Safe or Demon/Dark/Devil(?) Archer?

sinistervii
sinistervii Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
What is everyones opinion on these two final choices you get in the game? Which one do you think is the most effective? Could someone please tell me the advantages and disadvantages of beeing either a S or a D archer?
Post edited by sinistervii on

Comments

• Mysticfear - Heavens Tear
    Mysticfear - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    sage/demon?
    Everyone says demon coz it stronga but meh i dunno
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Here are my thoughts:

For Celestial Demons:
    -Archers.
    -BladeMasters.
    -Barbarian.
    -Venomancer. (It's debateable, but I say it leans more toward Sage.)

For Celestial Sages:
    -Wizards.
    -Venomancers ( Once again, I say it leans toward this category more.)
    -Clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Any class can go both ways and will be equally effective on their job. @_@

More damage = demon
    Live longer = sage

Simple as that.
    Regarding clerics, attack clerics certainly must go demon, while support clerics can go either way and still be damn good at supporting.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    heaven archers blow ****
  • Hitsuu - Lost City
    Hitsuu - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    *sigh* you are all so ill-informed. Envy only says that because he went Hell. One guy says Heaven is for living longer where as hell is for dmg which is sooo incorrect... in heaven EA gets 30% more dmg passively... that would be more dmg right? anyways check ecatomb.net if u want more info!
  • sacchin
    sacchin Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    *sigh* you are all so ill-informed. Envy only says that because he went Hell. One guy says Heaven is for living longer where as hell is for dmg which is sooo incorrect... in heaven EA gets 30% more dmg passively... that would be more dmg right? anyways check ecatomb.net if u want more info!

You mean Bow Mastery? If so, Sage only has 15% more than Demon, and Demon gives you the 1% critical. The bonus from almost every skill for Demon is superior. Saying that Sage is for living longer isn't really accurate though, its more like gaining additional Chi...which is fairly useless. Demon is most certainly the best path for EA.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Heaven = live longer and hell = more damage is a all too common misgeneralization =|

Speaking as a non-archer and just going by what I've seen/heard, most archers go heaven for charged blast and frost arrow. Hell ones do it for the crit boost. In either case, both are trying to optimize damage. And please, PLEASE do not make your only reason to go heaven the mastery. The difference is only 15%, and that's not a 15% increase in damage - it's a 15% increase in the equipment's contribution to the total damage formula. That may translate to only about 200-300 more damage on a mob.

Of course, the influx of heaven archers that I saw could have been because at the time when a lot of people were first getting their fairies, it was only possible to get the 89 books, so most people only checked out those skills... in which case heaven was clearly superior, as masteries weren't even possible to get. Idk about now though, since all the books are now available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    heaven archers blow ****
    +1

as an archer ur need crit+speed, so demon is the way to go GG
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Heaven for me not even a close call, after checking ecatomb skills, there are so many reasons to go archer

Frost arrow becoming water dmg
    Stunning arrow going from 3 sec to 4.5 sec stun
    Barrage giving 30% dmg reduction
    Mastery giving 90% instead of 75%
    Sage winged blessing 14 range vs 12 on demon
    Sharptooth 20% vs 16% (everyone will want you for hh)

How can you go demon?

For me, the only characters that absolutely own in demon are barbarian and cleric, thats a no brainer, everything else is either a wash or a clear win towards the sage side (archer and blademaster being the most obvious ones)
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Heaven for me not even a close call, after checking ecatomb skills, there are so many reasons to go archer

How can you go demon?

For me, the only characters that absolutely own in demon are barbarian and cleric, thats a no brainer, everything else is either a wash or a clear win towards the sage side (archer and blademaster being the most obvious ones)

Demon quickshot (permanent 30% attack speed inc, since it lasts 6 sec and CD is 4, if ur lucky :D)
    Demon Spark > Sage Spark
    ALL the crit skills
    the dodge/speed buff FTW !!!!!!!!!!!
    NO MISS on lightning strike !!

basically BOTH are good choices

its just the choice between being godly from lvl 89 (AS DEMON) or from lvl 99 (AS SAGE)

i chose lvl 89 since 99 is months away, i prefer to own for months than to suck b:victory
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    U mean I have to get to lvl 99 to go heaven? b:question
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    U mean I have to get to lvl 99 to go heaven? b:question

lol no
    but most of the cool skills for SAGE ARCHER are lvl 99 skills
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol no
    but most of the cool skills for SAGE ARCHER are lvl 99 skills

Ugh.....what?

Stun shot and Sharptooth are the best demon skills...and they are both at 99. It's basically 10% crit increase nonstop since you can alternate them. Quickshot might be on par with it, but it depends if you plan to normal atk everything or use skills that use a lot of chi more often.

Most people will agree that sage is better up to 99 then demon is better because of the 10% crit.
    Both sage and demon are good for lvling. Demon with quickshot atk rate increase and sage with the passive dmg additions. 10% extra evasion isn't that great when everyone starts getting the rings later on, but the extra dmg from fire buff only works with normal atks, so sage makes less use of it since demon would be using normal atks more.

So going either sage or demon is great and both have better offensive and defensive skills. It's really a preference of crit and atk rate over higher regular dmg and more chi.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Firstly about the 89 skills..
    Only 3 are available from fb 89 these are take aim, blazing arrow and frost arrow. The rest of the skills which can be learned at lv89 all drop in fb 99 AND if u research it one boss has a 2% chance to drop most of the 99 and remaining 89 books for all classes. From those who have had experience in fb99 a book drop is both rare and will unlikely be the book u want or even a book for your class.
    Therefore you cant realistically consider the rest of the 89 skills, besides the before mentioned 3, as acquirable before 99 for the simple fact many will be unwilling to farm fb 99 consistently enough to get one of these books b4 99.

So to decide Heaven or Hell ea u have to consider the three fb89 skills and the fury. Based on this heaven wins for the water element frost arrow and stregth of take aim(500%>400%). In terms of fury both have same damage increase (500% weapon) despite the info on ecatomb.net which sys heaven is 700% so the only difference there is attack speed or damage reduce. Lastly heaven have the gain vigor skill (very useful) vs Hell's steal vigor(note u do not gain the vigor u steal) which makes hell secondary skill something u do as a joke (are you seriously gonna steal 50 chi from the opponent mid pvp?).

Despite this i went Hell and don't regret it because the later skills mainly increase crit and one thing u learn from post 9x pvp is that an archer does not hit significantly hard even against robe mages etc.. it is realy ur crits which count and although heaven has a lot of high damage skills hell increases pour main attribute CRIT...
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ecatomb is a gd site to check ur doubts.
    The claim (Sage=long live, demon=dmg) is not right.

I hvn't checked the rest yet but for BM, demon gave u high spike dmg (demon gives increased CRIT) whereas Sage gave the stable dmg (weapons mastery increased percentage, regain chi, less cooldown and so on)
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Ugh.....what?

Stun shot and Sharptooth are the best demon skills...and they are both at 99. It's basically 10% crit increase nonstop since you can alternate them. Quickshot might be on par with it, but it depends if you plan to normal atk everything or use skills that use a lot of chi more often.

Most people will agree that sage is better up to 99 then demon is better because of the 10% crit.
    Both sage and demon are good for lvling. Demon with quickshot atk rate increase and sage with the passive dmg additions. 10% extra evasion isn't that great when everyone starts getting the rings later on, but the extra dmg from fire buff only works with normal atks, so sage makes less use of it since demon would be using normal atks more.

So going either sage or demon is great and both have better offensive and defensive skills. It's really a preference of crit and atk rate over higher regular dmg and more chi.

im SAYING, demon lvl 89 skills ARE WAY BETTER than sage 89
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited January 2009

How can you go demon?

having 60% crit for 7 seconds guarantees something will die.

Frost arrow - The whole water frost arrow thing seems great, until you realized its damage it cut at close range. So basically you cant even use it vs melee classes, it requires to much time kiting to ever kill anybody like that.

Mastery - 15% damage isn't noticeable.

Barrage - what the **** would you need that reduction for?

Stunning - 1.5 seconds of stun > 10% crit? I think not, bumping your crit up to the high 30% for a few seconds is absolute ****.

Sage winged blessing - ill take 10% acc over a few meters, so i can hit half the server, which is archers.

Sharptooth - I'm not spending 1 million so there can be a 4% reduction on bosses, I'll take a 10% crit boost :3.

edit: this is a fairly pointless topic since I dont beileve we have two level 100 archers with 8jun and all the skills to argue which one is better.

(are you seriously gonna steal 50 chi from the opponent mid pvp?).

I did it in the war vs bloodlust BRAH
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Is anyone completely sure that you get 10% crit from stun or is it 10% of your own crit.

aka if you have 20% crit and stun some1, do you get 30% crit or 22% crit?

Hell does have chi skills which give you 30% and 20% chance to recover chi, so it's not like you won't get any chi recovery with hell. On the other hand hell gets 2 skills that give 10% crit, and heaven gets none. I really want that question answered.

Now here's a question, if heaven stun gave 10% crit instead, and hell stun gave 4.5 sec duration (with sharptooth giving 10% stun or vice versa) would you still want to go hell knowing you are only getting 2% crit rate more than heaven archers? IMO until you get those skills, hell isn't better at all.
  • khangc
    khangc Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Any class can go both ways and will be equally effective on their job. @_@

More damage = demon
    Live longer = sage

Simple as that.
    Regarding clerics, attack clerics certainly must go demon, while support clerics can go either way and still be damn good at supporting.

because of this, if your a hybrid go demon so you can make up for the weaker damage compared to pure dex. If your pure dex than go sage so u can survive longer since you have lower health
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Is anyone completely sure that you get 10% crit from stun or is it 10% of your own crit.

aka if you have 20% crit and stun some1, do you get 30% crit or 22% crit?

Hell does have chi skills which give you 30% and 20% chance to recover chi, so it's not like you won't get any chi recovery with hell. On the other hand hell gets 2 skills that give 10% crit, and heaven gets none. I really want that question answered.

Now here's a question, if heaven stun gave 10% crit instead, and hell stun gave 4.5 sec duration (with sharptooth giving 10% stun or vice versa) would you still want to go hell knowing you are only getting 2% crit rate more than heaven archers? IMO until you get those skills, hell isn't better at all.

its an added on 10% crit.
  • Slick_Pimp - Lost City
    Slick_Pimp - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well i am still clueless about sage/demon myself,but from all u guys opinions,looks like sage would be the better choice considering all the great benefits.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    its an added on 10% crit.

archers on MY are saying is 10% of ur current crit
    so if u have 30% , the skill is goin to add 3% crit not 10% b:sad
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    archers on MY are saying is 10% of ur current crit
    so if u have 30% , the skill is goin to add 3% crit not 10% b:sad

Demon version increases critical hit rate by 10% for 10 seconds.

no where in there does it say "increses critical hit rate by 10% of your total crit rate"

It says it increases it by 10%, I.e +10% crit

Unless it's a typo. Who exactly from MY are you asking?
  • Dudusk - Lost City
    Dudusk - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Demon FTW. I can bet its brutius or wasabi. Demon Venos rock too as miXUE was an excellent pker who wore robes, heavy armour and light armour and used a magic sword....
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Demon version increases critical hit rate by 10% for 10 seconds.

no where in there does it say "increses critical hit rate by 10% of your total crit rate"

It says it increases it by 10%, I.e +10% crit

Unless it's a typo. Who exactly from MY are you asking?
    archer forum section pw-my forum
    they said its 10% of ur current crit

EVEN IF UR RIGHT (and i hope u are, coz im demon :D ), really stop reading in-game description on skills , they are so messed up
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Yes, I am bringing this back because it matters. If Stun Shot only adds 10% of your current crit, it can't really go beyond 4% extra crit, and 2% from passives. 6% extra crit at the total maximum, at 100+ pure dex with wtfpwn gears isn't worth it for me. Especially when most hell archers won't even get the passives until 99.

I am having someone ask around for me to be sure, but I suspect it's not 10% straight up crit, since barbs get like 35% from bestial onslaught, which will give them more crit than archers....on top of berserk.
  • radonja88
    radonja88 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It gives u +10% crit not 10% of ur current crit rate. Its tested on private server so its period. End of supid boring NOOB story.
  • dylanfleming
    dylanfleming Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im a lvl 47 archer but ive started a new archer to build it difrently...plus i hated my old name "RockiN_ChicK" ,i am now Mitsukaix means Angel in japanese just with out th "x"
    i been reading through forums researchin into all different builds and its a very though choice...between Sage and Demon that is...i mean...i was considering sage cuz i aint putting much on Vit...and then i was think Demon because i want to biuld my archer with a very high attack...i suppose i still got a long ways to go yet as it is only a new account,Regards,
    Mitsukaix
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    It's all good, not like I picked my path based off two skills. It also doesnt matter since nobody will have these books for like 5-10 months lolz
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i'll go heaven for just the range. 14m awesome b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory