A Tigerbuild & Skillguide?

sinistervii
sinistervii Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Barbarian
Do someone know about a Pure Tiger build and Skillguide? If someone do could you please tell me one? Trying out barbs and I find the regular appearence bad but the tiger appearence rocks so yeah...
Post edited by sinistervii on

Comments

• The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    RTFM b:angry
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I might not be the best person to advice you, since I'm not of a all that high lvl. However I'm also going in tigerform all the time, and since nobody answered, I will give it a try.
    Pure tiger means basicly, pure tank build. You must know that going a tankbuild doesn't mean you're not going to need a party all the time. When soloing, it will take a lot of time since you only do little damage. However, you can party with allmost every class efficiently. When I have long quests, I usually try to find a mage of archer for a simple 2 man squad.
    For the stats go 6 str, 1 dex and 3 vit, or said in an other form, stick to the latest duall axes requirements and put all the rest into vit. (I guess you know all this, but it's just in case)

To get to the topic, I would say the use of different skills depend on the players. So I will put down a list of skills that allmost every barb would qualify as essential. For the other skills, just get at least lvl 1 of all tigerform skills to determine wether it fits you or not.
    Here's the list of essential skills:
    - Beast kings inspiration and strengt of titans: Even if they're activated in humanoide, they are really wanted by parties. On top of that, you can activate them for yourself before starting to quest. The effect stays in tigerform.
    - Flesh realm and altracity of the beast: They're used for tanking, but are also usefull when soloing. Some say not to lvl altracity of the beast higher than lvl 7, so you can use it as a time indication. I'm not a high enough lvl to confirm though.
    - Shapeshifting intensity: no comment needed.
    - Roar: lvl 1 is a must, lvling depends on player.
    - Bestial onslaught: Chi will become more and more important.
    - Sunder: AoE with hp recovery. I'm nowhere near it's lvl requirement though.

Now some skills that are subject of interplayer discussions:
    - Poison fang: Some say its useless, some say it's great. It's not really usefull for tanking, but can speed up soloing quite a bit. It stays in effect for 15 min, so you can use it to solo without spending mana pots. Personnaly I stick with lvl 1, but use it a lot. Since it adds a % of damage, it will never really become obsolete, even just lvl 1.
    - Devour: It's a good skill for soloing, or when with a BM/Archer, but useless when with mages/clerics. Main default is its high chi cost.
    - True form: Some players don't like to lvl it, since it lowers you damage even more. If you're going to tank in squad, there's no doubt: lvl it.
    - Axe Hammer mastery: Always usefull, but quite expensive to lvl.
    - Bloodbath: You hear a lot about this skill, but when in tigerform, you won't use it very often. I only use it when there is a better tank then myself, just not to be completely useless in the squad (you must go humanoide in this case, so you won't steal aggro from the main tank).
  • sinistervii
    sinistervii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I might not be the best person to advice you, since I'm not of a all that high lvl. However I'm also going in tigerform all the time, and since nobody answered, I will give it a try.
    Pure tiger means basicly, pure tank build. You must know that going a tankbuild doesn't mean you're not going to need a party all the time. When soloing, it will take a lot of time since you only do little damage. However, you can party with allmost every class efficiently. When I have long quests, I usually try to find a mage of archer for a simple 2 man squad.
    For the stats go 6 str, 1 dex and 3 vit, or said in an other form, stick to the latest duall axes requirements and put all the rest into vit. (I guess you know all this, but it's just in case)

To get to the topic, I would say the use of different skills depend on the players. So I will put down a list of skills that allmost every barb would qualify as essential. For the other skills, just get at least lvl 1 of all tigerform skills to determine wether it fits you or not.
    Here's the list of essential skills:
    - Beast kings inspiration and strengt of titans: Even if they're activated in humanoide, they are really wanted by parties. On top of that, you can activate them for yourself before starting to quest. The effect stays in tigerform.
    - Flesh realm and altracity of the beast: They're used for tanking, but are also usefull when soloing. Some say not to lvl altracity of the beast higher than lvl 7, so you can use it as a time indication. I'm not a high enough lvl to confirm though.
    - Shapeshifting intensity: no comment needed.
    - Roar: lvl 1 is a must, lvling depends on player.
    - Bestial onslaught: Chi will become more and more important.
    - Sunder: AoE with hp recovery. I'm nowhere near it's lvl requirement though.

Now some skills that are subject of interplayer discussions:
    - Poison fang: Some say its useless, some say it's great. It's not really usefull for tanking, but can speed up soloing quite a bit. It stays in effect for 15 min, so you can use it to solo without spending mana pots. Personnaly I stick with lvl 1, but use it a lot. Since it adds a % of damage, it will never really become obsolete, even just lvl 1.
    - Devour: It's a good skill for soloing, or when with a BM/Archer, but useless when with mages/clerics. Main default is its high chi cost.
    - True form: Some players don't like to lvl it, since it lowers you damage even more. If you're going to tank in squad, there's no doubt: lvl it.
    - Axe Hammer mastery: Always usefull, but quite expensive to lvl.
    - Bloodbath: You hear a lot about this skill, but when in tigerform, you won't use it very often. I only use it when there is a better tank then myself, just not to be completely useless in the squad (you must go humanoide in this case, so you won't steal aggro from the main tank).

Hey this was quite helpful! Thanks alot! :D
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Glad I it was of some use. It's hard to make a real guide, because everybody has it's own gameplay.
    I thought this would be most usefull, since it can help you choose at the lvl's you're overwhelmed with new skills and upgrades of old ones (like at between lvl29 and lvl34).
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    sorry if i was less than help full this question has been asked and ansered by my self and others at least 3 times in the last week also there is a big couple of stickies up top about it.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I guess you never look at the beginners guide or general discusion then. I've answered the "how do I learn new skills?" question an awfull lot of times. If I'm really not in the mood to answer, I just look later on if someone else did. If not, I'll always answer.
    I prefer having the questions here, rather than ingame. That's really anoying.

On the other hand, who can blame you for your first reaction? When I get to lvl 55, I might do the same. :P
  • Tyraro - Sanctuary
    Tyraro - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Actually, I've been reading all the variations of this discussion and have found each one of them incrementally useful. I understand the sentiment of "read before you ask." But, I wanted to thank people for giving their own answers anyway. Those of us who are reading can now get more of a sense of the range of possibilities rather than just one definitive list of the "good" and "bad" skills.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Those of us who are reading can now get more of a sense of the range of possibilities rather than just one definitive list of the "good" and "bad" skills.

You're ablsolutely right about that. There are only a few "good" skills, but most depend on your personnal gameplay. There are a lot of barb saying that poison fang is useless, however I tried it and actually found it really usefull (it drasticly reduced the number of manapots I use).

The forum is really usefull. It's a great place to get some advice and to find tactics/builds you would never have came up with. I'm currently trying to create pure foxform build veno from lvl1. Without the help of the veno's from the forum, I would have had to start over at least 3 times b:chuckle
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thank you for asking this question! i was planning to do so, and found almost all the info i was looking for here already!b:pleased I'm not a guy, just a mom who loves the white tiger form, and thought it would be interesting to try to strengthen him enough so that he can run in trueform most of the time. i havent really any plans to have him working with others much, because he isnt my main character, but point taken about having good skills for humanoid form.
    Do someone know about a Pure Tiger build and Skillguide? If someone do could you please tell me one? Trying out barbs and I find the regular appearence bad but the tiger appearence rocks so yeah...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    its not too hard to build a barb so that you only use tigerform, as a matter of fact i hardly used any humanoid skills until lvl 70 or so.

Humanoid form is way more expensive in grinding, in terms of pots or charms. it does deal much better damage though.

And a note on sunder: its indeed a very good skill, it can be used to keep healing yourself when soloing, if you dont use too much skills that cost vigor that is.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the details on sunder. Like I said, the "guide" is based on personnal experience only for one part. The rest comes from threads I've read on the forum.

Good to know, the tigerform build will last at least till lvl70. :p
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    oh tigerform will last you all the way, dont worry b:laugh

i merely didnt have enough spirit to lvl the human skills too until after lvl 70 or so, and now i have the spirit, but no cash b:surrender
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    my stomb of the beast king still does only a 9 damage add on. And some people keep saying me it would be faster grinding in humanoide b:laugh.

I really love my tigerform b:dirty I can't imagen how long it would take to travel from the elven recluse to etherblade in humanoide form b:shocked
  • rhaegar
    rhaegar Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hey when you are talking about stats what do you mean by put the rest in con? I don't see any skills or anything like that.
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    con (PW_MY) = vit (PWI)

as for a a pure tanking guide (all tigerform) im working on one right now, once i get it a little further along, im posting it on here :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit