Connection Issues

gatts87
gatts87 Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
Ever since the auto-path patch I've been getting connection issues. I haven't changed any settings or done anything differently so I have no idea whats causing this. It will say "Server error try relogging in" so I relog and it will continue to say this, during all of this my screen flashes white(again something that has never happened before the patch). If theres a way to fix this I would really be thankful or maybe its a server error like the message states? Don't know.
Post edited by gatts87 on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Try a verify from the launcher please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gatts87
    edited January 2009
    I finished that then tried the game. The results were that it took a bit longer to happen but the same exact issue occurred.
  • gatts87
    edited January 2009
    Are there any ideas for fixing this? I don't use firewalls, all of them are turned off, same settings I had prior to the auto-path update and ever since the update I've had the flashing white screens/connection issues resulting in lag outs/disconnects.

I'm only able to play for a few minutes(at best) before I get the error message and disconnected. However, the entire time I'm on the game the white flashes on my screen.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Can you provide us the following fields from a DXdiag :
    System Tab - System Information box -
    Operating System :
    Processor :
    Memory :

Display Tab - device box -
    Name:
    Chip Type:
    Approx Total Memory:

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver :
    Version :
    Date:

To open a dxdiag :
    In Vista, type dxdiag in the Start menu search bar
    In other versions of Windows, type dxdiag in the Run command (Start > Run)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gatts87
    edited January 2009
    Operating System : Windows XP x64
    Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.2 GHz
    Memory : 1024MB RAM

Display Tab - device box -
    Name: Radeon X1950 Pro
    Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7280)
    Approx Total Memory: 256MB

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver : ati2dvag.dll
    Version : 6.14.0010.6891
    Date: 12/1/2008

I don't understand why you need this information to help me. Like I said I've changed nothing on my end and the issues only began after the auto-path changes were made to the game. I play on Heavens Tear if that helps at all...
  • aneelar
    aneelar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    you know I have problems with connection as well, but this is kinda of different. I was on a quest and then I got disconnected of course it told me this so I confirmed it and so that meant I would be re-connected, but I tried to log in and it said that I'm already logged in and so I restarted my computer and tried again and it won't let me in because it said that I'm logged in already.

I'm kinda upset. will someone help me? thanks!
  • gatts87
    edited January 2009
    For the issue you are experiencing just put a check in the "Safe Login" box before you click login and that should fix it.
  • gatts87
    edited January 2009
    No one knows how to fix this?
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    I needed to know that information because old or unreliable drivers, or atypical driver installations, can and will cause unusual graphical effects. Patches don't, not without doing it to everyone.

Please use the AMD multi-core Optimizer, and verify that your Catalyst Control Center settings are set to Application Controlled, whereever applicable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gatts87
    edited January 2009
    My graphic settings have been that way =) since I got this game. I downloaded the optimizer yesterday to see if that would help and the results are the same. The only reason I assume its something server side is because I haven't changed anything on my end and for the month or so before the auto path thing, I had no issues at all, but after it I've had nothing but issues.
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    The server shouldn't be able to cause your entire screen to flash white, and in all honesty that's my most immediate concern. Until we can rule out motherboard and GPU-related issues, the Server Error warning could just be due to electrons plinking out on the PCIe bus. Is there any behavior that seems to trigger this?

Do you have System Restore activated?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gatts87
    edited January 2009
    Yes its activated. The white flashes trigger when I move around, if I stay still then nothing happens. Its happening less often now but it still does it. Maybe its just lag in the connection from me to the server? On every other game I play theres no issues and they are more graphic intensive then pw. Makes no sense :(. Maybe I can change the ip for heavens tear im connecting to or?
  • gatts87
    edited February 2009
    Still happens. However, its random now happens often just randomly. It was continuous when I first posted so atleast its improving a bit, but can anyone help me fix this issue?
This discussion has been closed.