{Guide} Dualblade/sword BM best guide for it

bronza
bronza Posts: 35 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Blademaster
First I'd like to point out this guide used to be in the forums but I cant find it anymore...luckily I found my ould print out this is not my guide, but rather another guys. He was at the time a level 90-100 bm I believe on the malaysia servers. I unfortunatly dont remember his name but credits to him.

But I now have a level 41 BM that I love and he rocks.
Following this guide you do great in one on one PVP PVE your great against small groups. Most importantly this guide will prove all those that think Blade BM's are weak wrong and that they are amazing not just "ok"

Contents
Stats-general rule to build
Skills-Which ones to get and focus on the lvl in () just informs you of when you first get the skill.
Notes from my playing experience

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STATS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
even levels 3-strength 1-dex/agi 1-vit/health
odd levels 2-strength 2-dex/agi 1-vit health

OR

even levels 2-strength 2-dex/agi 1-vit/health
odd levels 3-strength 1-dex/agi 1-vit health

Note that at times you may need to not put points in Vit to boost your Dex or strength perhaps to equip some better weapons from time to time. But if you look ahead as to what you wanna equip and see the stats you can plan accordingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SKILLS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE BIG 4 SKILLS MAX ASAP
Aeolian Blade (lvl19) your main stun no chi needed

Atmos Strike (lvl 49) fast cool down high damage and no need for chi

Myraid Sword Stance (lvl 59) the ultimate skill high damage potential one hit killer on clothies (arcane armor) and some light armor wearers also reduces physical and magical damage (by 50% at level 10)the target can deal to you for 15 seconds costs 2 sparks but for a potential one hit kill and /or atleast 50%hp gone in one hit it's worth it.

Sword Mastery (lvl29) DUH YOUR MASTERING SWORDS up base damage with swords as well as your skills damage.

OTHER SKILLS OF INTEREST

Mage Base (lvl 29)- lvl1-3 till the main ones are done. Requires on spark but messes with the channeling of casters

Spirit Chase (lvl 39) one of like 2 range skills If you PK regularly should have at least lvl 5-7 then finish the big 4

Drake's Ray (lvl 6) your other range skill works great as a combo witht the other for things that tend to run away.

Stream Strike (lvl 9) seemingly useless with low damage and uses some chi, but after lvl 89 you should take it up if you are going to the HELL side, (which most will do I suspect) the Demon version of this has a 25% chance of giving you 800 hp. lvl 5 then focus on other major skills if this interests you.

Ocean's Edge (lvl 26) level 5 is good as a sword warrior this is your only skill to slow opponents so once the big things are maxed you may wanna finish this one, it's great or pvp.

Fan of Flames lvl 1 is enough for now, its your only aoe which you wont be doing much of and when fighting multiple things your other skills will kill them faster.

Roar of the Pride/Lion Roar- just one or two levels to start. MAX THIS LAST cool down is really slow and lvl 1 has a high stun chance already.

DEFENSE SKILLS

Diamond Sutra- must have put at 1-4 asap if you can 4 key point is for the at least 20% hp recovery requires one spark

Alter Marrow Magical (lvl16) and Alter Marrow Physical (lvl 23)-this pends on your play style lvl 5 tops or suffer skill point lacking

Cloud Sprint-Ups movement speed so max it as you can especially for pking to chase people down. if you get it to just move around faster place to place...get a mount save the skill points

Will of the Bodhisatva-um did I just insert a god mode code? yes thats right for 15 seconds 100% evasion movement up 100% immune to stun and freezing effects. MUST GET!

Skills for 79-100
Dragon Bane(lvl79) reduces attack power by 50% up crit chance by 25% for 30 seconds

Smack (lvl79) seals target for 2-3seconds and deals base damage plus 100% base damage plus 1000 damage

Flash (lvl100) ( ONLY BLADE AND SWORDS SKILL) deals 150% base damage to target plus an additional 150% of the difference of the caster's current hp subtracted from the maximum hp as damage to target.

Buddha's Guard (lvl100) um group effecting skill gives squad members extra 1000% of equipments physical defense for 10 seconds and also recovers 20% of the caster's max hp over 15 seconds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NOTES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
upon research most blade/sword bm's go to the HELL side it increase damage and accuracy.

SOUL GEMS armour use HP stones only, the evasion is good but magic still has 100% success hitting you.

Weapons plus physical attack stones only, the accuracy thing is nice but not enough your accuracy boost will come from the HELL side

SKill notes

THe alter Marrows personally I find a waste you already have high physical def your magical def is retardedly low to start. the buff doesn't last that long and the boost isn't much, but some poeple find use for it probably cause it does improve a bit at higher levels, but then your damage skills will lack. I honestly forget I have them and never have had problems.

Cloud Sprint as stated before nice to move around faster on the map but get a mount...its expensive yes but the skill points saved are nice. I personally used my in Draw Blood which I find useful for tougher enemies since it hardly seems to miss.

Finally as stated I've been following this guide with some minor changes which I think I stated in the notes. I haven't had issues I've tanked well...though the cleric obviously was a key player in that as well.

I'd be happy to answer questions if any, and my BM is Risca on Heaven's Tear.

If I found out more useful tips I'll share them with y'all. HAPPY HUNTING.
Post edited by bronza on

Comments

• AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I had a friend in college that used to play WoW, the name he used was Risca...

just found that odd :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Risca - Heavens Tear
    Risca - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I had a friend in college that used to play WoW, the name he used was Risca...

just found that odd :O

hehe well it wasn't me though I used to play WoW...

I dont know about your friend but I got the name from the First King of Shannara by Terry Brooks. Risca was a dwarven druid that specialized in battle arts more then anything magic related.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Are you blind/dumb?

This guide is 11 topics down from this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=82062
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Lyndura, please don't insult people just like that.
    Regardless, she's right. There's no need for this guide to be on here twice. Closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.