Clerics and PvP...

MikeL_X - Sanctuary
MikeL_X - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Cleric
So i'm seriously thinking to make a cleric, i currently have a wizard lvl 22 and I love the class but there are some things I hear about clerics that make me wanna check them out. What attracts me the most is that (according to what I've gathered) Clerics are not purely a support class but it can also be used for PvP(as a DD).

So are they really that good at PvP? Also what attacking spells do they poccess?

I don't expect to see those beutyfull numbers above foe's heads that I see with a wizard but I wonder what the deference really is.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by MikeL_X - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ryocean - Lost City
    Ryocean - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well from what I currently and personaly experience, they are not bad in PvP.
    Against Melee guys I cast Great Cyclone, run cast Great Cyclone againn until im far enough and then cast whatever spell I need.

And you mentioned that the damage won't be as high as a Wizrd. True, but the Cleric has some multipurpose abilities though to make up for it. It can heal, buff, and debuff. So its a more versatile character than what people would expect.

Where as, if I'm not mistaken, the Wizard is a high powered canon. Designed to shoot, shoot, shoot, and destroy everything. What it lack with heals and buffs it makes up for it with its offense.

Ok, I believe I pretty much stated the obvious I think. Thats what happens when you get carried away.
  • Conce - Heavens Tear
    Conce - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hehe...Look...Cleric>Wizards...Bottom line...If u can throw money on this game...go with a fac...ull pwn...but if u dont have 1k+ money to spare refining ur ****...then dont even bother with clerics...cause most likely...if people evade ur stuns sumhow...ur screwed..but if they dont..and u play ur cards right...then one hit maybe 2 hit them.
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" Co7Vc3 <3 El Romance Letal <3 *Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands*
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Are there many people that spend money for the game? Imo that's dumb but oh well, if I continue with that subject I'll lose myself so.... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    While I'm not really into saying any class is better than any other [I think they all balance in the end]...I can say that being a cleric has pretty nice perks when it comes to PvE and possibly PvP [though I have not experimented much in the field.] From a logical stand point, however--with Plume Shell, Chromatic seal and awesome healing abilities, Clerics--if played right, would have advantage over Wizards.

Then again, I can't really say much about PvP since I haven't delved into the realm...but I play a FAC [or try to XD] and though my Vit is low, I spend money on HP shards so my HP isn't TERRIBLE [LOL it kinda sucks, still, but...]. In any case, having pure INT helps my ironheart, so I can usually take on a few mobs at a time...I assume the amount of damage from a few mobs = damage from a player... and well...if my heals can keep up with that, then all I'd need to work on is my reaction times.

Basically, as a cleric--you've got the tools...you just have to learn to use them. X3
  • Bauhumet - Lost City
    Bauhumet - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I 2 shot wizards. Wizards are only a problem at higher levels.

PS. Be prepared to spend alot of money on mp charms or forever be frustrated with meditating.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So i'm seriously thinking to make a cleric, i currently have a wizard lvl 22 and I love the class but there are some things I hear about clerics that make me wanna check them out. What attracts me the most is that (according to what I've gathered) Clerics are not purely a support class but it can also be used for PvP(as a DD).

So are they really that good at PvP? Also what attacking spells do they poccess?

I don't expect to see those beutyfull numbers above foe's heads that I see with a wizard but I wonder what the deference really is.

Thanks in advance.

The advantage to Clerics is that they are well rounded and strong in all areas. Whether it is PvP or PvE they have many advantages. Note that I say "strong" and not "strongest".

In PvP it all depends on your opponents class, level, and armor type. Read through Cayeon's guide...he gives some good examples.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic