What common combo do you have?

Uranas - Lost City
Uranas - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
Ironically, one of my friends, which is an archer, taught me how to use combo skills: ironheart and cyclone alternatively. Well, it is really good, besides using a lot of mp.

I also have a combo with all the buffs together.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for commenting. he-he
Post edited by Uranas - Lost City on

Comments

• SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Cyclone and Plume shot alternating is always the best combo. It lasts you till around 6x or 7x when Wield Thunder gets strong enough.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I use only two combos so far, first my attacking combo: great cyclone, plume shot, great cyclone, plume shot etc. and second my buffing combo: all buffs one after another (except plume shell of course)

When I need to heal or debuff I do it manually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bauhumet - Lost City
    Bauhumet - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is there a macro for healing? I know this will sound kinda bad, but in PvP I would love to have a macro that targeted me for Ironheart blessing. I hate clicking on my portrat and it not switching and me healing what im trying to kill.b:sad
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That is a problem I had for a long time Bauh. You need to wait for it to actually swith to your picture in the top centre of the screen before casting the spell or it will target what you were previously targetting.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    that would be cheating >.>
    b:dirty
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    that would be cheating >.>

How is that cheating? Macros?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeksualHealn - Heavens Tear
    SeksualHealn - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A combo that i got is the Thunder DoT move, cyclone, and plume shot...if the mob is still a live after that I do another plume and done>.>
  • Clarinet - Heavens Tear
    Clarinet - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Many people believe that Thunderball is useless. Around the time you first get it, it's good, but only for a few levels. I would leave Thunderball at one if I were you.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    How is that cheating? Macros?

Yeah macros are cheats, in mmos, fps, actually in any game.
    b:dirty
  • ZadirZex - Lost City
    ZadirZex - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Macros are a feature built in to the game by the developers. How could it possibly be considered cheating?

Anyway...my main macros are:
    1. Single Target full buff: All 4 of my buffs one after the other.
    2. AoE Buffs: All my AoE buffs one after the other.
    3. Grinding attack combo: I switch this to be whatever the most efficient killing method of the particular enemy I am fighting. For now, grinding butterflies, it is: Wield Thunder, Cyclone, Plume, Cyclone
    4. Grinding attack combo that uses a spark: Same thing as above, but I only use this one when I have enough chi for a spark. For butterflies, it's: Spark, cyclone, wield thunder, cyclone.

You'll want to get used to setting up macros for your grinding. When you pop an experience scroll, all that matters is the speed with which you kill. Anything to increase your kill speed and reduce the tediousness of grinding is a good thing.

Also, whenever I get a new quest to kill mobs, I spend the first 3-5 kills figuring out the most efficient use of mana to kill them, then set up a macro to use for the remainder.
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009

LOL, You do realize that they give you the ability in game to creat a macro. I'm pretty sure that everyone has used it to setup combos. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tumlaven - Sanctuary
    Tumlaven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    for the people who manually click themsleves then spam heal...... don't.. just hit esc and when you heal you automatically heal yourself..after finish spamming heal.. reclick the mob.. and wail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bauhumet - Lost City
    Bauhumet - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why would you switch targets if you were killing a mob to heal yourself anyways, you cant heal the mobs in the game.

We are talking PvP. And if you hit escape and try to heal yourself, there is a chance they will attack you making them your target first.
  • Tumlaven - Sanctuary
    Tumlaven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why would you switch targets if you were killing a mob to heal yourself anyways, you cant heal the mobs in the game.

We are talking PvP. And if you hit escape and try to heal yourself, there is a chance they will attack you making them your target first.

lol sorry i read over that part... anyways.. if oyu are in pvp such az pk or tw.. and you have someone targeted.. there isnt a way to heal yourself.. so you have to esc.........but what im wondering..is if they are the oponent.. is it possible to heal them?.. or will you get the same results as against mobs... anyways have fun ^^..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amazonian - Heavens Tear
    Amazonian - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have several macros set up. I have all my group buffs set as one macro. As well as a seperate macro of the four buffs so I can randomly buff someone I'm not grouped with when I'm feeling generous.
    I have recently set up a heal macro for instances when I'm needed for chain heals on the tank...for this I have stream of rejuvenation alternating with ironheart blessing. I've used this twice in a short macro with two of each, and a longer one with four of each. I've found this very helpful and I don't have to constantly hit my heal. I've also set a macro that alternates between stream of rejuvenation and the group heal.
    As far as attack macros go I have two set up for them. My main starts with wield of thunder because it has the longest casting time then alternates between plume shot and cyclone. I have another attack macro for easier mobs that is just plume shot and cyclone.
  • SilasFaolen - Sanctuary
    SilasFaolen - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My only macro and never failed me before: Cyclone, Ironheart, Plume Shot, Cyclone, Plume Shot, Plume Shot. Usually if that doesnt kill them then their close enough I'll either wack them or Thunder Ball then victory for me.
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol sorry i read over that part... anyways.. if oyu are in pvp such az pk or tw.. and you have someone targeted.. there isnt a way to heal yourself.. so you have to esc.........but what im wondering..is if they are the oponent.. is it possible to heal them?.. or will you get the same results as against mobs... anyways have fun ^^..

ESC is **** and the second they hit you again, they'll be back on your target and you're stacking heals on them. Clicking portrait is most effective.

In world PvP, you can heal your attackers. You must click yourself then heal. In duels, TW, and, as mentioned, against mobs however, you cannot heal enemies and so automatically heal yourself (even if you have them targetted).
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Buff line macro
    Plume, cyclone, etc
    Targeted party member (Ironheart, Ironheart, Soon, the light) Used for aoe types with the meat targeted.
    Targeted melee effect type(Ironheart, Ironheart, Purify, Ironheart)Used for melee types with negative effects, meat targeted.
    Self, caster party(Ironheart, Ironheart, Ironheart)If mob is on me in a caster party

Normally I just use my heals as the situation dictates, but if the fight is predictable then I fall back on macro's and get lazy. I change my healing macro's all the time due to the fights always being different.

Never use thunder ball, it's useless after a few lvl's as the higher ups have already stated. And I try to use wield and a closer all the time, only because it looks cool.
  • Column - Lost City
    Column - Lost City Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is a nonsense thread, who asks such stupid questions.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The people who asks questions like this are those who might be looking for more efficient combos.

My main attack macro is Wield Thunder, Cyclone, Plume Shot, Cyclone, Plume Shot, Ironheart, Cyclone, Plume Shot.
    By the time I reach Ironheart, the monster is usually dead, or my life has fallen to around 25%. If the monster isn't dead, the macro continues with the remaining two attacks - the only thing that remains standing after that are the Increased Life ones. The alteration between physical Plume Shot and magical Cyclone also means that I chew through Increased Defence and Increased Magic Resistance mobs with the macro, as long as they're around my level.

I also have one with pure Ironheart - very useful for spamming a tank who needs to stay alive. Plus, like most others, one for the buffs.

The only thing we need are "Target next monster" and a "continue with Macro(X)" functions, and then the game would play itself.
  • Belgarath - Heavens Tear
    Belgarath - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I also have one with pure Ironheart - very useful for spamming a tank who needs to stay alive.

How does one get a pure Ironheart macro to repeat?

The best I have been able to come up with so far is:

{Walk behind enemy}{Ironheart Blessing}{Some other heal}

What are the relative merits of the various heal options for that "Some other heal"?

Also, for healing on curse-fiends like Mantavip, I use
    {Walk behind enemy}{Purify}{Stream of Rejuvenation}{Some other heal OR Ironheart Blessing}

Again, very keen to hear recommendations for that last element.

Thanks!
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    you just necroed a 6 months old thread ^^

You cant use any macro for IH... just use some stick to block Heal button
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How does one get a pure Ironheart macro to repeat?

The best I have been able to come up with so far is:

{Walk behind enemy}{Ironheart Blessing}{Some other heal}

What are the relative merits of the various heal options for that "Some other heal"?

Also, for healing on curse-fiends like Mantavip, I use
    {Walk behind enemy}{Purify}{Stream of Rejuvenation}{Some other heal OR Ironheart Blessing}

Again, very keen to hear recommendations for that last element.

Thanks!

Why walk behinf enemy? :|

And I try to use wield and a closer all the time, only because it looks cool.

lol
  • Jolanar - Dreamweaver
    Jolanar - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I actually like using Macros but There is alot of adjusting involved in PvE I tend to use cyclone, plume shot,cyclone plume shot, IHB,plume shot cylone. This usually works against most mobs. If its a tough mob I manually do an IHB to start then hit the macro.
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In PVP Macros will fail 9/10.

The reason for this is if at any point a macro is interrupted it wont just wait for the stun, sleep, freeze to wear off. It will stop....indefinitely.

Thats why if you had some "Great" macro with a perfect killing combo, it will only work in pve most of the time. This is because in PVP the other player is a living breathing person like you, and you cannot expect he will just stand there, stay in range, not stun you, not interrupt you... expecting this is ridiculous.

Best use for macro imo:
    Chi up macro, use a ****ty spell over and over with no cooldown to gain Chi.
    Buffs, I use a macro for party buffs and single buffs

This is from a clerics point of view, but for EVERY class I would say that macros fail in pvp....Try to pull of you crazy combo on someone who has faster channeling then you, like me, and I will freeze you in your tracks and turn you into cannon fodder.

btw : anything in () is optional as not every situation will allow for spark or genie skills if they are low on energy.

Some pvp combos...anything () is optional

Robe - Immoblize with Seal - Phys debuff seal - (spark) - chromatic seal - razor feathers - (Extreme poison right before it hits) - plume - plume - razor - (extreme poison)

LA and HA- immoblize with seal - Elemental Seal - (spark) - chromatic seal - wield thunder - (Extreme poison right before it hits) - Cyclone

Keep in mind...with fighting charmed...NEVER use spark before the tick, use this combo immediately after charm tick, get their charm down by kiting using cyclone.

Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orionofice1
    orionofice1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is there a macro for healing? I know this will sound kinda bad, but in PvP I would love to have a macro that targeted me for Ironheart blessing. I hate clicking on my portrat and it not switching and me healing what im trying to kill.b:sad

At the bottom right of your mini-map there is a green shield with a dark orange background. Click on it and then you can check boxes so that if the target isn't in your party/faction/or has a red name, then the buff/heal will be cast on yourself =]. no need for a macro b:victory
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Many people believe that Thunderball is useless. Around the time you first get it, it's good, but only for a few levels. I would leave Thunderball at one if I were you.

I've found Thunderball can be a very good skill at lvl 1 at least, not for pve but for pvp. My combo to take down HA classes includes it because it hits more then plume shot does while you're waiting for cyclone's cooldown. But yea, for pve it's pretty useless.