Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You forgot to put a poll.
    I vote robes for PvE, light armor PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • _Blackjack_ - Lost City
    _Blackjack_ - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just put it up. I can't type very fast......... Also you can check more than one.
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Lol, I see, I didn't give you any time did I? My bad, I check forums too often =X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    I can tell =D
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    im a bit curious about pve myself... because if a mob is an element, but punches u... its P damage, atleast thats what I was told...
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Correct, any melee attack is physical. However, Wizards, Archers and Venomancers are the three classes that shouldn't get hit thanks to knockback skills, slowing skills, and pets. So for PvE, Arcane build is better to max out your damage and kill as fast as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Correct, any melee attack is physical. However, Wizards, Archers and Venomancers are the three classes that shouldn't get hit thanks to knockback skills, slowing skills, and pets. So for PvE, Arcane build is better to max out your damage and kill as fast as possible.

That's what I was thinking but some people say that Light is better because you can take more hits in PvE without dying, I'm rocking my robes right now, but I'm considering restating for PvP
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    On LC, it's probably better to go LA at a decent lvl (not from the start). For PvE, if you took too much damage in a battle (shouldn't happen too often anyway), pot up or cast your heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    edited January 2009
    idk, im actually reconcidering my vote for pve is best done in robes, but in cases that i have to kill casting mobs, i got some basic robes in my inv at all times

Im more pvp oriented anyways.... too bad I chose the wrong server lol.

oh well, maybe 1 day there will be many more pvpers on sanctuary

<3 Light Armor Versitility (more crit, slight dmg loss, more survivability, abbility to wear robes OR light armor, more space for hp (in stones not stats) and I dont see our wonderful earth barrier worth it in robes, and would be stupid to be a heavy armor wizard, and even with light armor with a decent weapon, can still out damage other classes 9/10 times, and I dont want to hear "oh archers can deal as much damage as a wizard easily, or even a cleric" I rolled a wizard for many reasons which will remain unknown to the general public. I won't lie I sometimes doubt my wizard, that changes when I look at my motivation! :D )

And yes. I know my spelling sucks. thanks.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think the poll should have been more like this:
    LA best for both PvP and PvE
    LA best for PvP, robes for PvE
    Robes best PvP, LA best PvE
    Robes best for both PvP and PvE

With which I'd have voted LA PvP, robes PvE.

Having played in robes 'til 81 then switching to LA, here are my 2 cents.

PvE is definately easier with robes. Of course I play on a PvE server so I dont have to watch my back all the time for random PK. But if you're getting hit with physical damage (ranged physical is a little harder to avoid) you're doing it all wrong. LA does have the advantage of being able to wear robes, but basically if you're wearing robes in a PvE situation and you have LA stat allocation you're wasting Matck.

PvP on the other hand I find much more fun in LA. Having had only 2 out of my 6 PvP TWs in LA its a little early to gauge just how much better (if at all) LA is over robes. My survivability has definately improved, no longer am I killed in 3 plume shots by clerics or 3 shots from archers, or killed before BM stuns wear off. I can quite easily survive being attacked by any single opponent long enough to either distance shrink away or turn my sights to them. Unless I get crit by archers or a particularly evil armageddon or a blade tempest at 75% health I very rarely die when attacked by a single opponent. Normally when I look back at the damage I've taken its from at least 2 sources. It's hard to know if I really do die less(bar counting) but I find myself more willing to run up close a pop a pheonix into a BM/Barb dust-cloud or a nest of archers.

My damage has been lowered enough for me to notice but my killing rate seems to be the same. I have 725 PvP kills, all done in TWs at an average of almost 125 per TW. Last TW I went from 597 kills to 725. (All are RoC kills but I'll blame that on the guilds I've been in :P)

I can't comment much on day to day PvP/PK. But for TW I'd say LA>robes simply because you can be a little more daring and aren't such an easy target for archers/BMs.
    I like pie
    edited January 2009

I can't comment much on day to day PvP/PK. But for TW I'd say LA>robes simply because you can be a little more daring and aren't such an easy target for archers/BMs.

Well now there is a problem, im more of a 1v1 pvp/pk kinda guy. Though I am sick of getting oneshotted by ******* level 60s Man this is a hard choice.
  • streaker
    edited January 2009
    I've never heard any complaints from robies that went LA, they find the survivabilty well worth a mere 10% dmg loss that can be made up for with a little extra coin.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    for me it really dosent matter. i put robes for pvp andpve because robes let me resist more magic dmg phys mobs and ppl usualy never really hit me. i can kill a bm in 3-4 hits while it takes the bm around 12 hits to kill me. and i can attack from a range and knockback as well as slow and stun. the only big thread to mage is archer and cleric.

at lv 45 i can do on people around my level- 350-475 dmg on bms(la), around 700-1k dmg on barbs(ha), 220-300 dmg on clerics(robe), 350-395 dmg on archers(la), 400-500 on venos(robe), and around 300 on wiz (robe but i didnt pay attention cuz i usually pk with a squad of mages/archers)

i get approx 90-180 dmg from bm, 100 from barb, and 300 ish from pure magc cleases, 260 from cleric, and 250 from archers
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i almost got 3 shotted by buffed ep lvl 64 as a lvl 71 wiz with no earth shiled on
    (la build btw) so im guessin buffs and earth shiled with determine if ur efficient in pvp
  • streaker
    edited January 2009
    There woulnd't be a point in rolling LA without the buff that makes it worth while imo
  • mastr
    mastr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So, Im thinking about going robes early on because its easier to level. I am wondering when to switch to LA. Any help would be appreciated.b:victory I am on Lost City by the way and PK sometimes but not an "avid" PKer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.