how to get new character skins

redbase
redbase Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
my friend asked his friend about the game and she said that you could download more skins for your character, for example if you were a panda ou could download a certain skin and become a fox or something is that true?
Post edited by redbase on

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No, it's not true.
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yep i was wondering how the hell this happened =D

20071125231344cc4.jpg
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Alegar - Sanctuary
    Alegar - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yep i was wondering how the hell this happened =D

20071125231344cc4.jpg

Someone should take that cat to the vet.....he doesn't look good.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Fiddling around with any of the game files like the person in that screenshot did can lead to an instant ban if caught. Do not play around with the game files to get the skin of a Venomancer for your tiger if you want to keep your account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alegar - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Fiddling around with any of the game files like the person in that screenshot did can lead to an instant ban if caught. Do not play around with the game files to get the skin of a Venomancer for your tiger if you want to keep your account.

So I take it player created mods and addons are a no no here?
    Which I think the dev team done a really good job with stuff and put a lot in the game that people have to make addons for elsewhere. For the most part I don't really see a need for em, was just wondering. Only thing I would really like to see an upgrade mod or whatever for is something to let you assign keys to the various skill bars. Other than that they already have most everything else in the game. Wonder if they will ever upgrade the skill bars?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Big no sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alegar - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Big no sorry.

Meh, oh well one little downside to a game I have played only a short time but have nothing really bad to say about it so far. I guess it won't actually kill me to have to click a few skills :P
  • sinez
    sinez Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well, it IS sort of possable, they have nothing against client side stuff, they just wolnt help you with it, skins are fine if they only affect what you see and not what anyone else sees, at least thats what i heard. i still dont know where to FIND skins though,
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sinez wrote: »
    well, it IS sort of possable, they have nothing against client side stuff, they just wolnt help you with it, skins are fine if they only affect what you see and not what anyone else sees, at least thats what i heard. i still dont know where to FIND skins though,

wtf is with these idiot people and necroing?

NECRO

sidenote: doing any kind of modification, server or client side, is bannable. period. end of story
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. BAD necro! *smack* No resurrecting the dead.
    2. It is possible but also against the Terms of Service - so as Aryannamage already said pretty clearly, they do have something against client-side modifications. If you get caught you'll get banned.

...Of course, you'll likely only be caught if you do something ridiculously stupid like posting a game mod on these forums and saying "Hay guyz, lookit what I made!" But that's not encouragement.