About flying speed..

Options
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
I was wondering wich is faster the original wings (maxed flying mastery) or later wing versions? ...and if it's the second, then how later?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Natural wings with flying mastery maxed are faster. I don't know by how much, but it's a relatively significant amount.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sounds reasonable. Another question: Are winged elves flying master maxed faster than other classes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Secilia - Lost City
    Secilia - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Other classes apart from Archer dont have master flying skill. Max master flying skill gives you +2 speed so you will be going 6.8m/s whilst other classes will be going at 4.8 or 5m/s. Unless they buy from bontique and get the 20 dollar aerocrafts or use winged widgets.
  • ZadirZex - Lost City
    ZadirZex - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The original wings, with maxed flight mastery, fly at a speed of +2.0 m/s. They also come with 2 drawbacks. They cut your mana regeneration a bit and they can't be accelerated.

All wings bought from the cash shop can be upgraded with Wind Widgets to fly at a max speed of +3.0 m/s with an accelerate of +5.0 m/s.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All wings bought from the cash shop can be upgraded with Wind Widgets to fly at a max speed of +3.0 m/s with an accelerate of +5.0 m/s.

...and what happens if you don't wanna spend real money into the game? Are those things effortable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZadirZex - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ...and what happens if you don't wanna spend real money into the game? Are those things effortable?

You can buy cash shop items from other players with in game money if you choose. Upgraded daedalus wings cost about 2.5 - 3 million on the open market these days for example.

Clerics have so many more pressing needs (mana charms and keeping up with skill costs) that it would be difficult to afford expensive wings until much later in the game. Then again, it's all about prioritizing what is important to you. Would you rather have a few higher levels of skills or fly faster? Getting maxed flight mastery costs ~140k gold for +2.0 m/s vs paying 3 million for +3.0 m/s.

When you start doing the World Quest at 70+ or getting into PK battles, that extra 1.0 m/s makes a big difference.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Err.. I assume you mean affordable?

And yes, they definitely are.

For best value for money, avoid the fancy wings like the plague. Get the cheapest cash shop wings you can, and then use widgets to upgrade them to the max. It ends up so much cheaper.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now I noticed something else that bothers me, i just got the eagle wings (yes I was a bit late) and the duration of them (was 300 secs) is no more, how do I recharge it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    chi stones that you obtain by decomping old equipment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • ZadirZex - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now I noticed something else that bothers me, i just got the eagle wings (yes I was a bit late) and the duration of them (was 300 secs) is no more, how do I recharge it?

A lot of people get confused by this. The eagle wings are permanent. The duration timer is for the accelerate feature of the wings. If you hover over the wings, you'll see 2 speeds listed. +1.5 and +3.0 if I recall. The wings always fly at +1.5, but if you use accelerate, they will fly at +3.0. As Alpine said, you recharge the accelerate duration by using chi stones you get from decomposing armor and weapons. Higher level gear gives better stones, which add more seconds.

Also, Flight Mastery does not affect the eagle wings, only the starter, white wings. So you will fly slower with Eagle Wings than with maxed flight mastery regular wings.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A lot of people get confused by this. The eagle wings are permanent. The duration timer is for the accelerate feature of the wings. If you hover over the wings, you'll see 2 speeds listed. +1.5 and +3.0 if I recall. The wings always fly at +1.5, but if you use accelerate, they will fly at +3.0. As Alpine said, you recharge the accelerate duration by using chi stones you get from decomposing armor and weapons. Higher level gear gives better stones, which add more seconds.

Also, Flight Mastery does not affect the eagle wings, only the starter, white wings. So you will fly slower with Eagle Wings than with maxed flight mastery regular wings.

I'm not THAT noob i know how it goes, I just didn't know how to recharge them :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Pretty sure that eagle wings are +0.5, not +1.5.
    And then +2.5 accelerate.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    Pretty sure that eagle wings are +0.5, not +1.5.
    And then +2.5 accelerate.

Yup, you're Correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]