What can i do with Orchidelia Flower

Options
Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary
Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I think I got this at a quest, when i finished the quest and still dunno what i can do with it.
-Please insert coin-
Post edited by Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have one as well. I gentleman gave me his (I'm a girl Wizard) but I do not know what to do with it either.

So far I have not found anyone who knows what to do with it.

Hope there is someone on the Forums who knows what it can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The rumor is that if you (a female character) take it to the guy in Northeast Archosaur who gave the quests about building a flying machine (not on right now so don't recall his name) he will give you a quest. If you would not mind putting this theory to the test and reporting back if it is true or not, it would be much appreciated.
  • Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary
    Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i tested it with a veno. we tried npcs (for example the one where i got the flower), double click, when i got the flower in inventory and she, but it didnt work. Maybe its because we are too high lvl, because the quest where i got the flower, u can make till lvl 30
    -Please insert coin-
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2833

It's a male-only quest (I did it with my barb, my veno could see the quest but couldn't get it). I dunno what'll happen if a female has the item and talks to the NPC. Probably nothing as the flower is required to complete the 3rd part of the quest, and you need to be male to get the 1st part.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yes, getting the flower is male only. But, you end the quest line with the flower sitting in inventory. Some guys read the description and try giving it to a girl. Nothing happens. Most just NPC it. The rumor is that if a female character (possibly of a level below 30?) takes the flower to Mr Shih (or somebody), she gets a quest that is female only. I have never seen this quest in any database, but have heard several female characters say they know about it (never clear if it is the rumor they know, or it is on another version, or did they actually get the quest in PWI...?). It seems marginally credible that with the lack of clarity from the description and possibly a level restriction, this might be a truly hidden quest. So, I am curious if anyone can confirm the rumor or has even attempted to get it.
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Im pretty sure it will enable a quest seeing as how everytime I am in my late 20s I get "Orchidelia flower" in Mister Shihs quest list... as a matter of fact, I have a lvl 28 veno right now, if someone wants to give me a flower I can check if it works ^^
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Just brought this to the attention of a GM who will look into this quest. So hopefully soon there will be a definite answer. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Aryanna, they aren't paying you enough. You're fantastic. Thanks.
  • aryannamage
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Aryanna, they aren't paying you enough. You're fantastic. Thanks.

I don't get paid at all! b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Apparently, they are not paying you any attention either.
    b:sad

Oh well. Thanks again for trying.

There must be something more needed (if the quest exists at all). I got the flower on an alt and gave it to a level 29 veno. She got nothing from Mr Shih.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The quest that grants the flower is male only. There is no female only counterpart quest either. I think its part of the general 'romance' in the game, which gives you an item which you can give to a girl in the game as a show of affection. It's also a bit one sided, as are many aspects of the 'romance' in this game.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    That is almost surely correct. Am I being too romantic in pursuing the rumors that the flower is good for something more than the trade-in value? Probably.

b:laugh

But, don't get me wrong, I'm all for less one-sided male-female stuff in this game. I'd gladly trade the various embarasing forms of embrace for a friendly platonic hug, handshake, or back-slap and the ability to share rides equally.
  • aryannamage
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Apparently, they are not paying you any attention either.
    b:sad

Oh well. Thanks again for trying.

There must be something more needed (if the quest exists at all). I got the flower on an alt and gave it to a level 29 veno. She got nothing from Mr Shih.

Actually just spoke to that GM again (I admit I forgot about this) he couldn't find any other quests that use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omogisalu
    omogisalu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    well who the F made the Qst? b:fatb for brain'z? b:infuriatedb:embarrassb:shedtear
  • Mi$ta - Heavens Tear
    Mi$ta - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hella necro.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hella necro.

Put some butter and syrup on it and have it for breakfast?

Some nub will run along and steal it.

"Leggo my Necro!"
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol this reminds me I need to get the raise zombie spell in skyrim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Necrotastic!

But yeah, for those curious, the quest for females hasn't been around since beta. NFC why they haven't put it back. It was confusing enough being limited to a couple of levels, and moreso without the companion quest once the item was obtained.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol this reminds me I need to get the raise zombie spell in skyrim.

It's not all that amazing in my personal opinion. The zombies usually just get in my way while I'm hacking away at w/e enemy it is.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.