What not to sell

dice2
dice2 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi everyone,

Usually I start games off by getting all good drops in level 1 to 10 and selling them to NPCs not knowing what they are, being poor afterwards. Not even downloaded the game, still I would like to know what the things are I shouldn't sell WHATSOEVER! b:laugh

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Celkia - Sanctuary
    Celkia - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i suggest you keep materials for crafting or sell them at AH rather than NCP
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It depends really on your own playing style.
    Would you be interested in the manufacturing skills?
    Those would be blacksmithing (Ability to make weapons/ammo), tailoring (Ability to make armors), crafting (Ability to make amulets/rings) and apothecary (In short ability to make pots). A guide to this can be found here.

Then there are Dragonquests items which are worth quite alot. Not many people do these quests because of the amount of time it takes and also the cost of the mats needed.

Items which are not specifially named to be usefull for something are those you can just npc. As for the rest that is really up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Search for the item you're wondering about at this site:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search_item

Find the correct item in the search results and click on it. It should give you a list of quests that require the item, crafted materials which need it, and mobs which drop the it.

Generally, the more quests the item is used for, the fewer mobs which drop it, and the lower their drop rate, the higher its selling price to players. If it's not used in any quests, it's probably safe to just sell it to an NPC. But if you're unsure, you can always stick a few in a cat shop for a little more than the NPC price, and see if they sell.

So for example, element powder is not used for any quests, so you can just sell it to an NPC. But element dust is used for many quests, so you can probably sell it to players for more than its 800 selling price to NPCs.
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You will need to get the bank extension quest and collect those materials...like antennas, mystic meat ect. Dont sell those materials until you have done the quest.
    Also dont sell the celestral stones.