted himself on every single one >.>). Although I'll admit I did get the impression you were trying to mock me there. Keeping bubble up by potting simply doesn't work. If your mates can take him out in the 2 minutes or so you can keep going on pots alone, then I tip my hat to you guys. It's just that it usually takes us a wee bit more than that :) And I only brought up zhenning as means to back up my point regarding the whole bubble-charm thing.

Which reminds me lol, the loot =] As most people before me said, usually it's a few of us helping eachother get the mats we need, so no bickering there. Do a few runs, get the mats and everyone walks off happy. If I go pug to help someone out, at the end of the day I'm fine with anything really as long as I get enough to cover the charm cost.
    b:dirty
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    a list of accomplistments
    not only does it take precussion 5 hits to down me sans cleric when he is under 50% my cleric *who was using a charm* tanked drum long enough to res me when i died and tossed me a heal. we all died that time. when precussion get to be at ruffly 20-30% his aoe kill my cleric. we can't do it.

Thank you for proving my point. b:bye
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    all you need on bosses to defeat them is 1 tank *any class* and one healer. thats it.
    yes having a squad of dders makes it go faster but all you need is one person to live and do damage.

smallest crew for TT i have used TT 1-1 aquad
    1 lvl 60 cleric *glass build all mag and dex just enough str for armor weps 5 vit*
    1 lvl 57-9 barb tank *tank build*
    1 lvl 55 veno.
    1 lvl 45 veno to fill neccicary slot to engage squad mode.

the point of the crew was to get the cleric his edges. WE DID NOT try precussion or drum what ever you wanna call him. we did kill every thing in sight except him for mats and money.

btw i have stated facts in these last to posts. my tanking is dependant on my clerics heals. i keep him alive while i am alive. we are all firends and work together regularly.

on an fb note we run fb 19-59 unwined cuz unwined is more fun *that is me a veno and my buddy cleric* we run with the smallest party possible and we like it like that.

i don't use charms. i don't care what is cheaper. i have 7k hp in tiger with hp buff i kill slow and will burn through a bronze charm in 2 hours of grinding or else i use an ungodly amount of apo and reg pots to keep my hp above half.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What's any of that do to with anything? You told me I should learn to build and play my class right, which is when I felt called out and wanted to set the record straight. Which I believe I did. As for you, first you told me you tank percussion with 2 clerics using ironheart to keep you alive. To which I said no they cant ironheart they'll die. Then you tell me both you and your cleric died because he cant survive the aoe (no duh, 5 vit and dex build? gg right there). Now you say you never even tried. So which one is it? I was right, I was right, or I was right?
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ninnuam you are right.
    i am wrong. every one is right. i am always wrong. i am actually very tired of dealing with my children off line and then going online to try and play a game and finding more children.
    normally i would defend my self but i don't care dealing with you and countless others like yourself has taught me a few things about my self and mmo anything. this was my first last an only mmo.

you have a victory. a conssession. you were the final brown beating it took to turn me off to this game. now feel free to talk all the smack you like i have used my power of choice to be rid of this game.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if your running with your guildies or friends then there wont be a discussion about mat sharing cause each will take what he needs and you keep running untill everyone gets what they wants, in one day allocated for massing TTing, or in bits and parts untill all are good.

now when it comes to random parties, its Always wise to keep one person as bank, and especially not some weasle, common sense apply.
    having a bank removes the end game problem of having to deal with someone lie about what mat he/she got on random pickup and their willingness to give it up.

and it really helps to set the formula straight before doing the run, ie which mat is worth howmuch, so that at the end some joker doesnt give you the shaft after claming the chin's armour shard you got are worth a couple millions

the best formula to divide mats up is as per mat costs with the priority of given as : barb(tank)>cleric(BB)>cleric(healer)>veno>DDs(archer,wiz,BM)>barb/BM(cancel).
    since without the barb to tank it out, the priests could burn all the charm in the world and not get a single mat drops and same goes for if the priests dint heal, then the DDs could die as much as they want and get only a free trip back to the Town of arrivals as a reward. other guy can might as well go cancel jewelscalen's AOE since party is wiped out.

and for that oppinion,that the tank and cleric should get mats to compensate the charm they burned/armour repaid costs AND getting another share as contribution to the run is just stupid.
    without having a veno to pull the mobs(and boss in some cases) TTs would be painfully long and all the more charm consuming.
    and if DDs were just excess baggage who come along to loot free mats, then you could go with a barb,healer and veno, spend a few hours in TT and come back with a massive amount of charm wasted and life wasted. so DDs arent doing you(other classes) a favour by making the runs faster so please dont be biased against them, and they too need a equal share of the mats.

ofcourse a DD(archer,BM...and melee weapon wizzard lol) who sets it on auto attack and goes afk for a few needs to be scrutinised while dividing the share as well as the secondary healer who thinks the BBhealer does the job well and goes out to take a smoke.

gold mat drops are nearly always ninja`d on a random party.
    if the one who picked it up got a shred of honour, its sold and the coins are split with the current party members, but this happens very Very rarely on a random party run.