Swimming pets

bluebob
bluebob Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
I'm trying to do the lvl 37 quests For My Comrades and Trumpet Shell. I'm a lvl 41 veno. I can win each fight but I'm seriously weakened and v low on HP after. Today's dumb questions is: is it possible to tame swimming pets? If so, what would be the best one for me to try and tame?
Post edited by bluebob on

Comments

• bluebob
    edited January 2009
    I should have said - what would be the best one for me to tame as a swimming tank?
  • Marlah - Sanctuary
    Marlah - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    there's a couple of turtles that lvl, but since I never got one, I'm not sure which ones or where they are.

I know at lvl 54 you can tame a Mermaid by Misfortune and Tai Chi Shore.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    what server are you on?
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • bluebob
    edited January 2009
    I'm on Sanctuary
  • ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear
    ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I know you can tame tortoises in the river south of Lost City, but those will be awfully low leveled (level 5-8 low). I have no experience with using them (since I'm an insect handler), but I've heard they make good water tanks. There's also undines (level 35ish?) in and around the river branching off Plume Lake and leading away from City of the Plume. I've also heard that those are decent if you can stand their laughter for a long time.
  • Shikome - Heavens Tear
    Shikome - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The level 5 turtles are a little bit troublesome to level up at early levels, and can be found in bodies of water near any of the starter cities. While being a bit of a pain to level at first, once you get it to about level 30, the effort of leveling it from the ground up starts to pay off.

A lot of Venos don't recommend bothering with a water pet at lower levels, but I'm loving my turtle. Post 30 it's growth rate appears to be a bit silly. It comes in especially handy when you're fighting underwater with monsters that are tightly clumped together and aggressive.

At 36 he was able to tank level 54 water mobs. Now he didn't tank them particularly well, but long enough for me to get it dead when it added on me during my underwater questing. Hope that helped. b:victory
  • bluebob
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for all the advice. In the end, I managed to tame a lvl 21 turtle that seems pretty handy. Just let's the mobs past sometimes .