lion mount ?

Shiningon - Sanctuary
Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
can anyone tell me if the chance of a lion mount is still available in spirt/guard packs? thx
Post edited by Shiningon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If it helps, only 2 exist in Lost City, from my knowledge. And uhh the server bought lots of charm packs ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Unno, buy few packs tell me wut ya get.
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I do no luck yet. but i havn't noticed an anouncment say someone got one for like 3weeks. hundreds of veno speacials though !!!
    edited January 2009
    keep buying more

Love,
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    are u on commision or somthing ?
    edited January 2009
    Just charge zen and buy more

Love,
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I could be totally wrong but my understanding is the Lion Mounts were part of an event, and that they no longer drop from the eggs. I don't like em myself, too Narnia and I boycott anything Narnia after some lame religious nuts screamed that Lord of the Rings was Satanic but Narnia was ok because it was written by a Christian.

Idiots! I swear!

Anyway back on topic. I've purchased my share of the packs, and all the eggs give me is lame little hp/mp things.

Saitada
  • syen
    syen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lion is just to darn rare id rather see it go gold shop would be the first mount id buy
    edited January 2009
    I played the lion in narnia, i dont see a religious connection with lord of the rings.. wuts religious bout midgets a old guy a fat midget a fairy and some guy that hasnt gotten laid in ages so he looks angry all the time.. that try to take a ring n destroy it meanwhile they fight a dumb founded food deprived dog cross frog. dont see it..reallly dont..

I dont see whats religious bout narnia either, bunch of loner kids go in a closet little girl meets a pedofile goat..then some all high n mighty got summin shuved up her #$%@ soundin granny starts freezin all these talkin animals.. sounds more like someone took a hit of pcp n started writing on paper..

Love,
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I played the lion in narnia, i dont see a religious connection with lord of the rings.. wuts religious bout midgets a old guy a fat midget a fairy and some guy that hasnt gotten laid in ages so he looks angry all the time.. that try to take a ring n destroy it meanwhile they fight a dumb founded food deprived dog cross frog. dont see it..reallly dont..

I dont see whats religious bout narnia either, bunch of loner kids go in a closet little girl meets a pedofile goat..then some all high n mighty got summin shuved up her #$%@ soundin granny starts freezin all these talkin animals.. sounds more like someone took a hit of pcp n started writing on paper..

Thats just it, there isn't anything religious about it, but this group (and off hand I can't remember their name) made some stink about Lord of the Rings being Satanic and luring children into Witch Craft, but when asked about narnia they said "Oh narnia is ok, it was written by a good Christian man, there is nothing satanic about it."

My view, they are both basically the same type of story, good -vs- evil.

Saitada
  • Xanadudu - Heavens Tear
    Xanadudu - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    this is the chances of winniings from the egg:) http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18581
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    this is the chances of winniings from the egg:) http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18581

How fast does it run?

Is 11 meters per second the max for land mounts?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It runs at 10m/s at level 11 defaultly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Okay, thanks for the info. b:victory
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The authors of Lord of the Rings and Narnia (J R R Tolkien and C S Lewis) were in fact good friends and colleagues at Oxford. They disagreed on their literature style but both were Christians. The only thing more ridiculous than a radical christian group bashing Lord of the Rings is a radical atheist bashing the coolest mount in Perfect World because of its similarity to Narnia's Aslan.

On a different note, am I the only one that has notice that the packs are no longer for sale in the boutique? Whats up? I thought PWi said this was a permanent item. Sigh... I shouldn't try for it anyway. Chance of getting one is 1 in 5000.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It was probably unintentionally removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Moderator has advised that this is unintentional and expects it to be fixed when GMs arrive in the morning.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=156652
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    ...but both were Christians. The only thing more ridiculous than a radical christian group bashing Lord of the Rings is a radical atheist bashing the coolest mount in Perfect World because of its similarity to Narnia's Aslan.

Very well said. Atheistic fundamentalism and extremism is actually scarier to me than religious...
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    The authors of Lord of the Rings and Narnia (J R R Tolkien and C S Lewis) were in fact good friends and colleagues at Oxford. They disagreed on their literature style but both were Christians. The only thing more ridiculous than a radical christian group bashing Lord of the Rings is a radical atheist bashing the coolest mount in Perfect World because of its similarity to Narnia's Aslan.

On a different note, am I the only one that has notice that the packs are no longer for sale in the boutique? Whats up? I thought PWi said this was a permanent item. Sigh... I shouldn't try for it anyway. Chance of getting one is 1 in 5000.
    I am not an Athiest. Nor am I a Christian. And i'm not bashing it, It also ISN'T the coolest mount in PW, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, Narnia sucked dog **** as a movie anyway. Couldn't hold a candle to Lord of the Rings if God himself lit the candle.

Saitada
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thats just it, there isn't anything religious about it, but this group (and off hand I can't remember their name) made some stink about Lord of the Rings being Satanic and luring children into Witch Craft, but when asked about narnia they said "Oh narnia is ok, it was written by a good Christian man, there is nothing satanic about it."

Most Christian groups I know have given Lord of the Rings their seal of approval. It has a very strong theme of good vs. evil, with a clear delineation between right and wrong. There is never any question of morality - you know what everyone should do, the only questions is whether they'll succeed at it.

Unlike a certain other fantasy series about a boy with a scar on his forehead... That one has picked up a lot of criticism from Christian groups because it's not always clear who the good and bad guys are, and sometimes they get switched around as a plot device. I happen to think their storylines are weaker because of this - it's like the only way Rowling knows how to build suspense is to keep you ignorant until just before the end. In a way that makes those stories more realistic - in real life it's not always clear which choices are right or wrong. But I can't help thinking they would've been instant classics if Rowling had been a more capable author.

The Christian themes in Narnia are pretty obvious if you are Christian, but my non-Christian friends never noticed them. Lord of the Rings has some too, but they're more subtle. e.g. Gandalf dies saving his group, then returns back to life, transformed and better than before. Failure of the first king of mankind who succumbed to temptation, success of the second. When the Fellowship splits, continuing solely based on faith that the other side will complete their task. etc.
    edited January 2009
    Christians object to Harry Potter because of its use of witchcraft which they believe is a real demonic force. Narnia and LOTR are fantasy and therefore no threat to Christian sensibilities. Atheists, on the other hand, find LOTR and Harry Potter palatable while Narnia's pushy moral message offends them. How curious. In any case LOTR wins (The story...the game sucks) Time to make a Balrog mount I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mainachan - Sanctuary
    Mainachan - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Saitada

There is everything religious about Narnia. C.S Lewis was not just a religious man. Almost all of his writing (Science fiction, fantasy, and essays) were religious.

The Chronicles of Narnia are purely religious (yet I still find them enjoyable). "Sons of Adam, Daughters of eve"? Aslan is a direct representation of the son. "The Lion King of the Land of Narnia and all it's creatures, the son of the emperor-beyond-the-sea, true beast and king of beasts." As a post pointed out about Gandaulfs "death and rebirth" from the Balrog, Aslan Gave his Life for the children and was resurrected.

It should also be noted that the Lion has always been a symbol of the solar (sun) powers in mythology, the counterpoint to the bull (darkness/moon). The lion has symbolized the sun, sometimes the death part of the life cycle, sometimes the destroyer of darkness (also intellect), in eastern and western myths, long before Christianity and maintained a part in early Christianity as well.

Before I go off on too much of a tangent, a quick look at the body of C.S. Lewis's writings will show you its religious content. The last book in the series "The Last Battle" was I think the most obvious of all, a ending that put them literally in heaven.

"Lucy said, "We're so afraid of being sent away, Aslan. And you have sent us back into our own world so
    often."
    "No fear of that," said Aslan. "Have you not guessed?"
    Their hearts leaped and a wild hope rose within them.
    "There was a real railway accident," said Aslan softly.
    "Your father and mother and all of you are--as you used to call it in the Shadowlands--dead. The term is over:
    the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning."
    And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were
    so great and beautiful that I cannot write them......."

Maina
    "The present moment is a powerful goddess" -Goethe
  • Faize - Heavens Tear
    Faize - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    can anyone tell me if the chance of a lion mount is still available in spirt/guard packs? thx

THIS IS ORIGINALLY WHAT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT, to all other who used / hijacked it
    to discuss movies which has nothing what so ever to do with this operators question, except for the part about the lion mount, so chin dont listen to nice stuff and go buy from boutique, very low to nil chance of getting a lion mount, like sait said was attached to an event they had running so save ur rl / zen for other things, u might be lucky and see someone sell one world chat
    edited January 2009
    For those who have not yet read the answer, the chances of getting the Lion Mount are 1 in 5000 according to pwdb. The thread was sidetracked by the introduction of religious flaming which many of us take personal. The literary discussion that followed was, to those of us with an education, quite enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]