Why I love PWI

maciaveli
maciaveli Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Okay, I am bored so going to post why I like this game so far.

I've played for a few days now so still learning it. So far it seems great.
Also, don't be shy, feel free to post why you LOVE this game too.

Great graphics Loads to do Great gameplay And it's FREE

Well, that's basically why I love this game. I am addicted. I am also very upset that the servers aren't back up yet.b:cry

IGN: Maciaveli
Class: Wizard - level 2x
Server: Sanctuary

Retried from Rohan, Archlord & 2Moons

Old IGN's: Makaveli, Birkster, Nickademus and Nicolanis
Post edited by maciaveli on

Comments

• Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i...WA..WANT...MO.MOO....MORE PERFECTWORLD

OMG I SAID IT *TRYS TO SNORT KEYBOARD*
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • maciaveli
    edited January 2009
    i...WA..WANT...MO.MOO....MORE PERFECTWORLD

OMG I SAID IT *TRYS TO SNORT KEYBOARD*

Lmao. b:laugh

• brovar
    brovar Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    On the counterpart, I will write why I hate PW:

- extremely expensive: if I don't put real money in, I die every two seconds. I need at the very lease 20$ a month just to survive, which is more than most pay-to-play mmos

- totally unbalanced (at least recently) - it is impossible to 1v1 defeat a veno your lvl who has a phoenix. The devs really need to do something about it... dunno, cut the pets hp in half? Take away the venos ability to revive pets (if it dies, then its gone)? Make veno suffer some of the damage the pet is suffering? If nothing is done about it, there soon will be only venos in PW.

I actually know why they introduced phoenix and hercules. Venos never needed to use real cash before (no charms, they don't really need good eq for pve etc). Now the phoenix is at least 200$ or so, Venos finally started giving profits to PWE (Perfect World Entertainment).
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    brovar wrote: »

- extremely expensive: if I don't put real money in, I die every two seconds. I need at the very lease 20$ a month just to survive, which is more than most pay-to-play mmos

Huh. I know people who have never spent 1c on this game, and can pwn most people their level.
    From 4hrs of Zhenning today, in which I spent nothing, as I'm a BMaster and need to lure, I made around 1.3mil. 4hrs, about 10k repair, and 1.3mil profit. That can fetch you Charms, potions, better gear? since you die "every two seconds". Yup, totally need to spend $20 when you can do that, right?
    - totally unbalanced (at least recently) - it is impossible to 1v1 defeat a veno your lvl who has a phoenix. The devs really need to do something about it... dunno, cut the pets hp in half? Take away the venos ability to revive pets (if it dies, then its gone)? Make veno suffer some of the damage the pet is suffering? If nothing is done about it, there soon will be only venos in PW.

I agree with Phoenix's being way overpowered, but if you can't beat a Veno your level, don't duel them. Duh. Why duel someone who's "impossible" to beat? Instead of complaining about it, go make a Veno, level her to lv85, get a Phoenix, go kill some people and stop QQing. If you were a Veno with a Phoenix, you'd strongly disagree with this also.
    I actually know why they introduced phoenix and hercules. Venos never needed to use real cash before (no charms, they don't really need good eq for pve etc). Now the phoenix is at least 200$ or so, Venos finally started giving profits to PWE (Perfect World Entertainment).

We should start a "Theories board" ~ b:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Yeah real balanced before, nearly everyone could 1-2 shot a veno several levels higher than them, now the odds are a bit more even.

Simple fact, bypass the pet, kill the veno. You still win. Spend your time trying to take out the pet, and yeah.. yer toast. And the reason your toast is you did something stupid.

Veno's can still easily be taken out, that hasn't changed. What has changed is we now have the ability to do a significant amount of damage to an attacker, that "might" kill them before they kill us.

I've dueled BM/Barbs my level -vs- me and my Phoenix and when they go for the pet, they loose, when they go for me, I loose most of the time.

We are the ONLY class that has to shell out $200.00 (average) hard cash (or an **** of grinding to get coin to turn into gold) to be competitive in PvP with those our OWN level by purchasing a PET.

You spend the same amount of cash on your character and you can outfit it very decently.

Create a Veno, lvl it, spend the cash I'VE spent on it to just be EQUALLY competitive with others around me, and you won't be so eager to whine about how "overpowered" our pets are.

Saitada
  • brovar
    edited January 2009
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brovar

Huh. I know people who have never spent 1c on this game, and can pwn most people their level.
    From 4hrs of Zhenning today, in which I spent nothing, as I'm a BMaster and need to lure, I made around 1.3mil. 4hrs, about 10k repair, and 1.3mil profit. That can fetch you Charms, potions, better gear? since you die "every two seconds". Yup, totally need to spend $20 when you can do that, right?

Right.. you're a BM. I'm a wizard and I need both hp/mp charms to just grind. And I burn gold mp charm in 4-5 hours of normal grind, or 3-4 hours of zhen. And how did you get 1.3 mil from zhen? I hardly get 100k after 2 hours of it. Or maybe you intimidate people into giving all drops to you? Or maybe you zhen alone, lol?:P
    Originally Posted by brovar
    I agree with Phoenix's being way overpowered, but if you can't beat a Veno your level, don't duel them. Duh. Why duel someone who's "impossible" to beat? Instead of complaining about it, go make a Veno, level her to lv85, get a Phoenix, go kill some people and stop QQing. If you were a Veno with a Phoenix, you'd strongly disagree with this also.

I'm on a pvp server (which I believe is the only server to play), and I never duel, duels are lame. I have a veno, lvld her up to lvl15 and I find it extremely boring to just send pets to kill everything, without even needing to use any skills.
    Yeah real balanced before, nearly everyone could 1-2 shot a veno several levels higher than them, now the odds are a bit more even.

Simple fact, bypass the pet, kill the veno. You still win. Spend your time trying to take out the pet, and yeah.. yer toast. And the reason your toast is you did something stupid.

Phoenix oneshoots me, no matter what lvl the veno is, every ten minutes or so while grinding I just see a phoenix behind me and then I'm dead. And pkers never come close to a veno with a phoenix, even if the veno with it is 10 lvls below them, because only a high lvl barb on tank build may (just may, never saw that) have a chance to live long enough to get close to a veno.

So, soon there will only be venos in PWI, unless they do something about it.
  • Omegasteel - Heavens Tear
    Omegasteel - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009

We should start a "Theories board" ~ b:victory
    Wow, I've played this game for months and have never spent a dime. Give it Till lvl 30 and if you're still dying, you're doing something extremely wrong. Check the forums for advice
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Veno's can still easily be taken out, that hasn't changed. What has changed is we now have the ability to do a significant amount of damage to an attacker, that "might" kill them before they kill us.

I've dueled BM/Barbs my level -vs- me and my Phoenix and when they go for the pet, they loose, when they go for me, I loose most of the time.

We are the ONLY class that has to shell out $200.00 (average) hard cash (or an **** of grinding to get coin to turn into gold) to be competitive in PvP with those our OWN level by purchasing a PET.

You spend the same amount of cash on your character and you can outfit it very decently.

Create a Veno, lvl it, spend the cash I'VE spent on it to just be EQUALLY competitive with others around me, and you won't be so eager to whine about how "overpowered" our pets are.

Saitada

We're OP. Don't try to deny it. There isn't a class that i'd be afraid to take on 1v1, and I usually pvp with people around 10 levels higher than me anyways, and still get kills.

Also, although each pet costs $200, a lot of veno spent $0 real money on this game. We can make money on our own fairly easily. Especially those who chose a herc first, that thing is a money making machine. Soloing HH makes you a huge profit if you can do the higher level ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wow, I've played this game for months and have never spent a dime. Give it Till lvl 30 and if you're still dying, you're doing something extremely wrong. Check the forums for advice

100% agree with this as well as Saitada's post. Not to say the phoenix is not overpowered, but someone dishing out this much complaining about it doesn't know a thing about venomancers.

I will also say that I do not have a phoenix, but I do run a highly boosted kowlin named Pantera for pvp and I find that I win almost as often as a veno with a phoenix. Is a kowlin as strong as a phoenix, no, but control over a pets movements while also focusing on your own skills and survival is not as easy as these veno haters believe. It seems to me that you're dying a lot in PVE, dying a lot in PVP, maybe you're just not all that good. Work on improving your own skills before coming and launching an assault on this game and its players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • brovar
    edited January 2009

I'm lvl70 ;] And as a Wizard I really need at least +3 on all armor AND constant support of hieros. But thats ok with me, I can live with that, I can spend some money from time to time, but not when the devs/gms use every little possibility to leech more out of me. Like on that charms packs affair.

And I don't like venos being able to oneshoot me even if I have hieros AND really good equipment (spent like 50$ to get it by now, going to need to spend more to refine it to desired lvl) and them being my lvl or lower.

Really, if it keeps on going in two months there will be only venos, at least on the pvp server, and every one will have phoenix. Which, of course, will be good for business...
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Where you by any chance Makveli on Marea server on Rohan???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • brovar
    edited January 2009

Me? No ;-) Never played any MMO before:P
  • Isowen - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    not u... the one that created this topic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • brovar
    edited January 2009
    We're OP. Don't try to deny it. There isn't a class that i'd be afraid to take on 1v1, and I usually pvp with people around 10 levels higher than me anyways, and still get kills.

Also, although each pet costs $200, a lot of veno spent $0 real money on this game. We can make money on our own fairly easily. Especially those who chose a herc first, that thing is a money making machine. Soloing HH makes you a huge profit if you can do the higher level ones.

Thank you for your support, especially since you apper to be a veno. Games like these really need to be well balanced, so that every class can be good at something. Each class needs to easily win against other class, and easily lose against some other class. If anyone is good at everything and not needing help, then the game is doomed and pointless. I think that whole idea of battle pets is messed up. Maaaaybeee if the pets were just as strong as regular mobs their lvl, then with improving venos own skills a bit it would be right.
  • maciaveli
    edited January 2009

Yes, and Birkster too...b:laugh

• Isowen - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    maciaveli wrote: »
    Yes, and Birkster too...b:laugh

Lol, I'm Jonne! Remember me? I was in 2 guilds with you, then went to Sanctuary guild.
    Why do you play on the pve server tho? I thought you like to pk? pve server gets fking boring when u'r higher lvl, so I advise you to switch while u'r still low ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Maciaveli - Sanctuary
    Maciaveli - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Lol, I'm Jonne! Remember me? I was in 2 guilds with you, then went to Sanctuary guild.
    Why do you play on the pve server tho? I thought you like to pk? pve server gets fking boring when u'r higher lvl, so I advise you to switch while u'r still low ;)

b:shocked Of course I remember you!! So, you quit Rohan? b:laugh Game seriously sucked, don't know why i bothered with it.

Still can have PK on PvE server though, right? Thought everyone has the option to have free PK on or off.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes you can have pk on pve server. Just turn on pk mode. White names stand out and are pked a lot.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Isowen - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    b:shocked Of course I remember you!! So, you quit Rohan? b:laugh Game seriously sucked, don't know why i bothered with it.

Still can have PK on PvE server though, right? Thought everyone has the option to have free PK on or off.

I quit Rohan a long time ago, like 4 months or so... This game is sooo much better.
    What lvl did u get? I quit at 63.

And being able to pk anyone and be pkd all the time is much more fun! Makes grinding way less boring to always have to watch your back ;) And when I'm bored I can go on a pk spree >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I got level 74 with my Dhan. then I remade a Human Guardian and got like level 64 in 4 weeks or so. b:laugh(he was the 2nd strongest on the server)b:pleased

Yes, this game rocks. the best free to play game I've played up to yet, I think, considering it isn't finished yet.

*EDIT*
    Oh, I've remade my Wizzy on Lost City and looking for a good and active faction.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Isowen - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I got level 74 with my Dhan. then I remade a Human Guardian and got like level 64 in 4 weeks or so. b:laugh(he was the 2nd strongest on the server)b:pleased

Yes, this game rocks. the best free to play game I've played up to yet, I think, considering it isn't finished yet.

*EDIT*
    Oh, I've remade my Wizzy on Lost City and looking for a good and active faction.

Good choice! If you have any questions or need help you can pm Isowen ingame b:pleased

Go check the Guild banter forum if you want a faction. My faction is recruiting 70+ only, so thats not gonna work for now ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Cleric
    RageQuit