remove venders and make the ah more viable

poia
poia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Suggestion Box
first off lets point out that venders cause needless server lag. Why do ppl vend?
atm its more viable 500+ per item to post an auction is ridiculous for huge stacks. however, if the tax was placed to 5-10 perc of total sales there would be no need to vend. secondly make the ah more flexible so ppl can buy items in units rather than a whole bundle. remove the numerical filter system and make it a string to compare item names thus making it a search engine. and allot ALL items that can be traded to be posted. then remove the vender system it would remove a great deal of server stress. secondly it would remove a great deal of player lag running through cities. thirdly it would allow players to post items and play rather than peddling to cause lag and sever crashes.

moral of the story a good auction system would remove the need to vend and make everyone happier it would also create a more stable economy and reduce scams. having both an auction system and a vending system is needless insanity. please consider this sugestion im sure 90 perc of your player base would appreciate it if this is a duplicate post my apologies i did a search prior
Post edited by poia on

Comments

• IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    /Signed

100% agree.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Metacon - Sanctuary
    Metacon - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i 100% agree as well
  • Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm not sure that it is practical. Vending has it's uses. Someone can set up a shop right outside the main gate of a city to sell pots, another player can set up shop next to the blacksmith or tailor to sell mats. It's not about functionality, it's about convenience. I'd much rather stop outside town, restock my pots in 30 seconds or so, and go back to grinding/questing/whatever I was doing, than have to go and search out the auction house just for some pots. And personally, I'd much rather buy something I need right away for the original price than bid on the same thing that I may not even get after 5 hours that could also end up twice what I would pay from a player shop. It would be like going halfway across town to buy something you could get half price next door.

Also, I tend to get a LOT more lag from a bunch of people in one spot (like, say, packed in around the auction house?) than from 20 some odd vendors. Any lag that I get drops off almost entirely if I switch to best performance mode, which hides players, but not vendors.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I played Runescape briefly before finding PWI and I have to say their auction system is just about perfect. The rest of the game...well...their AH is great. One listing for each type of item, all sold items go into a "first in, first out" queue type system with lowest price getting priority. The server calculates the value of items on a daily basis based on a predetermined starting value then adjusting according to what the players are paying for it, with the option to buy or sell at +/- 10%. So for example if today an item is priced at 1,000g and all listings sell at the maximum of 1,100g, then tomorrow the median price will recalculate to 1,100g +/- 10%. It would remove the headache of spending all day going from catshop to catshop to find the best deal, and would provide much needed stability to the overall economy.

Come on, give your servers a break. They work way too hard keeping these catshops going.
  • poia
    edited February 2009
    just think where those svr lag spikes would be without 500+ cat venders XD and 10 minute shopping instead of hours
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    poia wrote: »
    remove venders and make the ah more viable

No thanks.

Just thought I'd drop in and say that this suggestion will never even be slightly considered. And a good thing too. It's a bad idea. Terrible. Adjectives fail me. Baaaaaad.

If you're lagging, then change your graphics settings. If you don't like the kitty shops, then don't use them. Mmmhmm...
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    poia wrote: »
    Why do ppl vend?
    Because you can make a LOT more money that way of course :P

To make the AH viable, it has to be profitable. 10-20% fee up front, AND a further 10% on sale? That's ridiculous - it's like they WANT players to setup their own shops ... though I can't see how that benefits PWI at all (just increases bandwidth from all those extra players connected).

Personally, I don't really see a point in the fees - aside from maybe keeping players from using the AH as free storage. But I think they should be cut to at least 1/4 of their current level.

And to avoid the huge cluster of players around the AH, create a lot more AH NPC's and scatter them around.

I'd also suggest splitting all stackable items into a seperate market that functions like the Gold market (actually I already suggested that ... here). Leave the AH for equipment, where individual items can vary considerably.

And as for searching, I'd suggest two changes:

1) List things by levels (e.g: Under 'Materials' you'd have Lowest/Low/Mid/... instead of Stone/Silk/Oil/...). Same for equipment, but use a level range (e.g: Weapons/Magic/Level 40-45) - that or allow you to enter your own level range to filter on.

2) Allow you to filter by a parent category instead of just the individual items.

As for removing player shops - I don't think that's necessary. Make the AH more viable, and most of them will just naturally disappear on their own.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    No thanks.

Just thought I'd drop in and say that this suggestion will never even be slightly considered. And a good thing too. It's a bad idea. Terrible. Adjectives fail me. Baaaaaad.

If you're lagging, then change your graphics settings. If you don't like the kitty shops, then don't use them. Mmmhmm...

Look there are more efficient ways of having shops than having those lag producing cat shop.

Those cat shops are ridiculus. Just imagine you go to a Mall to buy a particular item you are interested in. but you do not know what each store is selling unless you go inside?, not only the cat shops are everywhere, How can they be set up all next to each other in the middle of the road?

There should be "a way" for you to find what you are looking to buy from players without having to click on each Cat shop and see what they sell (Does a directory rings a bell?).

In case you do not want to make directory, why don't you make a market on every city where players can set up their cat shops in order based on what they sell (healing areas, weapons area, mats area, etc). Even third wolrd country markets are better organized than the cat shops in Archo. Tax them to pay a licence for nice spots and reduce how many can be on a particular area.
  • Gooni_san - Heavens Tear
    Gooni_san - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    gotta consider this ...i know a little about servers and any and all info that is read through sql is also going to cause server lag ....get this ...if you have 10000 people put 5 items in auction and 3000 people searching said item then what inevitably happens is the server spends more time reading the AH than the game play i.e. server lag ...on the other hand catshops should be organized to a specific map area IMHO i mean i would rather there be lag in a vendor map and the rest of the server cleaner than to worry about having to go to AH all the time ...plus eye candy will cause more to buy your stuff than words in AH JMHO
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Look there are more efficient ways of having shops than having those lag producing cat shop.
    Are you suggesting that everyone stands around and fills the chat channels with spam? Because that's all that's gonna happen if kitty shops are removed.
    Those cat shops are ridiculus. Just imagine you go to a Mall to buy a particular item you are interested in. but you do not know what each store is selling unless you go inside?, not only the cat shops are everywhere, How can they be set up all next to each other in the middle of the road?

There should be "a way" for you to find what you are looking to buy from players without having to click on each Cat shop and see what they sell

Look again. Kitty shops have words above them. Words that in 99% of cases give details about what products are for sale there.

At this stage I would ask if you have any more arguments you'd like to put forward, but that would imply that you'd actually put forward an argument already. You haven't. You merely stated some incorrect assumptions and threw your support behind a **** suggestion.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • poia
    edited February 2009
    To make the AH viable, it has to be profitable. 10-20% fee up front, AND a further 10% on sale? That's ridiculous - it's like they WANT players to setup their own shops ... though I can't see how that benefits PWI at all (just increases bandwidth from all those extra players connected).

yet a different solution hell why not remove fees all together venders don have one
  • Mortallas - Sanctuary
    Mortallas - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I was just wondering if there was any reason why the kitty shops can't be NPCs?
    Ive been playing PWI for a couple of weeks and just realised that each shop is an AFK player, which suddenly seemed ridiculous.
    Why not make it so that players can place 1 NPC Kitty shop which works in exactly the same way as atm but would then allow the player to continue playing (perhaps the point of the game)?
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I support this to 100%.

Remove all the cat shops because they just clutter up and causes massive lag in the west district of Archosaur.

Also remove that fee for putting up an auction but you can raise the auctioneers tax or whatever you call it to 10%.
  • Starri - Heavens Tear
    Starri - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have to agree with this one. AH can be great for clearing up the economy of Perfect World. It would make a lot more people stop trying to sell things for Way overprice because you could scan down a list of items and see the cost for each one, and obviously.. the most expensive one is not gonna sell.
    As for "waiting hours for something" as someone said earlier... Well.. that's why there is the buy now option. Some may not set one up.. but I am sure someone else would.