Wolfling or Scorpion?

Cysus - Lost City
Cysus - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
I just started a new veno, planning to keep the level 2 pet you start out with, and I was wondering which is better, vericose scorpion or sharptooth wolfling? Whenever I look through the forums everybody says scorpion, but I just wanted to make sure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Proud member of Sacrifice
Post edited by Cysus - Lost City on

Comments

• Spellbind - Lost City
    Spellbind - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Scorpion is much better in most cases. Has a huge amount of attack. Wolflings are kinda an average all around pet that really don't excel at anything. Scorpions are much better for PvP than just about any other ground pet if you can stick with it until lvl 30.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wolflings are useless. If you're planning on keeping it, go for the scorpion.

Has the highest attack of any non-rare ground pet, and pretty sweet accuracy as well.

Can't hold a candle to a golem defense-wise though.. but it's still decent.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Varicose Scorpion
    Level 18
    HP :: 544
    Attack :: 238 @ .6 attacks/sec roughly 143 DPS
    Accuracy :: 461
    P. Def :: 1161
    M. Def :: 1393
    Speed :: 6.3
    Evasion :: 263

Sharptooth Wolfling
    Level 18
    HP :: 544
    Attack :: 165 @ .8 attacks/sec roughly 132 DPS
    Accuracy :: 429
    P. Def :: 1161
    M. Def :: 1277
    Speed :: 6.9
    Evasion :: 263

Those are the stats of the two pets at level 18 @ tamed. They both have the same P. Def and should at all times as those use the same increase at each level; however, the scorpion will continue to increase it's M. Def by 6-7 at each level as it enjoys a higher stat increase there as well as enjoying a more favorable Attack increase each level. They will always have the same amount of Health as those also use the same stat increase, and they started with the same health number. The Scorpions accuracy increase also uses a higher increase so it will continue to increase it's accuracy faster than the Wolfling will making it more accurate.

Of the stats that really matter with pets (played a Hunter in WoW, so same basic concept) is P. Def, Health and the ability to hold aggro through attacks and abilities and because the Scorpion has a higher Accuracy and a higher Attack value it will be able to hold aggro better because it's abilities will deal more damage and they will hit more often even with a slower attack, but both pets will be able to withstand the same punishment from mobs because they both have (and always will have) the same Health and P. Def.

As always all numbers are at tamed loyalty.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Cysus - Lost City
    Cysus - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well, thank you everybody for the info. On my previous veno's I always went for wolfling just because I find it much cuter than a scorpion, but you can't argue with the facts! =P

The veno I made is now level 22 and the scorpion seems to be doing just fine. :)

thanks again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of Sacrifice
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Even if I knew the Scorp was better before I chose, I'd still have went w/ the Wolf...jus' cooler all in all .-.
  • claw66
    claw66 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    is it worth keeping the scorp till lvl 30 though? i mean don't most ppl in pvp ignore the pet and go for the veno anyways or am i totally off?
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    depends on the build of the veno.
    fox venos are more pvp-ish, but arcanes have some tricks (mainly 'stealth')
    regardless, it wouldn't ever be advisable to ignore a veno's pet in pvp.
    oh wait..
    yes please ignore it, b:shutup..
    .. this is not the droid you seek.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler