Good for nothing?

ElMieda - Heavens Tear
ElMieda - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Blademaster
After evaluating my blademaster thoroughly, I've come to a terrible realization. Blademasters:

Can't tank very well due to lackluster aggro skills b:angry
Can't out damage a mage or archer b:surrender
Can't heal(Duh) b:sad

These are my biggest concerns. I don't really care about PvP, so what use is there for a blademaster in PvE? Do we even get invited to parties(mainly TT,dungeons,etc.) in later levels? By the way, I'm using axes/hammers.

And please, don't give me that jack of all trades speech. I don't think rounded character's work too well in parties(If you can prove me wrong, by all means do so.)
Post edited by ElMieda - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lets say i agree with all that con to BM's, yeah they arent that needed to much in party mode (TT, FB..etc..) ill just say some of the big points of bm's in other circumstances...

BM's are the MAJOR stunners in game (and stun is the highest debuff u will ever have followed by seal)..

They are the FASTEST characters who u can encounter in territory war (will of bodhivista). Suicidal stun + aoe can lead ur teammates in victory.

and BM's are the secondary tanks in FB or TT if ever the puller pulled 2 or more mobs. making the party have a higher survival rate due to well, stun again....
  • Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    From what I've seen, if you're looking for a primary class, look elsewhere.

The strength of warriors seems to be in their supporting roles. That might sound sort of strange concerning a damage dealing class, but from what I can see, it's true.

Pro's:
    * The standard build is able to wear both light and heavy armor and still get some con.
    * Able to tank, though not the best
    * Able to deal damage, though not the best
    * Not terribly difficult to get to a decent level (I see hundreds of them everywhere)
    * A pretty good choice for a PvP character

Con's:
    * There is almost always going to be someone better than them at everything they do

Their primary strength is in close range PvP in my opinion. As the above poster mentioned, they get a lot of nice stuns and such that make them useful there.

Though, as for PvE, they really are a jack-of-all-trades character. If you want to get into a lot of later things, I suggest playing a different class.

If you want to perform well at PvE, I would suggest playing a Werebeast or a Cleric (Assuming you can get them to a decent level), or a Werefox.

As for getting invited to parties, I have yet to see anyone ask on WC for one... for any reason really.