Friends-chat Option

Zilariah - Heavens Tear
Zilariah - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
Theres a squad-chat and a faction-chat but no friends-chat for the times you want to hit up all your friends at one time.

For instance: say I'm going to do an fb run and want my friends to join, I can simply hit the "Friends-chat" and ask everyone at the same time who wants or can come. Rather then hitting each up one by one.

Some of us have hundreds of friends in our list that are NOT in our faction or even in a faction at all.

Same faction or not those on our friends list are valuable to us and should have a special "Friends-chat" option!

Please take the time to vote & thank you ahead of time for considering this option.
b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Zilariah - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pixiewink - Heavens Tear
    Pixiewink - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    not a bad idea. certainly could save some time.
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    cant you create chatrooms in this game? isnt that basically the same thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No, chatrooms are only for the people who choose to join it. You'd still have to pm all your friends to get them in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zilariah - Heavens Tear
    Zilariah - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A Friends-Chat feature would be the quickest and easiest way to inform all your friends of anything and also inquire anything without having to click on "public relations tab" then click on "friends tab" then right click and "individual freinds name" and then click on "chat" thats 4 steps for every single friend on your list. Where as the Friends-chat option would be just one step period.

Its easy, its quick, its valuable and needed. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's not a bad idea, however it'll create another chat. I already have trouble keeping up with the normal and faction chat. Especially, when I'm in a squad and also need to look at the squad chat.
    Following 3 chats in the same time is hard, following 4th would be even more difficult (if not impossible).
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If they implemented this feature, I think that they might also need to implement some way to take yourself off someone else's friends list (instead of you taking them off of yours). And, perhaps, they could provide an alternative (softer) sound. I know one cleric that does not like that knocking sound very much.

Personally, I when I am inviting people for FBs, I try and get people we need (ideally with levels similar to mine, with classes we need, not already in an instance, and that kind of thing). I have some high level casual friends that I try to only pester in unusual situations -- and not when they are busy some place else.
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    THANK YOU... Yes we need this because we don't need so many chat windows at once <.>
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf