Auction overbidding?

Zackey - Sanctuary
Zackey - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Pretty much whats going on is that ive got this thought in my head and its been bugging me to the point that it actually matters. Ill give my own example because i dont know any other way to present my problem:

Ive got a bid on an expensive item, only a bid. I then decide to buy it instead, but i ALREADY HAVE a bid placed on it and i am afraid of paying for the bid and the buy price altogether.

Does anyone know if that will happen or if it actually overwrites the bid you made before and you only pay for the buy price?
What signature?
Post edited by Zackey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just use cancel bid option in the auction house receive ur money take it out of the mail go back into auction and buy it.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just use cancel bid option in the auction house receive ur money take it out of the mail go back into auction and buy it.

In plain English, what Misstaken means to say is that when an item is bought for the final price, any money that's been bid on it will return to its original owners via mail.

So if you buy it you'll get back the money you bid, yes.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Hildeborg - Heavens Tear
    Hildeborg - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It happened to me to mistakenly clic BID instead of BUY ; when I bought it just later my BID money was returned via mail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Cancel Bid button doesn't work. It needs to be fixed or removed if you ask me, because right now its bloody pointless. b:angry

If you are the latest (and so highest) bidder, when you click cancel bid, you will get a nice popup saying "your bid cannot be canceled as you are the highest bidder" b:lipcurl. Someone needs to out-bid you and then you will have your bid amount returned as a "Auction Error" mail.

The only thing cancel bid does is stops tracking the bid item in "My Bids" section after you've been outbid (i.e. the bid is grayed out). b:tired
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Zackey - Sanctuary
    Zackey - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well i didnt get my auction that i was waiting for the next day because of this fear and still didnt want to take a chance about my money being stolen by the flawed system. I WOULD HAVE gotten my item but a special someone made me do something pointless instead of my 23 hour benchmark i set myself to return to the bid.

From Hazardus: (donno how to quote right srry)
    Cancel Bid button doesn't work. It needs to be fixed or removed if you ask me, because right now its bloody pointless.

Thats another factor that annoyed me in my little situation. That dang button does virtually nothing useful. This amongst other things in the auction system need to be fixed or changed. Maybe turning the ID search into an item search? Come on even i get tired of going from menu to menu trying to search for something.

Anyway over that, thanks very much for the info everyone, because i just want to make sure i know this sort of thing next time something like this may happen. b:thanks
    What signature?
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually, the 'Cancel Bid' button isn't completely useless :P

When you bid on something, it gets listed in the 'My Bids' tab. If someone overbids you, it remains on that tab but greyed out. Which makes it convenient if you want to up your bid ... however, if you don't you can then click 'Cancel Bid' to remove it from the 'My Bids' tab. Which can be nice if you're bidding on a lot of items ... but it is rather misleading, since you're not actually cancelling a bid at that point. Something like 'Hide' or 'Remove' might be better ... but yes, the whole Auction House needs a revamp - a lot of problems with it!