Feral Regeneration?

chiikk0
chiikk0 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Barbarian
I would like to get an opinion on this skill.. Is it worth lvling/maxing?

i would like to hear the pros and cons on this please cus im still deciding wether to invest on this , ive heard a few ideas but i will like a further opinions and experiences before i decide what to do with this skill
Post edited by chiikk0 on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes yes yes.

Max that sucka. Definitely.

Makes a huge difference.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    do it! it is good because it gives more hp regeneration so you can recover faster between kills in meditation or so. i prefer meditating instead of pots because feral regeneration makes it faster(no mp recovery increase though). there is no con because it has nothing bad except if you're spending too much on leveling the skill...maz it as early as possible! b:bye
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • kampf
    kampf Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You might be a bad tank if...
    -You aren't familiar with the term "Aggro".
    -You spend a few of your stat points to increase your Mana.
    -You opt out of a higher Health regeneration rate.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I always lvl it, simply because I prefer saving coins on post by meditation. Right now my regenaration skill adds 18, so 36 in meditation. I can't imagen the extra time it would take to regenerate over 4000 hp without this skil.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    honestly i lvled my to 8 the few extra/ sec it gives weren't worth (at the time) skiping on getting my main 4 tiger skill flesh ream , alclarity, devour, roar.

yes i use roar i love roar and i stand by it. no other skill will instantly break 2+ mobs off of you cleric and keep agro long enough for him to heal himself then you and then make a run for it his self. and that is what we do we kepp our clerics breathing.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Dusk - Lost City
    Dusk - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol as everyone says, get this skill, it's invaluable
    ☺☻
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    honestly i lvled my to 8 the few extra/ sec it gives weren't worth skiping on getting my main 4 tiger skill flesh ream , alclarity, devour, roar.

Ooh.. you have a dissenting opinion. You have a difficult choice now, chiikk0.

You can either believe the lone level 59 barbarian who disagrees...

Or you can believe every single other person.

It's a tough one!
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Its not worth having if you're trying to gain some advantage in combat (though with mine maxed it gives me +5/sec whilst in combat which is cool).

Meditating is where feral regen makes life unbelievable easy by regening an added +40/sec.

Miss out on this skill only if you are assured a constant supply of heiros/pots and dont ever plan on meditating.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    exactly in combat no differents what lvl it is. but i stoped at 8 i will lvl in the future since my hp with lvl 3 tiger has gone up so much. but at the time 8 was good enough for me meditation is about pacients not performance and my hp bar fill up from mostly empty to full in meditation quick enough for my taste. again to me personally lvl 8 was good enough i was just saying that the op should way the sp advantage of leaving it gimped for a little while to lvl the important tanks skills first. since you can't just "sit down and meditate" during a boss fight or a hard mob fight. and lvling beast king with that sp or lvling titan would be of more use to focus on than hp regen. if you have more hp you last longer in the fight if you have more damage you kill faster.

feral regen isn't a black and white lvl 1 or lvl 10 only option you know?
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • finalending
    finalending Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    a few lvls into it while its cheap is okay. maxxing? not worth it unless you got tons of spare spirit/money. go get sunder instead, it heals during battle.
  • DeOso - Lost City
    DeOso - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    a few lvls into it while its cheap is okay. maxxing? not worth it unless you got tons of spare spirit/money. go get sunder instead, it heals during battle.

Quoted for truth.

If you really want to save money by meditating, just make some life powders. The +40 is nice but isn't completely necessary.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Yep sunder is the next skill I'm aiming to max. Problem is my feral regeneration was maxed almost 10 levels before I could even get sunder.
    Quoted for truth.

If you really want to save money by meditating, just make some life powders. The +40 is nice but isn't completely necessary.

And how exactly is using life powder saving money? You get +50 hp/sec for 10mins at cost? I need that for 10secs every 10mins and I get it for free. b:chuckle
    I use life powder too, but thats for when a quest makes me venture into a close knit pack of ranged or magical mobs b:shocked.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    feral regen isn't a black and white lvl 1 or lvl 10 only option you know?

You have a good point at that. Some barbs might be more comfortable having a lower lvl feral regeneration, so they can keep some other skill up to. Funny that when I read this thread, that option didn't pop up in my mind b:chuckle I usually reason max - min and totally forgot that average - average can also be a good solution.
  • DeOso - Lost City
    DeOso - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Y
    And how exactly is using life powder saving money? You get +50 hp/sec for 10mins at cost? I need that for 10secs every 10mins and I get it for free. b:chuckle

Um, it's pretty simple. Make life powders by farming herbs instead of using pots... That's saving money, right?