so before I invest more time into my charecter are dual blade bm good for
PVP if not tell me other build to follow

the guide
Post edited by neerthy on

Comments

• LordSnow - Lost City
    LordSnow - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dual blading is fine for pvp. Although you have somwhat low hp you rarely miss and your evasion is through the roof. Your damage is not as high as dual axes but you will hit just about everthing other then a fist bm. So its up to you and your play style. I chose blades becouse I like the fighting style. If i had to choose a differnt path i would probably go spear for the AOE and range.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    neerthy wrote: »
    Ok I read chong's guide on being a dual blade and followed it until level 17
    and starting to think is being a dual bm good for PVP.I play lost city
    and his guide says if i go axe bm u can't hit archers even with acc stones
    so before I invest more time into my charecter are dual blade bm good for
    PVP if not tell me other build to follow

the guide

It's a lie that Axe BM's can't hit Archers.

They do perfectly fine with a PvP build and accuracy shards. Past level 70 they even kill Archers faster than Sword users.

Dual Bladers are good for PvP at the beggining, though, not as strong as Spears. Past level 70 Axe becomes the strongest weapon in PvP, followed by Spear.

As a Sword user, your weakness is that you need your oponent to be tanking your damage so you can performe the best, but most PvP is in the air, and most people will be kitting you, so that makes your performance pretty bad when fighting ranged classes.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's a lie that Axe BM's can't hit Archers.

They do perfectly fine with a PvP build and accuracy shards. Past level 70 they even kill Archers faster than Sword users.

Dual Bladers are good for PvP at the beggining, though, not as strong as Spears. Past level 70 Axe becomes the strongest weapon in PvP, followed by Spear.

as proof, i was able to kill a lvl 70 archer when i was 65 in that underwater PK thing, I missed like...once or twice. In fact I dueled a sword BM that was lvl 70 when i was 68, he missed more then me.
    Back.
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    as proof, i was able to kill a lvl 70 archer when i was 65 in that underwater PK thing, I missed like...once or twice. In fact I dueled a sword BM that was lvl 70 when i was 68, he missed more then me.

Sword BMs have a lot more dex, resulting in more accuracy...you just got lucky.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Define "a lot".

200 is a lot?
    300 is a lot?

There is not really that much difference.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009

and just before he was dualing an axe BM of his lvl and he owned him
    Back.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sword wr's are bad. I beat a 75 one at 63 on my archer in a duel, Lol she was using apo pots aswell.

<3 metal atks.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Who said they have more dex? That depends uniquely on your build.

I'm an axe Warrior and I have more dex than it's needed to use 9x sword. So tell me please how they're more accurate?

I have 2.7k Accuracy atm almost 2.8 1 LY ring and 1 2% crit ring, if I get my hands on behe ring expect 3.1-3.2k accuracy. Who said axe warriors couldn't hit anything?
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • PXRage - Heavens Tear
    PXRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    if u want to smash everything go fist. simple nouf.