Level 3 Blacksmith, no more exp till 50?

jingoku
jingoku Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2009 in The Crafting Nook
I'm currently at blacksmith level 3. I've crafted 3 level 4 items and didn't get a single bit of exp. So is it not possible to get exp towards level 4 blacksmithing until I'm level 50 and have completed the appropriate quests? I figured I'd be able to max my craft exp for level 3 and once I'm 50 just do the quests and open up level 4 blacksmithing. Will I have to wait till 50 to even be able to do that?
Post edited by jingoku on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can get the exp for level 3 before you are 50. You may have been crafting things you need level 2 blacksmith for though.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Equipment levels != Blacksmith levels
    For every blacksmith level you can create equipment 2 times that.

So for level 4 items, you only need level 2 blacksmithing.
    If you want to level up blacksmithing more, create level 5 and 6 items. However, I would try creating the weapons you need to level up to level 4 blacksmith, or weapons you need in general.
    (two star Sawtooth Blades, Ornamented Bow, and Heretic Banishing Pataka)
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When you are crafting, near the bottom it will say "required blacksmith level #"
    If you are level 3, make sure you are crafting items that need you to be level 3 to make.

another question, why do you need those 3 weapons mentioned?
  • Veltore - Heavens Tear
    Veltore - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I blew aa few mats making arrows before i realized i didn't get any skill ups.

you proballaly need to do the step 2 quest to get blacksmith lvl 4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When you are crafting, near the bottom it will say "required blacksmith level #"
    If you are level 3, make sure you are crafting items that need you to be level 3 to make.

another question, why do you need those 3 weapons mentioned?
    Those weapons are needed to complete the crafting quest for Blacksmith Level 4. You will need to bring those three 2-star weapons (doesn't matter if you make them or trade for them) plus 10 Refined Steel to receive the Intermediate Blacksmith Book. You take it to an Elder to upgrade your Level 4 Blacksmith skill, similar to what you did for Level 1.
  • nsaneone
    nsaneone Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    On another note, If you hit level50 and haven't risen your BS skill at all yet is it still possible to?!
    If you buy the level4 book and learn it do you go from lvl1-lvl4?