Best solo class?

genericusername
genericusername Posts: 15 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I asked this question on another board, but I decided to move it here...

The title pretty much says it all. I'm wondering what the best class is to solo play overall. Any information or opinion would be nice, the more detailed the better of course...

And, because I have a sneaking suspicion that this best class may be Venomancer... can I have the 2nd best class, too? XD

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by genericusername on

Comments

• SputKe_OwnZz - Lost City
    SputKe_OwnZz - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well in my opinion Barbarian would probly be the best solo class in my opinion

but Venos are way to overpowered so they are pretty good 2 b:laugh
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Best solo class is definitely venomancer, lol. It's like having two players in one. XP

Barbarians kill too slowly. =/ They get KS'ed all the time, and they have trouble leveling due to it.

EDIT: Second best solo class, imo, would be BMs. I mean, self-buff, self-heals, tanking capabilities (to some extent), decent damage, and a nice HP pool? Sounds pretty good to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • genericusername
    edited January 2009
    I had a feeling it would be Veno, lol...

So can we have a verdict on 2nd best? :)

EDIT: Ok, saw your post Raviste. If anyone else has something to add, though, please do :)
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Oops, I didn't know the edit went through. XP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Venomancer. There's really not much of a question that this is the best solo class. As for being overpowered, that's a phoenix/herc to pvp/pve argument that's been going on for ages.

I myself have neither, and still find it to be the absolute best class for soloing.

When push comes to shove, even if it takes awhile, you can spam heal the pet and let it kill whatever you're fighting. Every class has a specialty, this one's ours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Swifti - Heavens Tear
    Swifti - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    im pretty sure venos arent the fastest solo grinders but can solo more bosses/dungeons. just depends what you want i guess
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    venos are pretty much the overall great class they have PVE down PVP (phoenix) and solo bosses(herc) buts its gonna cost u a little $$ for the PVP and boss part, even w/out those 2 they still good at PVP and bosses(just not all HH's)
  • Kitse - Sanctuary
    Kitse - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    first: veno. without a shadow of a doubt. that is not quite soloing as they have an offtank after a fashion.

Second best IMO is more dependant on your playstyle and preferences. battle clerics are quite interesting option, and so are light armor mages... I personally think that barbies are way too slow offensively to be fun but they are ok too.
  • genericusername
    edited January 2009
    Ok, thanks again for the feedback.

Can I squeeze any more opinions out of this topic...?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've vote for #1 Veno... has personal tank and can still do decent dmg..
    For #2... prolly BM, moderate ability to tank and decent damage.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Barbarians kill too slowly. =/ They get KS'ed all the time, and they have trouble leveling due to it..

wrong.. i never get KS'edb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    first: veno. without a shadow of a doubt. that is not quite soloing as they have an offtank after a fashion.

Second best IMO is more dependant on your playstyle and preferences. battle clerics are quite interesting option, and so are light armor mages... I personally think that barbies are way too slow offensively to be fun but they are ok too.

i dotn recommend anyone being a "Battle" Cleric i mean seriously if clerics were meant to have more str then magic dont you think that they woulda allowed clerics to cast with any weapon.
  • Celkia - Sanctuary
    Celkia - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    a battle cleric is not one that puts strg into its build
    its a full attack cleric
    which focuses on offensive skills and pure mage build
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    VENO HANDS DOWN, Although BM can aoe mobs 8P
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Venos are... errr... that's getting old, we all know they are the best solo, no need to repeat over and over again *rolls eyes*

I think LA Clerics are fabulous on solo, great dmg, acceptable m/p def, healing spells that save you lots of money and buffs that make up for your downs.
    Of course it comes with it's own dissadvantages like all classes after all - lack of mana, so you either need a wide wallet (ingame, i'm not talking about lame people that waste money on a game to get on the top of a list or kill more pixels - even if that sounds so offending, that's how I feel) or enough patience to meditate often (no need to go on with enchants..) b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antimodes - Sanctuary
    Antimodes - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I love my sorcerer to solo. Cast that long nuke followed by the half long nuke, then the quick nuke. Usually dead before they even get to ya.
  • genericusername
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I had a cleric and I must say the leveling was pretty good. I personally don't mind the meditating; since you don't have to worry about HP, you get to watch your magic go up at a pretty awesome rate :)

I think I'm gonna stick with BM for now. Just gotta make it to level 29 so I can self-heal :)

(But don't let that stop you from contributing your own two cents).
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    archer for solo..only because its the only main char i play b:pleased
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    wrong.. i never get KS'ed

Might be just me then. xD My newbie barb gets KS'ed often. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Might be just me then. xD My newbie barb gets KS'ed often. b:surrender

b:surrender well i will admit at the lower levels i did get KS'ed quiet alot
    but nowa days it's barely everb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Quileute - Lost City
    Quileute - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'd go with Venomancer.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think LA Clerics are fabulous on solo, great dmg, acceptable m/p def, healing spells that save you lots of money and buffs that make up for your downs.
    Of course it comes with it's own dissadvantages like all classes after all - lack of mana, so you either need a wide wallet (ingame, i'm not talking about lame people that waste money on a game to get on the top of a list or kill more pixels - even if that sounds so offending, that's how I feel) or enough patience to meditate often (no need to go on with enchants..) b:victory

How is that lame in any way.
    Be thankful someone else is helping pay the server fees to support your free gaming session. Ungrateful slob. b:angry
  • LostKiller - Heavens Tear
    LostKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think if u r SKILLED enough ! and talented! u can go for WIZZY!!! i dont remember parting with anyone and that i needed help!! but if u are not a skilled guy and dont know how to not take dmg!! then i have to say go for a veno!!!!! or a barb!! and if u want easy hunting then go for archer
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I find my tank extremely easy to play :D and since im on a PvP server i kindly ask KSers to stop, if they choose to ignore my i kill them. I dont have a hard time lvling at all, sure its a bit slower than other DDing classes but overall i find Barbs very enjoyable to solo with!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How is that lame in any way.
    Be thankful someone else is helping pay the server fees to support your free gaming session. Ungrateful slob. b:angry

When you pwn someone that didn't actually spend real money to make gears DON'T call him/her "n00b", those are the ******* I'm reffering to mainly and unfortunately from my expirience EVERY SINGLE donator was a **** and playing it tough with his 5k euro gears.... lame, though I haven't seen that in this game yet, I'm sure I will in time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitzyukii - Heavens Tear
    Mitzyukii - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have a veno as well, and I can tank pretty well. b:pleased
  • Nubbinz - Harshlands
    Nubbinz - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Jeez guys he has asked like 3 times what is the best one BESIDES the veno
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Jeez guys he has asked like 3 times what is the best one BESIDES the veno

Jeez Nubbinz, you and your necro...
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Xx_Kaoru_xX - Raging Tide
    Xx_Kaoru_xX - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've played other classes....but bm seems to be a good choice (if you dont want to be a veno)

You can even solo bosses pretty well if you get party buffs first (defence buffs and bloodpaint)

With a decently geared bm you can solo bosses pretty decently with little pots if you have bloodpaint buff from a sin b:pleased

I use 3 str 2 dex per lvl which lets me use fists (for tanking/solo'ing) and axes for aoe'ing the heck out of mobs. b:chuckle

If you like melee classes then this would be a good choice b:victory

**edit** sorry didnt know this was a necro thread.... *fail*
    -Insert Cool Signature with my character's screenshot here-
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Necro >.>
    And I'm disappointed at the amount of people not mentioning clerics. We can heal ourselves. Well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
This discussion has been closed.