Customization colors displaying differently in-world?

jalenstar4ever
jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
IN-world character colors are not displaying accurately for me in-world. For instance, although my girlfriend wears pink lipstick, i see it as reddish in-world. And although her eyelashes/eyelids are black/dark, I see them as white in-world. My lips also look white to everyone else even though in my screen they look brownish/skin color. As far as I can tell, it appears to only be affecting the facial area as the facial skin tones always appear darker than the rest of the body. BTW, its not just my girlfriend, I see many characters the same way. With their facial character customization colors not displaying properly or as intended.

Another thing that is happening is that often times after going into any one of a variety of functions, suddenly each time i click the screen the game minimizes i go to desktop. I then cannot continue playing or even log off because each time i maximize and try to click on anything the game minimizes forcing me to totally log off my computer and restart the game.

Can anyone help with any of the above issues?

Thank you very much for your help.
Post edited by jalenstar4ever on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to need some more information from you. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    surtr wrote: »
    I'm going to need some more information from you. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg

Hello Surtr, here is what I get ...

Name: NVIDIA GeForce MX440
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip Set: GeForce4 MX440/440SE
    DAC Type: Integrated RAMDA
    Approx Total Mem: 128.0 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
    Monitor: Plug & Play
    Main Driver: NV4_disp.dll
    Version: 6.13.10.3190 (English)
    Signed: Yes
    Mini VDD: NV4_Mini.Sys

The field is blank for VDD and there is no Date, WHQL Logo'd, and DDI Version listed fields.

Thank you
  • surtr
    edited February 2009
    Unfortunately, the problem here is entirely with your video card. Perfect World requires 1.1 vertex shaders and DirectX 8.1 support; your card has no vertex shader support and only supports DirectX 7. While it may be sufficient to run the game, you will probably continue to see graphic bugs like this as well as experiencing performance issues.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    surtr wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the problem here is entirely with your video card. Perfect World requires 1.1 vertex shaders and DirectX 8.1 support; your card has no vertex shader support and only supports DirectX 7. While it may be sufficient to run the game, you will probably continue to see graphic bugs like this as well as experiencing performance issues.

Thank you for your prompt response Surtr.

Will it be possible to resolve the DirectX 8.1 and Vertex shaders issues with online download upgrades or is the only alternative the purchase of a new video card?
  • surtr
    edited February 2009
    While downloading the latest drivers may help a little bit, your best option would be to replace the card.

EDIT: The latest drivers for that card can be found here.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    ok, thanks again. Your help is much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.