Macro's, combos and such?

Cubyrop - Lost City
Cubyrop - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Wizard
I'm just curious as to how everyone has their quick-tab bars set up. I don't know what you guys call them on here, but thats what I've heard in the past on other games. Hopefully everyone knows what I'm talking about b:shocked

Also, how are your macro's set up?

I only have one macro set up atm, and thats just a kiting/soloing macro.

Just curious, I've been going with the flow, setting mine up as I need a skill. I haven't been taking my character too seriously, but I guess since I'm approaching 60, perhaps I should start taking it a little more seriously.

Also I was curious as to what combo's you guys use.
Post edited by Cubyrop - Lost City on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I only have a standard one I change depending on what I'm fighting.. it's usually gush-pyro-gush-pyro-stone rain-crown.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Plarzay - Sanctuary
    Plarzay - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is that ending crown, crown of flame? cos it doesn't make sense to use a DoT attack after all that damage..

Being lvl 5 i can't have complexe combos :P but i have one thats: gush-pyro. I just made it for convenience, I'd only be doing them seperatly otherwise. But it just goes to show that the combo's system can be utilised by ALL of us, and the only thing i dont like about it is the symbols you have to place on them, it seems limated, but I'm probably wrong and have to look into that more sob:shutup .
    I Can do magic me! b:laugh
  • Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    While I do agree that that is a bit of an awkward place to put a DoT, it is not unrealistic considering it is one of the cheapest skills MP-wise, so if they only have a sliver of HP left, it would be decent to finish them off with.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pitfalls my favourite DoT spell to use as a finisher.
    It costs only 68 mp to cast, and its got as fast cast/channel times as gush/phoenix, making it amongst the fastest skill to use for that annoying pixel life left on mobs. =)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, Crown's my finisher. It's the cheapest skill if left at 1, and it's fast too.

Pretty different one yesterday at Dawn's. Gush-Stone-Gush-Pyro-Stone-Crown.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    one of my combos im using right now is: GS - SS - FoW- Gush - Pyro
    due to the long cooldown of fow i just use it only on every second mob
  • Dauthus - Sanctuary
    Dauthus - Sanctuary Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have four macros, on F1, F2, F3 and F8 respectively.

F1 does gush, pyro, gush, pyro, WotP, gush, pyro, etc. At full range (almost 30m) this pummels melee mobs and pushes them back so they don't hit you if they get that far.

F2 is SS, gush, pyro, gush, etc. I use it for ranged mobs, since WotP has a shorter range atm.

F3 is WotP, gush, pyro, gush, etc. That is in case I need an early knockback, or wanna push an aggro away that spawned on top of me and it continues the chain of gush and pyro.

F8 is my "Boss" macro. It has all the heavy hitters mixed with gush to buffer for cooldowns. It's also the only place I have Divine Pyro too. I don't use this macro unless I'm sure I won't steal aggro, or if I'm tanking Quincy in FB29 or some other magic boss and I need to keep aggro. The initial spike is good for getting and keeping aggro on those. I'll then go to gush and pyro for the duration (maxed out you get some nice dps out of them) and hit F8 again if I need another spike, which is not often.

F4 is pyro and F5 is gush. Being side by side makes it easy to cycle and easy to control attacks if you're worried about pulling aggro.

F6 is SS. Nice dmg and lowers accuracy, but with F2 I don't use it that much since it leads with SS.

F7 is Dragon's Breath. Great for FB 19 runs and helping lower lvls kill mobs for quests. Aggro mobs in FB 19, hit F7, mobs die shortly. lol Also good for tanking an FB 19 boss and holding aggro, then drop it when it's almost dead and let the lvl 19 kill it for good drops. No real use for it otherwise (besides showing it off, lol) until you get to do zen parties.

I don't remember what F8 is... I never use it. lol

I like to use lvl 1 crown as my last skill in a chain because then I know when the macro is done. Very useful against bosses if you don't get interrupted so you know when to hit the key to start the chain again. One can get lost in the gush/pyro cycle very easily. lol
This discussion has been closed.