PWI vs. PW-MY

Options
LadyBastet - Sanctuary
LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Ok this has been on my mind for quite some time and I looked on the forums before posting and could not find any info. What I would like to know if there is a Perfect World Malaysia English and Perfect World International what is the difference between them? Why release an already released English version? This boggles my mind as I am hearing more and more that PW-MY is better then PWI as in cheaper boutique items. This does not mean I will leave my PWI. I love this game and would be stupid to leave it. I just want to know what the difference is between the two. Thanks
Post edited by LadyBastet - Sanctuary on

Comments

• B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    my-en has more mounts and clothing ect, i don't know why there are 2 versions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    oh, i didn't know if there's pw-my :o
    can ppl from other countries play in there? ^^

i'm wondering if there's pw-indo as well xD
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    For starters, the PW-MY server is based in.... Malaysia, and PWI is based here in the US. Latency is horrible in PW-MY, bad delays.

By far yes, PW-MY cash shop is way cheaper than here in the US, almost/about one-third the price. There were some posts by the GMs, saying the cash shop price is based off the pay-rate of the average US person. (I think this game is like, also meant for kids... they don't have jobs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • santabb
    santabb Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Its kinda weird. As far as....Differences go~
    Mainly MY, ALL servers are PVP/pk-able~ PWI theres 2 PVE and 1 PVP~, name changes and cashshop is different and behind. Different as far as...MY = no xmas fash or sundrop clothes in cashshop...only xmas fash' availible in MY is from xmas event only. Unless they update it later?

And I am sure PWI will get all the fash' that MY has...eventually~ (if ask me it a gimmick to the PWI players since if they slowly-release the fash/mounts = creates a Demand for the Next-new-Thing each time~ ...as opposed to IF they released the PWI cashshop with everything all at once and Only once~)

BUT, cutting down on lag is rather nice~ ...since Malay' net is rather touchy to surf'n'play on as it is. ...and maken another version saves on lag and makes the cashshops more availible to that-catered-country. MY, cashshop money comes from getting cards from their local-stores...and malay stores only. Plus, it was always kinda funny as a non-malay player....to see red-letters from GM's advertising a PW-convention at the local blahblah place XD ...which for any non-malay residing peeps = across alot of water >_<

Also...as said name-changes are rather...Weird. For me atleast. Guilds on MY have GuildMasters, Vice-Guildmasters and not Leaders and Directors? o.O ...Partys were partys and not....Squads? (bleh) Also, bunch of the npc's names are all changed and most of the mob names too which = I feel dyslexic playen PWI at times >_<

All in all tho...I would suspect to make less lag for people wanting to play on a server that is closer to them + make buying cashshop-money more...accessible~

Also...they are making more PW 's for more countries before releasing PW2~ ...europe is supposed to get their own servers sometimes soons~

To touch on about prices in cashshop tho...MY is cheaper buying with Zen/Cubis. But, at the moment, PWI has a HECK of alot cheaper exchange rate for trading cashshop-money with game-gold(dropped money from mobs) in Trade-House. Last I recall, MY it was 300k to 1. PWI has been floating around 100k for a bit.....but as time goes on...just watch prices and that exchange rate inflate b:chuckle
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    While we appreciate the spirited debate as to which side is better, it is against our policy to discuss on this forum about competing versions of PW. Thanks, and have a pleasant Tuesday evening (or early Monday morning, depending on how you look at it).

[Closed]
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.