Harpy wraith soloed?

spirea
spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Thats right folks, harpy wraith was defeated for the first time on PWI. By a veno with hercules<
SURPRISE!!!. Now, let me show you how powerful this monster is

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/14786

Now, if you did HH60, heres how powerful Chin was

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/14727

Harpy wraith deals 5-6x more damage, has 20 times more hp.

Harpy wraith is probably the most powerful boss (as far as i can tell)
So how exactly is a venomancer with a hercules pet (high 8x) SOLO the strongest boss in game? Is there no point for clerics or wbs now?

If this is not overpowered PvE wise, then might as well say the phoenix's bleed doesn't do enough damage. And dont go into the "live with it" bs or the "it costs 200$ BS" i know of MANY people who spent 300-800 dollars, and are extremely mad at veno's overpowered pets.
Post edited by spirea on

Comments

• Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Actually if you see on PWdatabase it also says comes from ectasy box (the dragonling essance which is what I'm guessing you are talking about here). No idea what the chances are, be it .00001% or whatever. I'm pretty sure this is where it was obtained from.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    as far as i know the user was found using an exploit and was told not to do it again? wdf no ban? atleast take the mats away..
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I was there approximately 10 minutes before that boss was killed for around half an hour. The ENTIRE time I was there the boss patrolled its regular path, meaning that there was no one there killing it.

This boss has 15 MILLION HP, and someone downed it in 10 minutes? Rubbish.

-Edited- either ****, glitched or lured that boss to the guard to kill.. and as I have just been told, -Edited- will be getting away with it.

So congratulations to you -Edited-, you might be making yourself some awesome gears fairly soon but the entire server knows what you did to get them.
  • Pandalord - Lost City
    Pandalord - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This is really surprising to me that a veno 80x soloed 1 of the strongest boss in game when me a barb 91 got nearly 1 shoted by it.I cant believe this g ms should really check up on this.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This is really surprising to me that a veno 80x soloed 1 of the strongest boss in game when me a barb 91 got nearly 1 shoted by it.I cant believe this g ms should really check up on this.

Its not possible. Has to be some kind of **** or NPC guard kill as was stated.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Its not possible. Has to be some kind of **** or NPC guard kill as was stated.

when guard kills there are no drops and the user got 3 essences
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pretty sure the guy didn't expect Duke to shout and thought he would get away with it b:surrender
    when guard kills there are no drops and the user got 3 essences

Only the last hit matters, not who does the most damage therefore it's strongly possible that he used guards to kill it.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    http://i40.tinypic.com/35mr14p.jpg

Things were done to make this post possible, and yes I removed the GM name, and no it's no me who had this convo.

So.... what do you make of it?
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hacking allowed...? Lol. Bots ahoy then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pugofcrydee
    pugofcrydee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    OK. So, i see someone get an item everyone else tells me is un-gettable so far.

Immediately i PM the last known GM to be online that I saw. Got a response.

Said GM then tells me that -Edited- has admitted to hacking it, and has promised "not to do it again".

Me thinks that's not quite good enough, so ask "what, is hacking legal here or something?"

And apparently it is.

Please, Xarfox, Ironman, the ones who actually KNOW something. Do something.

If this GM is RIGHT, and hacking is LEGAL... Then... Wow. I'm going to get every **** I possibly can, 'cuz if other people can have an unfair advantage, why the hell shouldn't I? Hey guys, let's get a pt of 2 together and go do the World Bosses with damage-****, that'll be good drops.

If something is not done to stop this bull.. Then this server is going DOWN, very, very quickly.

Awaiting in hope of a GM to condemn hacking and BAN -Edited- for HACKING and admitting.

If not, WTB HAX
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    http://i40.tinypic.com/35mr14p.jpg

Things were done to make this post possible, and yes I removed the GM name, and no it's no me who had this convo.

So.... what do you make of it?

um... what?

GMs explain. If you really have no problem with hacking why the **** did i work so hard to get 90? If i just could have botted and **** thru all my hh / fb runs I would have done that to.

This **** is worse than Oracle.
  • Jesus - Lost City
    Jesus - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    um... what?

GMs explain. If you really have no problem with hacking why the **** did i work so hard to get 90? If i just could have botted and **** thru all my hh / fb runs I would have done that to.

This **** is worse than Oracle.

lolumad?b:shocked
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So lvl 80 veno kills the hardets boss in the game. U need several parties with 95+ barbs with crazyass gear to kill harpy since no barb can tank it alone when turtle and dmg immune pots are on cooldown. And no... letting guard kills it, trying to get last hit dont work belive me many people tried on My-En b:surrender. Than it drops nothing. A lvl 80 hercules would die in 1 hit from harpy and -Edited- would be dead from aoe before he even got to run away in foxform.

So someone gets away with glitching/hacking w/e hardets boss in the game and gets rare mats for 9X moulders. And some nub Gm sais hacks are allowed on pvp server. This is pretty scandalous b:shocked

WTB jumphack/dmg-immunehack/wallhack for PWI b:fatb
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lolumad?b:shocked

Just a little.

We where told we where going to get half way competent GMs here. Guess that's to much to ask for.
  • syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i sent my lvl 87 herc against harpy and we both got 1 hit b:cry -Edited- too pro for any of us that play on pwi.

That boss is meant to be a culti 101 quest boss, but 8x veno can kill? too pro -Edited-, too pro
  • korren
    korren Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:surrender
    well...well...let me explain how this thing was going.(sry for my bad english)
    I didnt ever say i used a herc tanked it.I just said i used a herc solod it.
    First of all ,u should know how to lure the boss. u need to use 2 spark to avoid getting 1 shot by Harpy.then i jumped into the wall of the village.
    then i stand at the edge of her attack range and kept letting her attack and run out when she cast to keep ur agro.then i keep using hercules run out and reflect her attack.
    and i use ress scroll as soon as i died by accident and keep ressing my pet to reflect it.
    After about 20mins,Harpy AOEd both me and the guards in village.Guards rushed out and killed harpy in 20secs (D:)...
    because im the first attacker and made enuf DMG..i got the loot.
    Then GM told me that using guards was not allowed and not to do it anymore..
    I think i can kill her without guards if i got enuf time.guards just made it faster..
  • korren
    korren Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    BTW,my herc has learned lv5 blessing of tha pack
  • Law - Lost City
    Law - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    o man Korren -Edited- you hate Duke now for announcing your proness in the server? b:laugh
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:sad
    cuz GM said 1 more time u will get banned...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    First of all hacking of any sort is absolutely 100% not allowed on any server, and it is ludicrous to believe that a real GM would state otherwise.

Second, the forums are not the place to discuss the punishments or reprimands players may have received. If you have an issue with something you want to take up with the staff then the ticketing system is open 24/7.
This discussion has been closed.