cleric, wizard or venomancer?

Options
Wulph - Heavens Tear
Wulph - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I always play the tank clases in mmo's and this one is no different. however for the 1st time i actually want to lvl up a caster.
i have read the guides of all 3 classes mentioned in the title. however i want to hear from people who play the classes for 1 thing. which one has the flashiest spells XD. i wanna see big explosions, lightning bolts ect.
ya watching a char swing his melee wep with some colour kinda gets old.

so far ive seen a wizard throw a phoenix at enemies, clerics charging up some lightning attack and venos, well those make green stuff come from under them.

Oh and i dont care much about the pvp aspec. more for being a dd in the pve aspect of the game. i know ill have to adapt to how to engage and enemy so that wont be an issue also (no need to tell me class x can survive longer ect.)
come on i wanna kill mobs in in style XD
Post edited by Wulph - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    hm the venos' spells aren't very flashy... until lvl 40 you get 5 attacks which look nearly the same, just with different colors.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Wulph - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I always play the tank clases in mmo's and this one is no different. however for the 1st time i actually want to lvl up a caster.
    i have read the guides of all 3 classes mentioned in the title. however i want to hear from people who play the classes for 1 thing. which one has the flashiest spells XD. i wanna see big explosions, lightning bolts ect.

so far ive seen a wizard throw a phoenix at enemies, clerics charging up some lightning attack and venos, well those make green stuff come from under them.

Oh and i dont care much about the pvp aspec. more for being a dd in the pve aspect of the game. i know ill have to adapt to how to engage and enemy so that wont be an issue also (no need to tell me class x can survive longer ect.)
  • Wulph - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Please only create one topic on this subject Wulph. Sent the other two in for closing.

As for your question, you'll want a Wizard for the highest damage output, lowest survivability, Cleric for medium in both, Venomancer for medium damage output, highest survivability (though lowest survivability if the pet dies).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Wulph - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Please only create one topic on this subject Wulph. Sent the other two in for closing.

As for your question, you'll want a Wizard for the highest damage output, lowest survivability, Cleric for medium in both, Venomancer for medium damage output, highest survivability (though lowest survivability if the pet dies).

im not asking about survivability or dmg output. i was asking for which one has the coolest spell effects. the rest i can work around.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    In terms of spell effect appearance, mages.
    Venos have jack all. Clerics have a few things that looks kinda flashy, but the whole dropping meteors on people, pushing them with phoenixes, etc, that's all mages.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If your main concern is flashy spells to DD with, i'd say go with wizard. I love my Veno, but i have to admit, its spells arent very flashy. Tempest (i think?) for clerics seems like one of the flashiest spells, but as a cleric you'd more often be a healer. Wizard has some good flashy spells and is one of the top DD next to archer.
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wizard by far.. at 60 you get the best looking spells like Black Dragon and Blade Tempest.. I have all 3 classes and I prefer the wizards spells.. The only other one that impressed me was from a high ranking ARCHER, he did some AoE attack that rared back and shot a **** load of arrows in the air..
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If you're going purely for animation purposes, I would go wizard. They get some pretty flashy spells.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If you're going purely for animation purposes, I would go wizard. They get some pretty flashy spells.

100% Agree. Veno's are a total waste if you want fancy looking spells. All we really get is parasitic nova, which if fun to watch but takes two sparks so you can't use it very often.

Clerics have flashy buffs, but offensively the spells are pretty meager as far as looks go compared to the wizard. (Still got venos beat though lol)

I do love my character, but our spells are just not that exciting lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.