Skill Options

ramkiller12
ramkiller12 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Wizard
What are the 3 options most people use.And can you give me an explanation why because i dont want to choose the wrong skill and waste skill Points.
Fire & Water
Fire & Earth
Water & Earth

And what do you more concentrate on in EACH and an explanation Pleasee!!!
The Fire, The Water or The Earth
Post edited by ramkiller12 on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Specializing kind of fails, all trees have good skills worth getting. Pyro/Breath/Phoenix/Tempest, Gush/Snare/Dragon, Rain/Barrier/Blink/Sandstorm/FoW.

If you don't know what to do with your skill points, max Pyrogram, Gush, Stone Rain, Earth Barrier and Sandstorm first, and get/leave everything else at 1. That will get you a long way.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • ramkiller12
    edited January 2009
    Ok cool, i actually saw some one raised Crown of Flames and it was so much of a waste
  • average
    average Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Specializing kind of fails, all trees have good skills worth getting. Pyro/Breath/Phoenix/Tempest, Gush/Snare/Dragon, Rain/Barrier/Blink/Sandstorm/FoW.

If you don't know what to do with your skill points, max Pyrogram, Gush, Stone Rain, Earth Barrier and Sandstorm first, and get/leave everything else at 1. That will get you a long way.

This statement is full of truth.

With cooldowns on even the most primary of spells (Pyrogram, Gush etc.), you NEED to have a rotation. You can't sit there and spam one spell over and over and over continuously. The cooldowns prevent that. Also, when up against mobs that are aligned to an elemental (Fire, Wood, Metal, Earth, Water), the spells of the school that they're aligned to are significantly weaker. If you only took fire spells, and you're up against a fire mob, you're going to have an unnecessarily hard time bringing it down.

So, as Kristoph said, you have to spread it out. If you're unsure, take the advice of the second part of his post. Get those five spells maxxed out, and everything else at level 1, and then experiment and see what you like.

Also, (I think) there is no limit to skill points even at the level cap, you will still get skill points to put towards skills.
    Not responsible for missing drops/loot because YOU didn't pick YOURS up.
  • ramkiller12
    edited January 2009
    average wrote: »
    This statement is full of truth.

With cooldowns on even the most primary of spells (Pyrogram, Gush etc.), you NEED to have a rotation. You can't sit there and spam one spell over and over and over continuously. The cooldowns prevent that. Also, when up against mobs that are aligned to an elemental (Fire, Wood, Metal, Earth, Water), the spells of the school that they're aligned to are significantly weaker. If you only took fire spells, and you're up against a fire mob, you're going to have an unnecessarily hard time bringing it down.

So, as Kristoph said, you have to spread it out. If you're unsure, take the advice of the second part of his post. Get those five spells maxxed out, and everything else at level 1, and then experiment and see what you like.

Also, (I think) there is no limit to skill points even at the level cap, you will still get skill points to put towards skills.
    Level Cap whats that
  • average
    average Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't know what the level cap for Perfect World is.

But a level cap is the highest level you can achieve in a game. When one says "I'm at the level cap" it means you can't level up anymore. How you become a more powerful character after that varies from game to game. For example, in World of Warcraft, you get more powerful gear and equipment. I'm still kind of new to PWI myself and don't know all of these intricacies.
    Not responsible for missing drops/loot because YOU didn't pick YOURS up.
  • ramkiller12
    edited January 2009
    average wrote: »
    I don't know what the level cap for Perfect World is.

But a level cap is the highest level you can achieve in a game. When one says "I'm at the level cap" it means you can't level up anymore. How you become a more powerful character after that varies from game to game. For example, in World of Warcraft, you get more powerful gear and equipment. I'm still kind of new to PWI myself and don't know all of these intricacies.
    Ok dam. Well there must be a limit until a new expansion comes out
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Current level cap on this server is 105, but it will go higher, as the MY server is capped at 150 atm
This discussion has been closed.