Traid Buyin Lvl 70 Players

Haza - Heavens Tear
Haza - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Triad have been paying lvl 70+ players to join thier guild and do TW,
what i want to know were all this money is coming from. and why are traid so desperate
Post edited by Haza - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's probably someone who stole money from a big guild and start to create a new guild and plan to steal the money again. Just a hunch since you asked "how they got the money"
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    triad has a territory lol, they are a bigger version of smirnoff, who also held a territory for a couple weeks back when RoC was wiping elysium
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Harui - Heavens Tear
    Harui - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Come On ur talking about Triad, they must have a underground business or something. remember rush hour 3 or was it 4...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I heard that Triads lead is flithy rich in real life and sells gold like mad.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • gades
    gades Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This seems to be a very common occurence in PWI. Alot of factions are not just friends who enjoy hanging out and helping each other like in most games, but rather a coalition of greedy people who want nothing more than to get paid. Now I am not saying this is what every faction does, and that all people are like this, just an observation of alot of the higher levels throughout the game. For instance on Sanctuary one of teh factions lost all but one of their territories, and after the TWs were done you saw alot of the highers from that faction looking for a new faction (some of which stating the faction must have territory). Personally I think anyone who has to be paid to be in a faction doesn't deserve to be in one, but thats me...

As for the money, yeah people who have alot of money IRL can afford to pay people in game, but that too is silly imo
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dropping real money like mad for a game , yup thats what their leader does, but he seems fairly nice and non super ego from what ive seen

if you are willing to spend so much money on a game its hard to see a better use them to try to make a rich powerful land owning faction, i wouldn't call it desperate, more desperate may be the big factions that shell out a lot of thier
    TW funds to some of the 9x to keep them
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    gades wrote: »
    This seems to be a very common occurence in PWI. Alot of factions are not just friends who enjoy hanging out and helping each other like in most games, but rather a coalition of greedy people who want nothing more than to get paid. Now I am not saying this is what every faction does, and that all people are like this, just an observation of alot of the higher levels throughout the game. For instance on Sanctuary one of teh factions lost all but one of their territories, and after the TWs were done you saw alot of the highers from that faction looking for a new faction (some of which stating the faction must have territory). Personally I think anyone who has to be paid to be in a faction doesn't deserve to be in one, but thats me...

As for the money, yeah people who have alot of money IRL can afford to pay people in game, but that too is silly imo

If a faction has territories it should be paying its members plain and simple.
    I like pie
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    even without its territory Triad's top brass got a lot of coin to fund their member's TW pays.

if a dollar sells for 100k in AH. it isnt impossible to make game coins selling RL money.
    as for the 200k salary its not too large compared to what other factions pay their top level players. and FYI holding lands generates coins. if the members DONT get paid in coins or charms for their contribution in TW, then its something you gotta come to the forums and make a thread about, not the other way around.
    its not just for a coloured spot on a map that someone might want to invest a huge amount of their earnings on a "free" game >.> maybe its a sense of self achievement or...something you can brag about to your OL friends,idk...use your imagination :D

and...why are you(op) getting so desperate to know how Triad works? they arent nicking your pockets or something are they?b:laugh
    might wanna join them and find out exactly how they work, from what ive heard they finance their member's zhenning needs and stuff, free charms and scrolls just so you can lvl up faster and defend your land is pretty helpful if you ask me.
  • Voxstellarum - Heavens Tear
    Voxstellarum - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im in triad, allow me to set the RECORD straight.

Our generous leader is putting up the pay for our game at the moment, out of his pocket. The fact that you assume stolen ends is pretty sad.. You can't always assume the worst. Have you tried starting a TW guild? I have, and promising people we will SOMEDAY TW ends up in people all eventually leaving. How else can you ensure high lvl people a new faction will succeed, without a little reimbursement of good faith? Avsara had faith that if he could fund a few rounds off his OWN hard earned money (you should have no opinion of how he spends his EARNED money), he could get more people to believe in his cause, despite the odds being stacked against us. He believes in our long term, and has a great deal of patience. LAST TW costed me a silver hp, a bronze hp charm, AND 70k repairs. Thats more than we GET PAID IN A WEEK. So save all your speculation and rumors, we are good people that are here to see some new bread in the tw colors window and to contend for respect. Everyone is mature, and respectful, and it's pretty BS you call us BOUGHT considering no one's making more than we're losing in TW... We believe in what he does, and were glad that someone had the balls to say "Hey, the map is dominated, but we WILL contend and succeed." If you can't appreciate any of these sentiments, well, that's a shame.
  • gades
    gades Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If a faction has territories it should be paying its members plain and simple.

I never once said that a faction with territories shouldn't pay their people, I said its stupid and selfish of people to join a faction just for the money.