About te skills...

longani
longani Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Barbarian
Hi~

I just have a simple question... Is it good to upgrade the passive skills such as "Feral Regeneration" or "Beast King's Inspiration" if I choose to build a barbarian taker(tiger form) character? I am Lv24 and only use the tiger form skills...

Can someone answer me?

Thanks, bYe
Post edited by longani on

Comments

• Malcuid - Sanctuary
    Malcuid - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am a lvl 42 barb and would say:
    if you only use the tiger form skilzz, defenitely lvl passive skills.
    Feral Regeneration" and "Beast King's Inspiration are so great
  • finalending
    finalending Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    feral regeneration was a good idea at the time, or so i thought. dont bother with it much. better off putting those points into something else. unless u plan to kill a mob, then rest then back to killing and repeat it aint worth it. because its only good when you're in meditation and that'll only take doing whatever you're doing longer to get done.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    feral regeneration was a good idea at the time, or so i thought. dont bother with it much. better off putting those points into something else. unless u plan to kill a mob, then rest then back to killing and repeat it aint worth it. because its only good when you're in meditation and that'll only take doing whatever you're doing longer to get done.

Might be true, but your way is really expensive. I go only tiger, and mostly use just beastkings inspiration and poison fang. I kill 4/5 mobs (untill my hp are close to 25%, so it's less when the mobs have a strong mag attack) and then meditate. With feral regeneration this only takes a few seconds. This way I hardly ever use pots, no hp and no mp, on normal quests. The result: I've never bought any pots. The drops are more than enough for the fb's and bosses (at least till now).

To get back to the original question. As a lvl 43 barb only using tigerform, I say: Yes, it's good to lvl feral regeneration and beastkings inspiration.
    Like I said above, feral regeneration saves a lot in pots. Remember +20 hp regeneration is +40 when meditating. When a mob uses a disease on me, it takes out -42 (example of my lvl). You can see, that it doesn't really hurts me thanks to the regeneration skill. With my current equipment and vit points, my hp still go up (in meditation) even when I'm bleeding or being diseased.
    Beastkings inspiration is really important in my opinion. It's rather appreciated when you're in a squad, and in solo quests it's also handy. Currently, this skill gives a bonus of about 600hp for 30 minutes. At my lvl it gives 20%, and that is really worth the investment.

Just to warn you. At some lvls you'll have 4 or 5 skills you can lvl, and you won't be able to do that right away. In those cases, flesh realm and alacity of the beast are more important than the above mentioned skills (in my opinion).
  • finalending
    edited February 2009
    well at your level you can take a breather and meditate during ur what? 30 kill quests? find a nice safe spot or just go next to a mob that wont attack, sure regen will help there. jump a few levels up to the 60s or 70s and you'll be having quests taht requires 60-70 kills and every mob out there will hit you, using meditate will get it done alot longer. even worse when you're fighting under water far away from shore, you can't meditate then so will you jump out and head to dry land every single time u need to meditate? i've got a lvl 9 regen and i dont find myself meditating all that much.

as you've said my way is more expensive but your way takes more time.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    eh.. i like having feral regen at 10.. i never meditate .. you say get up into the 60s and 70s and it'll be different.. thats true.. cause if you grind in tiger form .. you sunder and never have to meditate anyway .. also feral regen coupled with life powder makes for nice regen and i barely even have to sunder.. i have plenty of time to fully regen chi and still use devour every now and then
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I sence from your writing, that you feel offended. Don't be. When questions are asked on this forum, I just post my point of view. That's one of the reasons I usually put my lvl. That way people know till which lvl it makes sense. I noticed that there are different types of players, that go from "lvling as fast as possible, doesn't matter how much it costs" to "no need to rush, I'll lvl eventually anyway". I'm not saying one is better than the other, I think it just depends on players. Lets just say that I tend more to the latest option and don't mind to spend more time. Yes I've been killing mobs in the air, and yes I've been fighting under water. In those cases I just spend double the time waiting since I can't meditate. As for the 60s and 70s, I'm not there yet, so why should I worry about those quests? Since about every 10 lvls the number of mobs you have to kill for a quest goes up from lvl1 to lvl 40, I already had a little idea they would still go up from the 40s to later. As for your question, the latest quests I've done required 40 to 50 kills.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I sence from your writing, that you feel offended. Don't be. When questions are asked on this forum, I just post my point of view. That's one of the reasons I usually put my lvl. That way people know till which lvl it makes sense. I noticed that there are different types of players, that go from "lvling as fast as possible, doesn't matter how much it costs" to "no need to rush, I'll lvl eventually anyway". I'm not saying one is better than the other, I think it just depends on players. Lets just say that I tend more to the latest option and don't mind to spend more time. Yes I've been killing mobs in the air, and yes I've been fighting under water. In those cases I just spend double the time waiting since I can't meditate. As for the 60s and 70s, I'm not there yet, so why should I worry about those quests? Since about every 10 lvls the number of mobs you have to kill for a quest goes up from lvl1 to lvl 40, I already had a little idea they would still go up from the 40s to later. As for your question, the latest quests I've done required 40 to 50 kills.

Like the "Kill 50 of this mob, 45 of that mob, and 40 of this other mob" from Heaven's Tear?

I cried silently when I realized my other toon hadn't gotten it yet, and I had to do it again.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • finalending
    edited February 2009
    not offended at all. at the end of my last post i said that my way was more efficient however also more expensive. in the end its up to the individual to see if its worth it as everyone values things differently.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    not offended at all. at the end of my last post i said that my way was more efficient however also more expensive. in the end its up to the individual to see if its worth it as everyone values things differently.

Good to know b:pleased I just wanted to be sure about it.

Oh, and sorry for the end of my previous post. When I see things differently, some sarcasm/irony slips in my writing ... One of by bad habits b:surrender Sorry about that b:victory
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    with the barb skill tiger inparticular i find that to appreciate them you need to look at the biger picture. the following is hypothetical don't flame the the stats are wrong for the skill it is a generic example

ok so you got lvl 1 regen great now your getting 10 hp/sec
    you see lvl 2 and go ok i have no other skills to lvl i will get it now you have 11hp / sec
    you see lvl 3 and go naaaw 1 hp /sec more for get this and leave it. you just missed out
    cuz if you take it to lvl ten they you end up with 20 hp/sec which is double almost what you have now.

it is very general very duh but some time over looked every thing get waaaay better at lvl 10 than it is al lvl 1 it is just up to you were you wanna stop it.

for me lvl 8 was enough the extra 4/ sec weren't worth missing the other skills i wanted.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • longani
    longani Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok, so according to you guys, I have to lvl the feral regen but not to max it, Do I get it well? And what about the king inspiration?

Thanks for the answers~