Market Place

Options
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Suggestion Box
Dunno if that has been suggested before but.. here goes:

My idea is for the developers to create a place independed from the rest of the world (just like instants) to work as a Market, accesible from all Teleporter NPCs for free so people can go in there and Vent or do shopping, all in one place, it will reduce the lag dramatically I believe and it will make our in-game shopping lifes easier.

Opinions?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• torsive
    torsive Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I second this. I mean must West Archosaur be the center of trading? (at least in Sanctuary it is)

Make the Market a seperate map to reduce those laggy areas. I admit it's good to see so much activity in an area of a map (makes the game seem more "alive"), but if you're at West Archosaur for non-trading purposes it can be a little annoying. Especially when the mass number of players causes some other players to be invisible...

But with unrestricted cat shops, it will be hard to limit people to selling their items in a Market map. People will still put up cat shops where they feel it's a convenience for the buyer, and I don't like the idea of the consignment shop placement to be restricted either.

Maybe they could restrict a Market map for offline sellers only? I mean there's people AFK'n with their shops up, but why aren't they allowed to log off and still retain their shop? Have a time limit of 24 hours or something for the cat shop to remain active without the player online. This would be convenient for the player, and also help out the environment with less power consumption.
  • Orihimeie - Sanctuary
    Orihimeie - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This kinda comes from the original concept from Run eScape... I dunno if PWi would wanna add this SINCE they tried shutting down pw...
    "Don't judge by a book by its cover, judge it by it's grammar and punctuation." - Oracle.