Game Masters

camaro
camaro Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
b:angryIs there somthin u can do that would even out the game play in heavens tear. There is a whole faction and 1 from another that logs on kills 12 spawns then logs off. So they can sell there's on alts no level 20 has 1.5 mil coin to buy level 20 pet. Past 3 days efox has logged on killed shaduo cub then logs off right after........b:angry
Post edited by camaro on

Comments

• WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lol.. someone probably will say "Join the Lost City Server, we dont have those kind of issues there" Ahahaha..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • camaro
    edited February 2009
    Lol.. someone probably will say "Join the Lost City Server, we dont have those kind of issues there" Ahahaha..
    Good 2 know theres not greedy selfish people in all servers
    But i have been playing with these guys 4 years in my faction and i dont wanna grind again so other server wont happen
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yes they can put the pets in the CS, but apparently everyone loves it so much that the pets are killed that they would rather not have it.
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Should they put rare drops in CS, too?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Should they put rare drops in CS, too?
    Rare drops are obtainable by anyone, and can't really be stolen (unless the other person lets the 30 second timer run out, but who would do that with, say, a mold?). That's the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    They should give em the tag "Immune to Death". If they were immune to damage, noone could lower their HP to make taming them possible. But if they just couldnt die even if at 0 HP, it would make it so noone could just come and kill em, while leaving the competition for them intact.
    edited February 2009
    eh? whats the fun in that then.. no competition?

The devs probably knew this would happen and is not going to stop this. Rare pets dying will never probably change, but the only way to fight against this is to kill whoever is killing the mob, which can only be done in Lost City Server since its a PvP server lol..b:chuckle

Rise up against the challenge and overwhelm and overcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    actually the people thta kill rare pets are doing a good thing, if they were un- killable then they would be easier to get thus having more in the server thus making the price go down, you guys should thank those people :x
    Back.
    edited February 2009
    Always good thinking Nayiro ahaha.. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Because high prices are a universal good, right? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Because high prices are a universal good, right? :P

if people are buying and yer selling, then yes, its a very good thing!
    Back.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Ah, but I said "universal" good. A drastically inflated price is only good for one party. ;) This is why markets (virtual or no) aim to have a price which benefits everyone. And in this case, it's kind of the devs' and the GMs' job to create and maintain that market. With the 12h rares, I think they made a bad decision. That's all. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • camaro
    edited February 2009
    So then its k for only 3 people in server to get and sell
    And when theres aint selling its k to kill as long as only 3 people are making money when there level 80-100 with -30% channelling so they always win why dont they go TT if they need cash problem with the game is every thing is over priced thats why there is no good cash flow you would have to cash shop all the time to ever get any where
    1.5 weapon
    1.5 pet
    1.5 ring
    1.5 ring
    800,000 wrist
    600,000 belt
    those are prices you see for level 20-40 gear
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    also, it doesnt take a lvl 80 veno to catch a rare pet :x
    Back.
  • camaro
    edited February 2009
    also, it doesnt take a lvl 80 veno to catch a rare pet :x

Yes i know that depends on hp but the higher the level u are the better the gear u got i only have -6% channelling
    they have -30% who has the better chance if casted at same time its a no brainer back when it wasnt being killed i always cast first but lose cause they cast faster
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    im just saying that there will always be **** holes out there D:
    Back.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Stop whining, suck it up, deal with it.

They wouldn't be called rare pets if everyone and their granny could get one easily.

The dodo bear is particularly perplexing. Why the hell is everyone making such a big deal out of not being able to get one easily? It's cute, sure.. but it's not exactly a deadly pet. It has average stats all around, above average HP. It's not a particularly outstanding pet.

People only want it because it's hard to get. Pretty much every single veno trying to tame it is only doing so because they can sell it for a good price.

As for all you carebears whining about the pet being killed... get off your high horses. I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't be complaining if you had -30% chan gear.

You whiners are just as selfish as everyone else here. The only difference is that you're also too incompetent to deal with it.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    Stop whining, suck it up, deal with it.

They wouldn't be called rare pets if everyone and their granny could get one easily.

The dodo bear is particularly perplexing. Why the hell is everyone making such a big deal out of not being able to get one easily? It's cute, sure.. but it's not exactly a deadly pet. It has average stats all around, above average HP. It's not a particularly outstanding pet.

People only want it because it's hard to get. Pretty much every single veno trying to tame it is only doing so because they can sell it for a good price.

As for all you carebears whining about the pet being killed... get off your high horses. I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't be complaining if you had -30% chan gear.

You whiners are just as selfish as everyone else here. The only difference is that you're also too incompetent to deal with it.

+1

(ineedtotypethisbecause+1istooshortlol)
    Back.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There should be some kind of a balance between outright manipulation of the game by a select few players and everyone getting everything.

For the same reason TW fake bidding(which is not hacking or cheating in any way shape or form) was banned there should be some kind of measures against small elite groups of players hogging some game content for themselves for the sole purpose of making money.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »

the farmers own a whole bakery and rather throw away the old cake than giving others a piece of it...

uh.... reminds me of dagobert duck

btw, what I hear from other venos the shaodu cub is one of the best allround pets and the pig the best air tank, so people don't only want them because they're rare. I'd be happy to have a less annyoing air pet than the sawfly and a tougher one than the foxwing :/
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    There should be some kind of a balance between outright manipulation of the game by a select few players and everyone getting everything.

For the same reason TW fake bidding(which is not hacking or cheating in any way shape or form) was banned there should be some kind of measures against small elite groups of players hogging some game content for themselves for the sole purpose of making money.
    This.

@fuzzles: So are you saying it's impossible to care about fairness to low-level players if you're high-level and have better gear with which to tame the rare pets? If I played this game more seriously, I'd see that as a challenge, sir. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    me and fuzzels don't often see eye to eye. but i am with him. RARE pets are RARE for a reason. All that rare pets are is a veno problem. It is all status. Any pet can with enough time and effort become good enough to get you through what you need to get through. So don't freaking whine about it. You venos are all like a bunch of jewish ladies crying that you are gonna starve cuz your fridge is stocked with hams. you can tame beasts you can solo the game or 90% of it and you can grind for absolutely free. WTH are you crying about? Q.Q i want a cute piggy that flys and some high lvl won't let me get it for free Q.Q.
    all of you S T F U.
    that's all bye :)
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    All that rare pets are is a veno problem.

then why do you care? b:cute
    Q.Q i want a cute piggy that flys and some high lvl won't let me get it for free Q.Q.

there's a difference between

free pet eggs b:laugh

pets for reasonable prices b:pleased

and overpriced pets b:cry

and I don't find the piggy cute :/
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm still skeptical that any systematic manipulation, if it's even going on, is working. I saw a cat shop with some rare pet eggs, and an all-class baby bear for 4.5 million. Apparently there are so few buyers for the shadou cubs priced at 1.6-1.8 million, that the farmers are combining two cubs and two armored bears (usually go for ~1 million each) to make an all-class baby bear. Then they're trying to sell that for at least half a million less than their asking price for the separate rare pet eggs (2x1.6 million + 2x1 million = 5.2 million).

And channeling gear and level are not the whole story. I caught a cub at 27 and a pig at 36. I have no channeling gear, and forgot to use the channeling powder for the pig.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You venos are all like a bunch of jewish ladies crying that you are gonna starve cuz your fridge is stocked with hams.

I laughed at that. I think I'm going to hell.

Reminds me of watching a Jewish family order a prosciutto pizza... they didn't find out what prosciutto was until after they ordered it. They were really enjoying it.. so much so that they asked one of the staff what prosciutto was so that they could make it at home. The expressions on their faces when they found out it was pig meat was one of the funniest/saddest/most bizarre things I've seen.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yeah it's not my problem i am just tired of hearing about it in game. so i posted here so i only had to say it once.

second every veno i meet say "i don't thik this pet is that cute or that is better than mine" so then why catch them? for profit. with that established you are just mad cuz some one beat you to the coin. that is your problem. venos are the #1 ksing group in the game. you do it to every one that you can especially when you are starting out in the game and your only compatition is barbs. and now you are crying cuz you target is being stolen. 2 words POETIC JUSTICE.

and btw when i get bored of grinding i will be killing your rare pets too. and laughing as i do it cuz i am on a pve server and just like i could do nothing about your ksing me for 20 lvls you can do nothing about me killing the pet :P
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    camaro wrote: »
    Good 2 know theres not greedy selfish people in all servers
    But i have been playing with these guys 4 years in my faction and i dont wanna grind again so other server wont happen

yea we still have people that try and kill the rare pets, we just kill those idiots till they give up :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What you need to do on lost city, is kill the venos that always get the pets, or the players that kill them. Kill them over and over and over until they run out of dolls and start to drop all their fancy channeling gear.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ^I've done that before xD the veno didnt have any dolls!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Evilixx - Heavens Tear
    Evilixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Missing out because someone else caught the rare pet is one thing people should be able to handle that. But to come on and just kill the rare pets before anyone can try to catch is just wrong. Are in game coins that important? I personally dont think so. I already have over 1 mil at level 39. Im sure alot of people have more but big deal. My guess is those that want millions and millions of coins are just making up for thier lack of having a life in RL therefor have to try to be a bigshot in game...